Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would Fe exist if there were not any other people?

What would happen if an ExFJ lived on a deserted island?

How would Fe manifest itself?

Would it manifest itself at all?

What would an Fe dom relate to and make decisions based off of if he lived alone in the wilderness?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I knew somebody would say that, but I don't think Tom Hanks was an Fe dom in that movie. I wonder what an Fe dom would have done.
I had to be the one. :tongue:

I don't think Fe is something specifically limited to people. I might just be talking out my ass here, but I think it has more to do with working in the outside world and using your feelings to do so. It's not dependent solely on the existence of homo sapiens around the person, though it certainly works best with people because of its base from feelings that makes it relatable/kind to others.

Besides, when it comes to survival, I don't think functions really change anything. I think, generally speaking, any personality type would do what they had to to live. I believe that when you're hungry, tired, or thirsty, those needs come first. I don't think the method of getting those needs is going to be very different whether you're ENFJ or ISTP.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Quiet Earth

introvert feeler type all by himself, as the last man on earth.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had to be the one. :tongue:

I don't think Fe is something specifically limited to people. I might just be talking out my ass here, but I think it has more to do with working in the outside world and using your feelings to do so. It's not dependent solely on the existence of homo sapiens around the person, though it certainly works best with people because of its base from feelings that makes it relatable/kind to others.
I had always thought of that more as Fi - making decisions based on ones own feelings and values.

Interesting, what would be an example of someone using thier feelings to work in the outside world (excluding people)?

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
This thread is in dire need of some sense.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I had always thought of that more as Fi - making decisions based on ones own feelings and values.

Interesting, what would be an example of someone using their feelings to work in the outside world (excluding people)?
art work, interior design, architecture, clothing,
Bringing form to thoughts, feelings through these, also writing ...
Extraverting feeling into these things

When I see articles on Fe they are always about people. I'm hoping to find one along the lines of what Heather said. I feel the same way, that it's about making a connection with anything outside of oneself

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Always serious.
LOL, okay..... BTW, I really like the colors of your avatar.

Back to the inquiry, there seems to be an inference being made that our function-attitudes most preferred are stagnant. To the contrary, they're dynamic and capable of adapting to the environment/circumstances, as needed. We make too much of type in gauging the system against things that would have little to do with type. In the case of anyone found to be alone on a deserted island, your self-preservation instincts would kick in. Fe would be a non-essential function that even EFJs would simply stop using for the time being. The quicker they adapt to using the Se function, the greater their chance of survival since all other functions would be of little value.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts