Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys =)

So I've recently been told that I may be stuck in an Fe-Ne Loop. I've looked for information about an ENFJ being stuck in said loop, but haven't found much. I thought to myself, "Why not ask the ENFJ forum? Those guys are awesome, maybe they can shed some light on my not-so-bright questions."

Per my understanding, it has something to do with feeling insecure when faced with wanting to express honest feelings because you view them as a burden on those who listen. Er, not honest feelings, but rather deeper feelings.

I thought this living on the surface thing was an ENFJ trait. Not that I'm prone to categorize specific behaviors, but I liked thinking that it wasn't just a "me" thing. Anyone out there got any clarity? =)

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Hey guys =)

So I've recently been told that I may be stuck in an Fe-Ne Loop. I've looked for information about an ENFJ being stuck in said loop, but haven't found much. I thought to myself, "Why not ask the ENFJ forum? Those guys are awesome, maybe they can shed some light on my not-so-bright questions."

Per my understanding, it has something to do with feeling insecure when faced with wanting to express honest feelings because you view them as a burden on those who listen. Er, not honest feelings, but rather deeper feelings.

I thought this living on the surface thing was an ENFJ trait. Not that I'm prone to categorize specific behaviors, but I liked thinking that it wasn't just a "me" thing. Anyone out there got any clarity? =)
ENFJs have an Fe-Se loop, not an Fe-Ne loop (that's ESFJ and ENTP)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know, that's why I can't find anything on it. I'm thinking he was mistaken. Is it possible for an ENFJ to have an Fe-Ne loop?If my Ne is more developed than my Ni?

·
Registered
17,829 Posts
I know, that's why I can't find anything on it. I'm thinking he was mistaken. Is it possible for an ENFJ to have an Fe-Ne loop?If my Ne is more developed than my Ni?
Nope .. Fe-Ne loop is for ESFJ's and ENTP's ... The only way your Ne can be more developed than your Ni is if your function order is FeSiNeTi [ESFJ] as opposed to FeNiSeTi [ENFJ]. Extroverted intuition and introverted intuition can both be mixed up because they're both forward-thinking. However, Ni is focused inward and then moves outward - Se takes in information from the environment and Ni stores it sporadically and builds up over time for deeper insight and revelations, whereas Ne takes a vast amount of external possibilities before using Fi or Ti to throw out the useless bits.

I was stuck in an Fe-Ne loop [leading with Fe] and as such typing as an ENFJ - and even doing a good job of believing and passing off as one for the longest time before recently breaking out of it and smacking all that Fe back into its rightful position.

It was really quite entertaining. You can read all about it in my blog linked in my signature :p

Anyways, Here's my guide to the Fe-Se loop [probably the only one you'll find on the internetz]:

http://personalitycafe.com/enfj-forum-givers/71032-enfj-guide-fe-se-loop.html

You might find something better - but this was based on some careful study and analysis of other ENFJ's and their behaviour.

That said, there are some Enneagram-isque under-tones in there.

Here's another article you might want to study in-depth which may shed some more light on the strengths and weaknesses of various ENFJ functions and development stages:

Personality Junkie | ENFJ Type Profile

·
Registered
129 Posts
no, i slip into Ne mode at times and im an enfj

yeah i feel the same way, generally i don;t tell people how i feel though.

dun worry, we're a very odd group of people, full o fcontradictions, misunderstood and incapable of understanding ourselves. we don't follow the rules of cognitive functions entirely

1 - 7 of 7 Posts