Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm thrilled to be a new member of this community, and I hope everyone is doing fine and if not, they can find an always welcoming help from someone. :happy:
I'm sorry to already start with the bad news, but that's not unusual in my case lately. :rolleyes:

Well, as the title suggests, I seemed to got into a bit of a personal problem. In a way, I feel like going from day by day is more of a struggle, than anything else. I feel it might've been caused by.. three certain types of rejections happening one after another in such a short time.
First one was a relationship based of rejection. Took me weeks to get over with it, but after that, I've started feeling better, but I still feel a bit.. scarred of it.
The second type was rejection caused by failing an important exam. Been a limbo period until I retook it two months after that, and things started to become better again.
But I think this one took its toll. This third one was the most.. sudden one. I've been most certain that I would be joining the university of my 'dream', but I've been rejected because I didn't had a certain required grade. So it means I have to stay off one year before I can take the admission exam.

It may not look so much of a big deal, but for me it kind of is. These kind of rejections just affects me way too much. I've been comforted by my friends, felt like I can fix the things that I ruined before, but I guess I have difficulty hoping and 'dreaming' for the moment.

I feel like I got every help I can get to just move on, and enjoy the things how they turned right now, but it just doesn't feels right.. I am unsure if I am missing anything, if I need to take care of something else to deal with it. I'll try to explain more of my situation if more detail is needed.

I'm grateful for asking for some help and support from this amazing community, and I can't wait to get back in my more cheerful state and be more of a companion, than a burden (or a self-burden) :happy:

·
Registered
472 Posts
I think to feel better in general, you need to start by feeling good about things. You might get a temporary good feeling by sensational experiences (Se) such as painting in sunshine, looking at a sunrise in the cold, going on a rollercoaster, rock-climbing, etc. Use this feeling to get yourself feeling more positive about the day-to-day stuff. Most importantly, set yourself goals that you'll want to work towards, like doing a big painting or being able to run a certain distance or something.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I feel more or less the same. I wonder sometimes about whether or not I'm still depressed. I find that I feel like shit when im not being productive. I don't think that I am running away from my problems because I continue to do things that I am not always comfortable doing such as socializing.

With that said, I have a hard time prejudging others,meaning I am pretty critical of strangers. I don't mean to sob in your thread but I figured you may dwell on the same things as I do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started to feel a better since my first post. I've been just stressed out by a few things, mostly involving finding a job, which.. it's somewhat of a forced approach, but it's also necessary. Also, I have a tendency to blame myself for something that I might not always had control on, and.. in some way I feel like I did it, and I have to 'pay' for it, and I wouldn't forgive myself for it.. it may sound I'm redeeming myself, but.. instead, I'm more harming myself with it.

chickpeeax,
you're right, I'm not much of an outgoer, and I miss the beauty of the nature every day, which is a shame to be avoided. And yes, I usually have a certain trouble setting up a goal. Either they are too distant, and it will never work out that way, or if it's too much of a close plan, then it tends to change mostly after my mood.

yallredyno
, sometimes it feels like it's a lifetime ordeal, but it may be just a temporary feeling or state. And in everyone's case, it's understandable when someone 'ceases' after they experience a series of bad situations and then it's hard to get used to when a better situation comes up. However, as chickpeeax suggested, it's advised to start feeling good about things, even if in our case, it might be a struggle on its own, but it's also worthwhile. Definitely a push for a better state, but some things are sometimes harder to achieve than for others, so you may have to find something that you enjoy doing and makes you feel better about yourself.

Also.. I think I'm in a way feeling incomplete.. like there are things I can do and feel good about is only possible, when I'm constantly sharing it with someone. It's more like it's hardwired into me the entire time. I am not sure if it's good, or bad, if it can be changed, or.. has to stay that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts