Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!
I used to be pretty certain I was a feeler before, but I've never quite felt like I related to the "sensitive" part. I'm compassionate and tactful, and I don't think I'm insensitive myself. I know sensitivity is heavily connected to Fi, and I would say if someone is a feeler, but not particularly sensitive, then they could be an Fe type. But the problem is I hate expressing emotions outwardly, and I find it to be extremely awkward. In every other way than the sensitivity, I relate more to Fi than to Fe. I also know this because I often get a long better with Fi-types than Fe-types. Can someone relate? I'm not sensitive, not insensitive. I don't get hurt easily at all.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,660 Posts
I think "sensitive" is a stereotype for Feelers. The labels "Feeling" and "Thinking" are lousy anyway. It's not that Feelers have any more emotions than anyone else. Humans have emotions. F/T is a judging function, so it is how we process what we perceive. A personality test/profile that diagnoses personality types by the stereotypical symptoms is not too accurate. Often a test might assume introverted and extraverted versions of a function act the same, but the user just likes to be around a lot of people or not.

I'm Fi dominant, and I can completely relate to what you say.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have a read of inferior Fe and see if it fits?

How Functions Work: Inferior Fe (ISTP/INTP) - Type Theory

I personally don't buy into Fe or Fi having anything to do with feelings or sensitivity.
Hmm, the only problem I have with the idea of having inferior Fe is that I don't think I'm insensitive to people. Unless I am, and COMPLETELY unaware of who I'm hurting, in which case inferior Fe doesn't sound so unlikely.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Hmm, the only problem I have with the idea of having inferior Fe is that I don't think I'm insensitive to people. Unless I am, and COMPLETELY unaware of who I'm hurting, in which case inferior Fe doesn't sound so unlikely.
Did you read what I posted?
Ti doms aren't about being insensitive or hurting people at all, that's not what inferior Fe is, only when unhealthy i.e severely stressed out Ti doms.

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,045 Posts
Ti doms aren't about being insensitive or hurting people at all, that's not what inferior Fe is, only when unhealthy i.e severely stressed out Ti doms.
What an irony, when this post by itself isn't very sensitive

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,045 Posts
What's wrong with it?
The phrase "Did you read what I posted?" is often perceived as being rude, due to it often being a phrase to start argument or rage. Not too good associations. You will need to talk very politely to not to appear like you are trying to start a fight. Then later you didn't add polite stuff, you was neutral and continued to explain the fact. This exactly is pretty 'cold', yet I understand you. Therefore your post wasn't very sensitive. I don't say it's bad, just a bit ironic.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
The phrase "Did you read what I posted?" is often perceived as being rude, due to it often being a phrase to start argument or rage. Not too good associations. You will need to talk very politely to not to appear like you are trying to start a fight. Then later you didn't add polite stuff, you was neutral and continued to explain the fact. This exactly is pretty 'cold', yet I understand you. Therefore your post wasn't very sensitive. I don't say it's bad, just a bit ironic.
I was just asking the guy a question haha.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
We're the same bro.

Probably it also comes with your past?

Because in my past i was trained to be hurted lol i got immuned with it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, I read it. It fits fairly well I'd say. Maintaining healthy relationships over a long time has been a difficulty for me, but isn't part of having inferior Fe not being able to read the emotional energy in the room?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Feeling is about preferring subject-oriented decision making and Thinking is about preferring object-oriented decision making. There is no requirement that Feelers be sensitive or that Thinkers be insensitive.

·
Banned
601 Posts
Feeling is about preferring subject-oriented decision making and Thinking is about preferring object-oriented decision making. There is no requirement that Feelers be sensitive or that Thinkers be insensitive.
Just would like to expand on that fact. Feelers are not the stereotypical "warm-and-fuzzy" types, they can be "cold" ones, such as Fi users. If I had to describe Fe users, they are mostly "warm" because they value harmony in a relationship, while Fi users are mostly "cold" because they stick to their morals/values and not much for inter-personal relationships.

Some definitions, that may help to identify yourself further. My apologies, if this is looked upon as "warped", but nonetheless they are analogies that make sense in my mind.

Intrapersonal: taking place or existing within the mind. One could make the argument that that is the definition of values/morals of Fi, is looked subjectively.

Interpersonal: relating to relationships or communication between people. One could also make the argument that is the definition of Fe, which is objective.

Reactions: PiT

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
Hi there!
I used to be pretty certain I was a feeler before, but I've never quite felt like I related to the "sensitive" part. I'm compassionate and tactful, and I don't think I'm insensitive myself. I know sensitivity is heavily connected to Fi, and I would say if someone is a feeler, but not particularly sensitive, then they could be an Fe type. But the problem is I hate expressing emotions outwardly, and I find it to be extremely awkward. In every other way than the sensitivity, I relate more to Fi than to Fe. I also know this because I often get a long better with Fi-types than Fe-types. Can someone relate? I'm not sensitive, not insensitive. I don't get hurt easily at all.

Yes, I read it. It fits fairly well I'd say. Maintaining healthy relationships over a long time has been a difficulty for me...
Where did you here Fe isn't sensitive? Fe can be just as sensitive/reactive as Fe and is more prone to displaying it outwards because it's extroverted. However, I am also a Fi user and I don't consider myself sensitive in the least, and have always questioned if I was a T type because I am very thick skinned. I'm also not relationship oriented, or so I've been told. Have you considered ESFP rather than ISFP? Fi doms are usually pretty sensitive because it leads with a feeling function, ESFP has higher Te which can add a more chill/thick skinned vibe.

Also Fi dom 9s are known to be a little less outwardly sensitive comparatively to type 4s, which are considered to be the more sensitive of the two common sub types which may solve your problem

·
Registered
740 Posts
while Fi users are mostly "cold" because they stick to their morals/values and not much for inter-personal relationships.
...except for all the ones who are. *groan*

introverted feeling really just tells you the where the starting point is, not the ending point. never personally met an fi dom/ aux who wasn't intensely invested in inter-personal relationships.

those definitions are a bit weird to me. i've never heard of 'intra-personal relationships'. relationships (between people anyway) are by nature inter-personal. i've heard of 'intra-personal communication' on the other hand, but i'm not sure how it applies here.

i don't see how the feeling functions can be logically divided into 'warm' or 'cold'. i've met some fe users who know exactly how to manipulate a 'cold' feeling into their social surroundings, it just depends on their mood and what they want to accomplish. :/ i've seen 'warm' and 'cold' on both sides, and i can't see it being the result of their feeling function.

anyway, how sensitive you are, i think, is just about what kind of things you can handle-- stimuli, emotions, whathaveyou-- which could be a natural tendency in you, or could be cultivated. i see no reason to conflate 'sensitivity' with the judging functions either. 'warm/ cold' or 'sensitive/ insensitive' are subjective perceptions of the person on the receiving end, and people can't always accurately evaluate your intentions or motivations.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where did you here Fe isn't sensitive? Fe can be just as sensitive/reactive as Fe and is more prone to displaying it outwards because it's extroverted. However, I am also a Fi user and I don't consider myself sensitive in the least, and have always questioned if I was a T type because I am very thick skinned. I'm also not relationship oriented, or so I've been told. Have you considered ESFP rather than ISFP? Fi doms are usually pretty sensitive because it leads with a feeling function, ESFP has higher Te which can add a more chill/thick skinned vibe.

Also Fi dom 9s are known to be a little less outwardly sensitive comparatively to type 4s, which are considered to be the more sensitive of the two common sub types which may solve your problem
Really, the only reason I've put myself as an ISFP rather than ESFP is because I think I'm more "intuitive" than the average ESFP. I have considered ENFP, but I'm very into Se-things too, like sports, aesthetics etc. in which I know multiple ENFPs who doesn't care for it at all.

I agree with you that Fe is more likely to be sensitive outwardly. I have had multiple relationships with Fe-doms who have snapped at me before because I was being "rude" or something to them, which I never seem to get, to be honest. But, yes I think it's more likely to have Fi-aux, as I'm not particularly sensitive. I think it confuses me because I do not possess Fe, as I often mistake the emotional "vibe" because I focus on my own emotions (Fi).

By the way, should probably move this to the "What's my type" thread.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I have considered ENFP, but I'm very into Se-things too, like sports, aesthetics etc. in which I know multiple ENFPs who doesn't care for it at all.
i know it's beside the point, but that's not really a reason to exclude enfp from the equation. plenty of enfps are into sports and aesthetics. heck, i love bicycling and would love to be a skateboarder, as well as taking interest in many things sp types like.

just goes to show you there are some things that just don't qualify as type-specific traits. sports can be enjoyed by any type at all, and any type can be sensitive or insensitive, or just neutral-sensitivity. it's better to figure out your f trait by the rest of its characteristics instead, usually involving values and your go-to method of making decisions. also figure out which thinking function you use, how and when you use it, and maybe even compare it to how you made decisions as a child/ teenager before your tertiary could be developed, so you can figure out which one you rely most/ first on.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts