Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'll make this while I'm at it too, seeing as I'm more interested in these than music haha.

What're your favourite videogames and why? Best soundtracks?

I'll edit mine in while I'm at it actually.
The first 4 are in order of favourites.

Kingdom Hearts
Heavy Rain
Journey
Sly Cooper
Okami
Pokémon
Legend of Zelda
inFamous 2
Uncharted 2
Persona

Then other ones I'm looking forward to and really want are...

Thief
Watch Dogs
Final Fantasy XV

·
Registered
607 Posts
I mostly play strategies and RPGs.
I don't like actions/racings and other genres, because I feel like Im wasting my time with them, simply because there is no progression. I like such games where there is progression, and change on the environment, depending on the choices you make, like:
Europa Universalis 3 ( Now Im waiting for Europa Universalis 4 ) and Victoria 2.
And even minecraft :laughing: I Prefer minecraft over a high-tech game like Crysis X or Battlefield X .
Im even making my own city that has a population of 25 000 :3.
But its kinda cheating because im using "single player commands" that make building much easier. And the population is just my imagination - I simply count them.
Lets say I make a 20 storey building. Each storey has 3 apartments that are 250 square meters. 250 square meters are enough for a family of 4. So 20 x 3 x 4 = 240 people. In reality its ghost town, but I dont care :3

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I like any games that are fantasy-oriented or set in an alternate universe, that also have a solid plot.

Legend Of Zelda (TP/OoT), Ōkami, the Sly Cooper series and Kingdom Hearts are my favourite ones. Others include Pokémon, SSBB and Mario Kart. I started out a Nintendo freak but I've gravitated towards Sony lately.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'll make this while I'm at it too, seeing as I'm more interested in these than music haha.

What're your favourite videogames and why? Best soundtracks?
Most favorite?
On PC? Modern Warfare 2. A decent story, have enough things, soundtracks made by Hans Zimmer. Can't be worse
iPad: Frozen Synapse. A good round last a hour, brain teasing, but amazingly good game.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I started out a Nintendo freak but I've gravitated towards Sony lately.
Same. Only Nintendo things I really play anymore are Pokémon/Zelda/Animal Crossing so.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tropico: It's not the game I've spent the most time on, or the game I've had the funnest with, but it's woefully underrated. On top of simply being a wonderful city builder, it has a unique sense and black humor. Also, it has a bit of a niche; there aren't too many games around where you get to be a tinpot dictator.

Civilization V: This would be the game I've spent the most time on. Steam clocks me in at 350 hours. It's just incredibly addicting to play, but not in a frustrating or skinner box way. Every gain made for my empire brings me a sense of accomplishment. It's also one of the few empire building games that doesn't have an endgame of killing everyone else.

Fallout 3/New Vegas: I consider this to be the quintessential western RPG. On top of having a nice sense of humor, exploration actually seems rewarding. Most games with a huge open world map included a lot of copy-paste environments, but I'm actually excited about what's on the other side of that mountain range when I play Fallout, because I know it isn't just going to be another dungeon with the same enemies. Similarly, it should be an example for all game designers on how to have non-exposition storytelling. The environments have all the story you need, not that the actual plot is lacking. I care about the characters. The choices you make actually matter. Nearly every mission or mission-chain have multiple ways to finish, that will screw over one person while enriching another. Because of this, I actually feel as if my character is me, and not someone I'm controlling.

Bioshock Infinite: Simply, it has a fantastic plot. It has a plot that rivals most books or movies I know. It takes interactivity (Which video game snobs everywhere will tell you is the medium's advantage) and uses it to enchant the story. Most plot focused games treat interactivity as an obstacle. As much as I loved The Walking Dead and Heavy Rain, there were times where I felt as if the controls were designed to push me out of the way so that the game could do it's own thing. The Bioshock franchise has long mastered the act of getting the players to voluntarily advance the story. After the game ended, it made me feel like I wanted to change my life, but I didn't know how it wanted me to. I later realized that this was simply the act of being impressed.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You hear number three will be released for PS4? Why did it have to take so long since the first one!
Omg yes, I watched Sony's E3 while I was on holiday in Texas. I literally screamed when it came up; my stepmum wasn't too happy with me. xD Getting a PS4 for it, hopefully. 'Course, it'll be my Christmas present (from my Dad/Stepmum) for the next two years if I do. :mellow: But worth it, considering it has things like Thief and Watch Dogs as well as KH3.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Omg yes, I watched Sony's E3 while I was on holiday in Texas. I literally screamed when it came up; my stepmum wasn't too happy with me. xD Getting a PS4 for it, hopefully. 'Course, it'll be my Christmas present (from my Dad/Stepmum) for the next two years if I do. :mellow: But worth it, considering it has things like Thief and Watch Dogs as well as KH3.
I'm probably going to buy one as well. They had me at hello.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I could go into detail about every video game I have ever played and why I love them, but I wont do it, I'll bore you. I'll just leave this here.

The Portal series are the best two games ever made. Portal 2 being my favourite game ever, hands down.

·
Registered
107 Posts
@Thief Noctis and @Kito We've got a few favorites in common and even the initial Nintendo freak! Kingdom Hearts series, Legend of Zelda and Okami are some of my favorite ones. I also like Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei etc. RPG is my favorite genre. But my favorites of all times are the Zero Escape saga, which has two games: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward. They are very plot-heavy visual novels, they twist me inside out and I love it!

I'm really looking forward to Pokémon X/Y, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV and the new Legend of Zelda for 3DS. I'm also addicted to Animal Crossing New Leaf.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
@Thief Noctis and @Kito We've got a few favorites in common and even the initial Nintendo freak! Kingdom Hearts series, Legend of Zelda and Okami are some of my favorite ones. I also like Pokémon, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Shin Megami Tensei etc. RPG is my favorite genre. But my favorites of all times are the Zero Escape saga, which has two games: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors and Virtue's Last Reward. They are very plot-heavy visual novels, they twist me inside out and I love it!

I'm really looking forward to Pokémon X/Y, Kingdom Hearts III and Final Fantasy XV and the new Legend of Zelda for 3DS. I'm also addicted to Animal Crossing New Leaf.
*claims your soul*

Kingdom Hearts is my life haha. I've yet to give Fire Emblem a go though, it doesn't look like my kinda thing. Zero Escape Saga, I tried the VLR demo and was pretty hooked so I may properly get into it at some point, when I've got the money. Gotta love anything with a good plot or story.

SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI.
ISN'T THAT LIKE
PERSONA?

I love Persona omg how did I forget to include that in first post.

What's your FC for ACNL? Gah, you have such amazing taste in games, I literally love everything you posted. Imma add you if that's alright? xD

·
Registered
107 Posts
OMG MAH SOUL NUHHHHHH

I love KH! I'm probably getting a PSP just to play KH Birth by Sleep, it's the only one I haven't played! Fire Emblem is HARD, it frustrates me so much sometimes >___< Totally worth it though! If you're going to play VLR, please play 999 before! You'll understand most of what's going on, but it would feel just... Empty. And yes, plot is the most important thing to me in a game!

My FC is 5455 - 9523 - 1707, add me kudasai! :kitteh: I'll add you as soon as I get home, I should be going right now, terribly late D:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OMG MAH SOUL NUHHHHHH

I love KH! I'm probably getting a PSP just to play KH Birth by Sleep, it's the only one I haven't played! Fire Emblem is HARD, it frustrates me so much sometimes >___< Totally worth it though! If you're going to play VLR, please play 999 before! You'll understand most of what's going on, but it would feel just... Empty. And yes, plot is the most important thing to me in a game!

My FC is 5455 - 9523 - 1707, add me kudasai! :kitteh: I'll add you as soon as I get home, I should be going right now, terribly late D:
Ah I remember that feeling. D: It's only thanks to Kito I have a PSP for it at all. Every time a KH game comes out on a new console, I end up having to obtain that console by some means. Same goes for the PS4 and KH3, as well as the PS3 (got it for Christmas) for KH1.5/2.5HDReMix.
Yeah, strategy games aren't really my thing, and that's what FE is, right? Even though it probably has a great story and all, I'm not too up for that one.

And haha sure thing, I'll give 999 a go.

Awesome; 3DS is next to me right now actually, I'll add you. Mine's... watch this space, I'll edit. :p

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ah I remember that feeling. D: It's only thanks to Kito I have a PSP for it at all. Every time a KH game comes out on a new console, I end up having to obtain that console by some means. Same goes for the PS4 and KH3, as well as the PS3 (got it for Christmas) for KH1.5/2.5HDReMix.
Yeah, strategy games aren't really my thing, and that's what FE is, right? Even though it probably has a great story and all, I'm not too up for that one.

And haha sure thing, I'll give 999 a go.

Awesome; 3DS is next to me right now actually, I'll add you. Mine's... watch this space, I'll edit. :p
Still waiting :laughing:

So... So you know each other irl? *jealous* Hahaha kidding, it's just that people here seem to know each other so well. But I'm nothing but a newbie!

Well, if you're not into strategy games, I'll just warn you that FE is merciless (because of permadeath, though the new one has a casual mode in which you don't lose your units, but it's not that fun). If you ever want to get into strategy, I'd say to go for something lighter like Final Fantasy Tactics.

And YES, one more person to the 999 clan! *puts down voodoo doll*

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Still waiting :laughing:

So... So you know each other irl? *jealous* Hahaha kidding, it's just that people here seem to know each other so well. But I'm nothing but a newbie!

Well, if you're not into strategy games, I'll just warn you that FE is merciless (because of permadeath, though the new one has a casual mode in which you don't lose your units, but it's not that fun). If you ever want to get into strategy, I'd say to go for something lighter like Final Fantasy Tactics.

And YES, one more person to the 999 clan! *puts down voodoo doll*
Yeah, kinda. Met online about 6 years ago before irl though (on an animal crossing site, ha).

Hm, I might pass on FE. xD I could always try the demo on the 3DS though.

& I've not really enjoyed any FF games because of their turn-based battle system; that's why I'm looking forward to XV so much, because it's more KH style, action-based. Only turn-based games I like are Pokémon.

1 - 20 of 114 Posts