Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I just cried my eyes out. My INFP husband was talking about all these things I told him I was when we first got married - organized, clean, tidy, community-minded, active. This lead to larger apparition for me- I am not any of these things.
Lately I’ve been feeling so down and depressed. Since the start of the pandemic, I lost all my social outlets. Being new to the city I live in (almost 2 years), my only social outlets were work and gym. My gym is closed permanently. I was taking group classes there and now they and many other places aren’t offering group classes. I work at a college, and now we are all mandated to work from home. Outside of these two places, I don’t socialize much. Also, I haven’t been able to move these relationships outside those spaces. For example, I’ve got only 1 close coworker who I interact with outside of work and no one from the gym. Ordinarily exercise has been a great stress reliever, but now I feel too tired to even use the equipment I have at home. I am waiting for my former trainer to open his facility up (just feel the need to be loyal), but that isn’t anytime soon.
After work I have little to no energy to be with people or do anything for myself. To top it off I have no family in the city I live in. I feel incredibly lonely and at times, just isolated. I can’t even get myself to do simple things like cook a meal (I just eat out) and mostly watch TV. I don’t feel any happiness beyond finishing my Masters. My workplace didn’t even bother to get me a card and congratulate me. My celebration with my husband was small, with just his two friends. He got me a bunch of flowers which was nice.
Any suggestions to help me feel better? Increase my energy?

Reactions: HGy

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I was in a similar situation for 2 months with limited social interaction and no gym (my 2 favorite things). Things are still weird and not the quite same as far as work routine, gym stuff and social interactions are limited.

This is what helped me and I know it will help you.

1. First things first, reason with yourself to realize this is only temporary. I'm not talking about the covid situation or any situation--I am talking about how you feel and your state of mind. Set your mind on the fact that you WILL come out of this funk.

2. If you believe in God then this will help you, but if not....it may still help you!

You can do ALL things through Jesus Christ who strengthens you. Not some things, all things.

The joy of the Lord is your strength.

Pray and ask God for help and he will help you, I guarantee you!

3. Limit the tv and mindless consumption of entertainment, this is FUELING your depression and making you unproductive! It tricks your mind into experiencing activity without you actually DOING any activity. This requires some self will but you can do it.

4. Focus on completing small tasks around the house that engage your body. The action of physically accomplishing a small task is a reward to your brain.

5. Go on a really hard hike somewhere beautiful and either go alone or take someone with you. Go somewhere beautiful and inspiring.

6. Read a book and watch a good historical documentary before bed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last night I just cried my eyes out. My INFP husband was talking about all these things I told him I was when we first got married - organized, clean, tidy, community-minded, active. This lead to larger apparition for me- I am not any of these things.
Lately I’ve been feeling so down and depressed. Since the start of the pandemic, I lost all my social outlets. Being new to the city I live in (almost 2 years), my only social outlets were work and gym. My gym is closed permanently. I was taking group classes there and now they and many other places aren’t offering group classes. I work at a college, and now we are all mandated to work from home. Outside of these two places, I don’t socialize much. Also, I haven’t been able to move these relationships outside those spaces. For example, my page, I’ve got only 1 close coworker who I interact with outside of work and no one from the gym. Ordinarily exercise has been a great stress reliever, but now I feel too tired to even use the equipment I have at home. I am waiting for my former trainer to open his facility up (just feel the need to be loyal), but that isn’t anytime soon.
After work I have little to no energy to be with people or do anything for myself. To top it off I have no family in the city I live in. I feel incredibly lonely and at times, just isolated. I can’t even get myself to do simple things like cook a meal (I just eat out) and mostly watch TV. I don’t feel any happiness beyond finishing my Masters. My workplace didn’t even bother to get me a card and congratulate me. My celebration with my husband was small, with just his two friends. He got me a bunch of flowers which was nice.
Any suggestions to help me feel better? Increase my energy?
It seems like you have been here for a really long time. Have you tried starting a thread to meet some people you usually talk to here in real life. Maybe someone will live close to your at least in your town

1 - 3 of 3 Posts