Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm around others socially, whether it's family or friends, I can find myself encountering sudden bouts of feeling completely exhausted. In the past I'd experience this plus nausea more specifically - at a particular time every day, around particular people, now it's not nearly so frequent, maybe 2/3 times I'm being social and there's no nausea, but it's more general. I used to put down feeling slowly more and more tired around people to introversion, but this is much more strong a feeling - like I actually want to sleep from tiredness. I don't really get this in my job - working on a till in a big store. Just around people I know personally. I'm also a conspicuously sleepy drunk, but I don't know that that's relevant.
Maybe it's just a bit more generic stress than usual - I'm at uni. Just wondering if anyone has had similar experience/advice.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
maybe it's because when you're around people you know, you have to actually engage with them, therefore it drains you faster than when you work on a till?

Reactions: Stephen

·
PerC's 6w6
5,874 Posts
Not to mention the pressure of keeping up with social niceties and so on, which may be more exacerbated than usual.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts