1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
869 Posts
I believe everyone experiences a "fear of success" many times through out their lives. I experienced my fear of success when I left my current job to start up my Money Management, Registered Investment Adviser firm. I feared losing a "stable" job, questioned myself many times as I had turned down several very high paying jobs in order to pursue that opportunity.

What helped me was playing out the "worst" case scenario in my head of what could happen. Once I acknowledged that possibility, all other outcomes were not that bad after all. After moving forward I now love my job, I am earning spectacular returns for my clients, and have never been happier.

In my opinion, the greatest risk in life is not taking any risks.

Best of luck conquering your fears Revenant, don't let your fears get in the way of your success.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe everyone experiences a "fear of success" many times through out their lives. I experienced my fear of success when I left my current job to start up my Money Management, Registered Investment Adviser firm. I feared losing a "stable" job, questioned myself many times as I had turned down several very high paying jobs in order to pursue that opportunity.

What helped me was playing out the "worst" case scenario in my head of what could happen. Once I acknowledged that possibility, all other outcomes were not that bad after all. After moving forward I now love my job, I am earning spectacular returns for my clients, and have never been happier.

In my opinion, the greatest risk in life is not taking any risks.

Best of luck conquering your fears Revenant, don't let your fears get in the way of your success.
Thanks for the insight. Honestly after doing more research, I don't feel I have a "fear of success." But I do fear instability as you've alluded to, and have a few other obstacles I need to get over.

Really funny gif in your signature by the by (mother cat helping kittens up the slide). Made me lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.