Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings PerC Citizens,

Our February member of the month is a cool mom coming from the land of sheeps!

kiwigrl, a regular and one of the most active users in the community
, is our very first ENFJ MOTM. When interacting in the forums, she visualizes a cool level of maturity and playfulness, that of which only few people can master. She loves sharing her tremendous amount of knowledge and life experiences with the community -tons of information that can be applied offline. So for her dedication to connect and help people, she was nominated to be the February Member of the Month.

Here now is an interview with kiwigrl....

==================================================

kiwigrl

Motto: "Be reasonable, see it my way.
Don't let the sun go down on your anger.... If it's to be it's up to me."

What is your real name?
Christine

How old are you?
hmm, 37. But I don't really relate to that age at all. I see myself physically and mentally more like a 30 year old at the oldest.

Which country are you situated in?
New Zealand

How would you describe yourself in one word?
joyful

Single, Dating, Married, or all three?
Married

Oh, Any kids?
Yes, two boys.

Why did you choose "kiwigrl" as your username?
Kiwi is a nickname for someone who was born in New Zealand, which I was. (Note to Americans: it has nothing at all to do with the fruit you call kiwis... we call it kiwifruit here).

How did you find Personality Cafe?
I googled MBTI or ENFJ I think.

What made you join us?
A desire to know more about the people I know and connect with them better where possible. I also wanted to learn more about why I process things the way I do.

How did you get involved with Personality Typing?
I was sent a FB quiz about it lol.

What is your Myers Briggs Personality Type?
ENFJ (why do I always feel tempted to say E n F'n J like Guns n Roses say G n F'n R on their Tshirts?)

So what's it like being an ENFJ?
It can be alot of fun. Empathy and compassion comes easily. The flipside though is that I am too sensitive about criticism and take things so personally, kind of wish I could harden up a bit.

Do you prefer to associate yourself with certain MB types? If so which?
I'm pretty inclusive. I don't mind as long as the person is not mean or rude to me and they are interested in contributing to the conversation so that I can get to know the real them. I tend to have alot of ISxJs for friends, not that I intentionally seek them out, rather they just like hanging out with me. My best friend/husband is ISFJ and my 2 closest friends are ESFP and ENFP.

Do you use "Personality Typing" in the real world?
I'm still mastering that but I certainly like to identify people's types when I can or when they agree to test.

What is your Enneagram Type?
I initially thought I was Type 2w1 ...but recently I got equally type 2 and 1.

Which personality theory do you find most helpful and accurate?
MBTI and also the 4 temperments. That is Sanguine, Melancholic, Phlegmatic and Choleric. I'm a Sanguine Melancholic btw.

Do you think the different personality theories give an accurate description of you?

I don't imagine that any of us are text book examples of our types. For the most part I am indeed ENFJ, but for one thing I am not as organised as I think a J should be. Neither do I have a desire to stand in front of a bunch of kids and teach as suggested for an ENFJ career.

Has personality typing helped you in any way?
Yes. One thing is that I used to think that people did things just to annoy me/ be awkward, but now I can see that they just process information and communicate it in a different way to me. I also used to think that introvert meant you were quiet/shy.

So what do you believe is your greatest accomplishment at this point?
My children. I feel I was born to be a mother and they fill me with such pride.

What is your greatest weakness?
I'm too sensitive sometimes, I am impulsive, and I get sidetracked and sometimes take a while to finish something.

What is your greatest strength?
I am very empathetic and full of compassion. I also know how to get people excited about an event and amp up the atmosphere at the event. I guess you could say that I generate alot of energy.

What is your greatest fear?
Losing a loved one (I faced it last year and I'm still here)

What motivates you?
Love (now I'm sounding like a tree hugging hippie lol).
God - my faith. It's about a relationship between me and my creator, like any relationship I don't know everything that he thinks but I talk to him all the time and I know that he loves me because there are so many things he has done for me.

What is your philosophy?
Eat, pray, love! I stole it from that movie but I like it. I love cooking for people, I love eating good food, I love praying, and I love to love people.
I like to maintain a positive outlook as much as I can too. I don't like to dwell on the negatives. Alot of things I worry about are out of my control anyway so I might as well get on with life and squeeze as much fun out of it while I'm at it.

What are you passionate about?
God, people (helping/encouraging them), family. I also love the space/ solitude I get from running, which is my thinking & analysing time, no interruptions.

A dream job for me would be to do what Trinny and Suzannah do for a living and teach people how to make the most of their appearance. That is something I think about alot. I have done a bit of this with acquaintances already.
I'd also like to try makeup artistry, get involved in people's special events like weddings and balls etc.

Past Jobs/Current?
I have been a retail jeweller, and done various office jobs. Currently I am a accounts clerk.

What are your pet peeves?
When people are two-faced, self centred, hateful or argumentative. I hate driving next to a big truck on the motorway, it makes me feel closed in, almost claustrophobic. There are more but I just can't think of them right now.

Any phobias?
cockroaches, although I no longer scream and twist my ankle trying to get away from them lol. I can not pick them up though like my husband does. NZ is rather sheltered; we don't have snakes or crocodiles or anything here.

Who do you look up to if any?
Not a specific person but I look up to people who are motivated, humble, thoughtful, good public speakers, patient.

What is your favorite place to travel to?
Well I am dying to visit Italy! I also want to see more of America (the country which dominates our screens lol). My most frequented destination is Surfers Paradise in Australia because it has beaches, shopping and theme parks, plus it is very affordable for us... what more could my family need?

Do you have an evil monkey in your closet?

haha no

Your favorite favorite color and weather.
Blue (turquoise/sky blue) and summer

What are your favorites?
books:
Pride and Prejudice and anything by Jill Mansell or Julie Garwood
movies: 13 going on 30, As good as it gets, Shawshank Redemption, The Gladiator, Zoolander...
tv shows: Fringe, Mentalist, Chuck
food: Pizza, chocolate, roast lamb dinners, Gai Pad Med Mamuang (Thai stir fry), strawberries.
drink: Tea/ coffee, water, vodka, pinot gris, shiraz.

What can I find in your fridge?
Yoghurts, cheese, milk, bread, sauces and curry pastes.

Favorite animal?
Dolphin, I am dying to swim with one.

Any pets?
A Jack Russell Terrier with a heap of attitude and a very introverted tuxedo cat. I'm her staff not her mum and she will come and say hello to me if it suits her.

What type of music genre do you listen to?
All sorts. For relaxing I like classical, gospel or jazz. Other times I like Pop, rock, swing and RnB. I don't like rap all that much, nor heavy metal, nor country music.

Any favorite singers or band?
It's hard to narrow it down because I love music and singing along to it. Norah Jones, Jack Johnson, Talking heads, C3, Ronny Jordan, Sting, Miles Davis, Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra, Nina Simone....

Your favorite websites to visit?
PerC!

What do you do for fun and relaxation?
Running, staying at the beach, j
etskiing, bike rides with my kids, bbqs/drinks/parties with family or friends, I'm all about quality time and as my dad used to say "No matter the weather we're always together". It's about good company.

Tell us something about yourself that we don't already know.
I think I have probably spilt my guts about everything already lol.

What do you like most about PersonalityCafe?
Making new friends and being able to talk to people from other countries. I've always been fascinated by other cultures. I like variety.

What do you dislike most about PersonalityCafe?
Debates. Because I am not good at debating, I want to be involved but I get too emotional about things I am passionate about. Also I dislike anti-christianity threads, I feel like I'm being bullied if I post in them, yet I want people to see things my way.
:frustrating:

Has PerC taught you anything?
My opinion of youth has changed. I sometimes forget how young some members are with the clever things they come out with in some posts.

Do you have any advice for the community of PerC?
Something that I tend to do (because I want an explanation for everything) is to put people and things into boxes because it is tidier and easier for me to process. But my advice is not to expect this to be so. We are all very unique. Within our types we are not all identical. So just bear that in mind and allow yourself to be different from the rule or stereotype. And don't pretend to be a type which you are not. Be proud of the person that you are worts and all.

So what is next for you? What are your plans and goals for the future?
Well after 7 years of being a stay at home mum, I re-entered the workforce in Nov '10 which was a big step for me. My plan now is to master that job. I also want to delve into my artistic side more and take some painting workshops, be inspired. I want to be part of a short mission trip to Fiji too because amazing things (miracles) happen on them and I want to be part of it.

Give us your parting words.
I think I've said quite enough lol. I am happy to be part of this forum and I have met some lovely people on here. I love meeting people who are so different from me and seeing what makes them tick, so many fascinating and often quirky characters on here, I love it! Do you realise how many of you actually make me laugh just by being you and showing me all of your funny quirks? Be yourself, don't hold back nothing! I sure don't.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Yay! Congrats! You are such a beautiful representation of definitely my two favorite people in the world: ENFJs and Kiwis!!!!

Thank you for being here, this interview, and for being a voice of gentle reason at times.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Congratulations on being MOTM.You certainly are a very positive and inspiring individual.You have encouraged me more than you can imagine.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Congrats:happy:

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
Excellent interview! Congratulations on being member of the month!

PS
I hate cockroaches as well. I still scream, shriek, and could possibly twist my ankle - at least you learned to stop doing that :laughing:

PSS
You look stunning in your picture.

Reactions: kiwigrl

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
The first ENFJ!!!!! That's an achievement here! Congratulations Christine, and thanks for your presence here, it definately makes things more clear and calm! :)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Siouxsie will have to change her lyrics to "Christine, the kiwigirl"...

Okay, that was awful. But your interview was very nice!

/runs

4,757 Posts
congrats :happy:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Yay for an Fe user getting member of the month! Especially one who's married to an ISFJ. :wink:

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,065 Posts
Thank you all of you for your kind comments. xx :laughing:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Congratulations, girl!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status