Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read something once (written by an INTP, so it must be smart :wink:) that was saying it's good to intentionally engage your auxiliary function. Kind of like "feeding" that function. Example:

I'm an ISFP. My function stack is:
Fi
Se
Ni
Te

When I'm stressed out or overwhelmed I have a natural tendency to kinda stay in my Internal Feeling, and if I do that too long without balancing my life I get depressed and hopeless. When I make a point to feed my Extroverted Sensing by intentionally going out and experiencing things (going hiking, seeing nature, going swimming, eating good food, watching movies) I feel a million times better. It even feels like I'm giving my Ni and my Fi something to work with, in a way.

Most of the time, I do this naturally. My second function is crying out, saying "Pleeeeeaaase!!! Let's go have some adventure!!!!!" It drives me to feed it. When it's weak and dying, it sounds more like, "Food. Sleep. I beg you."

I'm wondering if any of you have any thoughts on this. And I'm curious about how this effects ALL the types, not just ISFPs. Like, do ENTPs feel like it helps to intentionally engage their Ti? Etc.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Fi - Mostly engaged anyway. I usually need a break from Fi to clear my head because it's normally a constant.

Se - I touch things a lot. Sensory pleasure is big for me. I really like going to craft shops and running my hands through all the materials. It's such a nice feeling and keeps me happy. I like looking at pretty things too. If there is nothing to do physically, I get very bored, apathetic, and tired.

Ni - The only intentional exercising of this is when I have conversation scenarios in my head. It's mostly unhealthy usage otherwise :s Also helps in design, to kind of look at different layouts.

Te - I do picross and sudoku puzzles. It helps me relax. The objectivity is very welcome in my otherwise ethics-filled head.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts