Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
6,937 Posts

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesomeness. It's an important development for sure. Now if we can only have workable synthetic organ farms or prosthetic substitutes, and people can stop dying waiting to be jumped up the donor list.
I thought you'd like the article!

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
I thought you'd like the article!

Biomedic research is something that's real close to my heart. Not because I'm ill in any way, I've been lucky to be healthy my whole life, but I do know that many people suffer from lack of advancements in this area. There are a lot of things we could fix and help people if the money, research and law were on the side of the scientists dedicating their lives to this stuff.

So yeah, it's kind of a big deal, it'll cut down on the rate of organ rejection, help in recovery and efficacy of the organs post-surgery. It's a good day for patients, that's for sure.

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Fuck yeah science!

·
Registered
276 Posts
yay for scientific advancement! I actually thought about going into medical research myself but I'm not sure if I still have the chance to do anything medical related. Anyway, super interesting and super great that they finally allowed it.

·
Forum Conspiracy Theorist
11,196 Posts
Is this the ruling where the FDA said that the body is a drug and they can regulate it?

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this the ruling where the FDA said that the body is a drug and they can regulate it?
No. It's about cord blood stem cell use for transplantation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts