Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it hard to find non enneatype TWOs dominant Fe users (ESFJ and ENFJ)?
I mean almost every EXFJs that I know about are core TWOs in the enneagram or has it as a wing or a fix in their tritype. I saw one ESFJ identifying with EIGHT, but I don't know her tritype though.

It's very hard to not have a TWO energy with those two types imo.

The same could also be said for FIVEs with dominant Ti users (ISTP and INTP).

I'd like to know your opinion about this :)

Reactions: counterintuitive

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Not really in the sense that all Fe doms are (supposed to be) 2s and that Ti doms are (supposed to be) 5s (My dad being a Ti dom and an eight). It's difficult to be a different type than default Enneagram of your type, but with the human mind, nothing is out of realm for Enneagram. Everyone has their presence in every type, but have strong tendencies toward others, whether naturally or nurturely. The correlations between your dominant function(s) and Enneagram now I futher think about the question, are more like a comfort zone for your dom function, but not the birth place necessarily. 5 is my comfort zone, but it isn't my birthplace (being around 7s, 8s, 9s, and 6s in my childhood, I can say that 5 wasn't there from the beginning). It's probably similar to your Fi dominance and the 4 comfort zone, being that you (likely) didn't have 4 in your birth place. My point is that you aren't intrinsically exclusive to your comfort since you weren't born with it and hence you can change it. It would be hard, but like I said with the human mind, nothing is out of realm for Enneagram. Enneagram is more behavioristic than cognitive (or metaphysical if you are somehow skeptical/don't believe it), thus more fluid because behaviors concerns itself externally and not set rigidly.

Reactions: Karkino

·
Registered
I demand the return of the crazy face! :crazy:
2,072 Posts
This is an accurate observation that I've come across too. This is why it's important to separate typical type-like behavior from core motivations and fears for each type.

Ti-doms will generally have 5ish behaviors and Fe-doms 2ish. Another common example is Pe (Se or Ne) doms and 7ish behaviors. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they have the core motivations and fears of those types.

When I first looked into cognitive functions, I mistyped as a Ti-dom, then also mistyped as a 5 because I had stereotypically 5ish behaviors. I retyped to Ti-aux a few years later, and only then did I reconsider my Enneagram type too, and I retyped as a 7. Even now, as an extravert and a 7, I have a LOT of 5ish behaviors due to still having Ti as a strong function. When I sometimes take online Enneagram tests for fun, I score highest on 5, 7, and 1. Only 7 (core) and 1 (strong fix) are my actual types. It's easy to mistake that behavioral stuff for core motivations.

·
Registered
15,048 Posts
It is true that descriptions of both Fe + Type 2 and Ti + Type 5 do have a lot of similar behaviors. However, I don't think it is very hard to find Fe-doms who aren't 2 cores and Ti-doms who aren't 5 cores, while these seem to be the most common correlations.

Going off of what @counterintuitive said, I think it's also a possibility that some of these people are mistyping as their enneagram type due to stereotypes. For instance, I did think that I was a 5 core a couple of years ago since I am private, analytical, and value competence and learning. Now I perceive myself as type 6 but I find it hard to see myself in a lot of the online articles about it; while I relate to the core fears and motivations to a deep extent in my own way, I am not a stereotypical "loyalist" at all.

I can't really speak for Fe and Type 2 personally because I don't have much of either. But I'm pretty sure I've seen Fe-doms of other enneatypes. (Type 1 and Type 3 ExFJs are pretty common IMO, but I don't have stats to prove it.) In addition, I've communicated with a lot of Type 9 IxTPs and I don't think they're mistyped.

·
Registered
581 Posts
While I believe that there can very well be a correlation between dominant Fe and enneatype Two, I do know one ESFJ who doesn't really have much Two energy. She's a highly phobic Six, but still manages to be super bubbly, friendly and social. It's a weird combination of everything being a problem and her looking like she loves every minute of it.

The Two is probably in the tritype, but it doesn't come across as being very strong. She can help you if you happen to need the exact type of help that she's in the mood to provide, but she doesn't look like she gets pleasure out of being helpful in itself - on the contrary, she's very territorial and gets angry very easily if she's asked to do anything that she doesn't see as her responsibility. It's much easier to see the One in the tritype: when she wants to do something, she doesn't spare any effort ensuring that it'll come out perfect. I heard her describe the process she has to fix her hair, and it was mind-boggling.

As an INTP Five myself, I think that the Ti goes so naturally with the Five-ness that if it wasn't for the influence of the tritype, I'd be a complete caricature.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's not hard IMO. In a case of uncommon pairing, MBTI describes their communication style but enneagram tells you their objective. Someone could very well be bubbly and friendly but at the end of the day, you'll see if he wants to be admired, to be loved, to have alliance or any other objective. I know a possibly ISFJ sp 2 who doesn't resemble type 2 traits but it's very obvious when she updated one status on whatsapp about happy being appreciated, needed by people and having title given by people around. Its very different than say ISFJ sp 6 who sticks around family, would do anything it takes to protect and stay with them (even the foolish one, yes) just to make her feel safe for having alliance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts