Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My feelings are all over the place... Why does this always happen to me in the summer - I hate it! I have just come home from a nice holiday abroad with a girlfriend and now these last few days I have been feeling miserable. I don´t want to go out and meet people because I feel low. I don´t like spending time alone in my apartment because I make myself feel even worse thinking about things and being overly self-critical and emotional. Ah, I hate that I can´t just figure out what I wan´t to do AND GO DO IT!

My parents have asked me to come visit this weekend, my brother texted me a nice message today which I appreciated, a work collegue and friend send me some nice messages, friends keep in touch and still I feel lonely and miserable. I have been crying every day now since Sunday. I feel pathetic and lonely and like my whole life is going to be like this. Every summer I feel pressure to be social and happy and busy and I am not.

My biggest fear is that I am never going to meet someone that wants to be my partner and that will accept me for being so emotional and introverted... I am in my thirties and I am always single and the summertime is the worst... How do I snap out of it?

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
My feelings are all over the place... Why does this always happen to me in the summer - I hate it! I have just come home from a nice holiday abroad with a girlfriend and now these last few days I have been feeling miserable. I don´t want to go out and meet people because I feel low. I don´t like spending time alone in my apartment because I make myself feel even worse thinking about things and being overly self-critical and emotional. Ah, I hate that I can´t just figure out what I wan´t to do AND GO DO IT!

My parents have asked me to come visit this weekend, my brother texted me a nice message today which I appreciated, a work collegue and friend send me some nice messages, friends keep in touch and still I feel lonely and miserable. I have been crying every day now since Sunday. I feel pathetic and lonely and like my whole life is going to be like this. Every summer I feel pressure to be social and happy and busy and I am not.

My biggest fear is that I am never going to meet someone that wants to be my partner and that will accept me for being so emotional and introverted... I am in my thirties and I am always single and the summertime is the worst... How do I snap out of it?
Indeed i've always found summer i worse for me. when it's winter ican actually "feel"something that is the biting cold and it is an exellent distraction, but the summer heat feels knida similar to the problems in my head, slowily eating away at me, then there the expectation to go and do things with people. and all the good looking people in their summer clothes..just remind me that i'm basically alone

·
Registered
394 Posts
Summer can be hard, especially since it's a time when others often are off doing fun looking couple type activities.

I keep myself super busy. I'm turning 30 in a month, and I am single. But I've come to the realization that value isn't something someone else gives me, it's what I give myself.

I go on dates, on the rare occassion, I'm trying to be active, going for bike rides, etc.

I'm involved in loads of activities that I enjoy, that I can pour my passion for living into. You don't need to pour all of your passion into someone else.

I know where you're at though, I've felt depressed like that before. You feel like you're late, like you're not worthy of love, that no one could ever love you. And your letting your loneliness feed those feelings. But the truth is really quite the opposite really. You are loveable, you are worthy of love, and you have people that love you.

So don't be afraid to love yourself. To really love yourself. I mean you're your own best lover!

From the sounds of it, there are people rooting for you out there, and there are some rooting here too, so take comfort in that.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
i empathize with you as I am in a similar situation. you just have to live. period. don't worry about finding someone. worrying cannot solve anything. just live. experience new things, new feelings. suddenly, you will find yourself thanking yourself for believing in yourself.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was feeling exactly like that this morning in fact... then I had some espresso.. a double shot... now I'm happy.. hopefully I'm not bipolar :/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts