Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I play soccer and I am not exactly the star player. In fact, I'm a defender but mostly a benchwarmer so I kind of am ridiculed by my teammates sometimes. I've had this weird feeling lately, where I am really nervous in social situations with my team. I can't talk to anyone on my team without feeling inferior. Everything I say, seems awkward and a lot of people on my team make me feel worthless/stupid. This only happens with my soccer team though. Not most people. I'm not depressed but I can get in bad depressed modes. Did all you ENFP teens feel this way at one point? What did you do? Did it stop? :blushed:

EDIT: I am not trying to gain any empathy or whatever I just need help!

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Okay so I play soccer and I am not exactly the star player. In fact, I'm a defender but mostly a benchwarmer so I kind of am ridiculed by my teammates sometimes. I've had this weird feeling lately, where I am really nervous in social situations with my team. I can't talk to anyone on my team without feeling inferior. Everything I say, seems awkward and a lot of people on my team make me feel worthless/stupid. This only happens with my soccer team though. Not most people. I'm not depressed but I can get in bad depressed modes. Did all you ENFP teens feel this way at one point? What did you do? Did it stop? :blushed:

- I just told myself "I love myself dammit!" and eventually I started feeling better
- your teammates are douche bags, you should ditch them

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
i used to feel the same sometimes at 14. don't even worry about it- you'll fit in some places and find yourself in other places which make you feel negatively. just remember that you shouldn't EEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR base your worth based on what one person/group/organisation/school thinks about you. there are always plenty of places where you'll find people who make you feel awesome, even if you aren't finding them right now- and as an ENFP you'll find social situations easier and easier the older you get. if there's one thing i learnt as a teenager it's that there is a "best side" to everyone and a "worst side", and never when you are feeling your "worst side" should you forget that your "best side" is yet to come. and oh boy- it is AWESOME.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
- I just told myself "I love myself dammit!" and eventually I started feeling better
- your teammates are douche bags, you should ditch them
Hahahaha thanks for the tip! :D And well yeah they're all really popular and rude. I've been told "You really are the only nice soccer girl, aren't you?" But I can't ditch cause it's midseason and my parents already paid for it. But next year I'm not doing soccer again.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used to feel the same sometimes at 14. don't even worry about it- you'll fit in some places and find yourself in other places which make you feel negatively. just remember that you shouldn't EEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR base your worth based on what one person/group/organisation/school thinks about you. there are always plenty of places where you'll find people who make you feel awesome, even if you aren't finding them right now- and as an ENFP you'll find social situations easier and easier the older you get. if there's one thing i learnt as a teenager it's that there is a "best side" to everyone and a "worst side", and never when you are feeling your "worst side" should you forget that your "best side" is yet to come. and oh boy- it is AWESOME.
Aww. Thanks! :) That really cheered me uppp :)

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
Hahahaha thanks for the tip! :D And well yeah they're all really popular and rude. I've been told "You really are the only nice soccer girl, aren't you?" But I can't ditch cause it's midseason and my parents already paid for it. But next year I'm not doing soccer again.
-cyber hugs- ^_^

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Unbelievably, there are/will be groups that are not charmed by our incredible brightness and wit (shocking, I know). Life will continue to throw us into groups that simply do not warm to us. I have learned to cut and run from those situations. For every group that makes me feel uncomfortable, there are typically three others that do not, and often one that makes me feel fantastic. Live, learn, and move on.

On another note, I HAVE seen cases where the person stayed the course and wore the "mean people" down, eventually getting "in". I've seldom wanted to become part of such a group, but know it can be done. You know, persistence and all of that. I am somewhat persuing that path right now. It turns out that the group is not necessarily cliquish (seems that way though) but the members have known each other a very long time and are somewhat shy. I just keep glomming on, tagging along, making headway gradually.

I have to keep in mind that many quiet or seemingly mean people are actually insecure and will eventually warm to sincere kindess, once they perceive it to be true.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
You shouldn't feel inferior; just cut and dry. Why should you let people who are obviously so immature and have nothing better to do than pick on you for no reason rule how you feel about yourself? You shouldn't really have to talk to them if they are around... bring a book and let them tease. I've learned at your age most kids (at least kids who act like THAT) will just laugh if you say 'I don't appreciate it' and continue to harass you. Either make them look the fools or completely leave them alone.

I had some of the same issues and never figured out why many kids teased me so significantly. I'm still dealing with repercussions from not ignoring that today. Obviously now I realize they have significant immaturity and I'm a fool for letting them rule my feelings for so long. I don't even CARE what they think now!!

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts

I played soccer, too. I find it odd that your keeper doesn't encourage you when you're on the field o.0 That's a huge part of what made my team so successful. The keeper has a lot of energy, and she should be vocalizing encouragement to her team mates who are doing all the running around. If your team mates aren't encouraging your growth then screw them. You don't need to take that. As a keeper who was being recruited at age fourteen, I want you to know that there are good teams that you can grow with who won't treat you so poorly. As far as feeling inferior goes... I do have one favorite quote. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Have confidence in yourself. Take that determination you have to increase your skill level and let that motivate you. You can be the best, but you have to believe it. Believe it and work to achieve it, baby :) Fuck what everybody else says.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I played soccer, too. I find it odd that your keeper doesn't encourage you when you're on the field o.0 That's a huge part of what made my team so successful. The keeper has a lot of energy, and she should be vocalizing encouragement to her team mates who are doing all the running around. If your team mates aren't encouraging your growth then screw them. You don't need to take that. As a keeper who was being recruited at age fourteen, I want you to know that there are good teams that you can grow with who won't treat you so poorly. As far as feeling inferior goes... I do have one favorite quote. "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." Have confidence in yourself. Take that determination you have to increase your skill level and let that motivate you. You can be the best, but you have to believe it. Believe it and work to achieve it, baby :) Fuck what everybody else says.
Haha thanks Ace! And I had a tourney today. Our team did pretty bad, but I was more confidant. Thanks you! :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
If you love soccer, don't give it up! I'm sorry that your teammates are being so rude, I've had times like that, too. If it's making you feel this bad, you should speak up and never let someone disrespect you. Just tell them calmly and seriously that they're being very rude and that teammates are supposed to encourage each other!
lol sorry @Ace Face seems to be a much better motivational speaker than me.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
If you love soccer, don't give it up! I'm sorry that your teammates are being so rude, I've had times like that, too. If it's making you feel this bad, you should speak up and never let someone disrespect you. Just tell them calmly and seriously that they're being very rude and that teammates are supposed to encourage each other!
lol sorry @Ace Face seems to be a much better motivational speaker than me.
Hey, you made a good point that I didn't make, lol :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
You told her how to appropriately confront them while I just said, "fuck them." xD
I sense a lot of "no you did better, no YOU!" coming on XD
I've found that people who are asking advice are really looking for people to listen and boost up their spirits. I can give good solid advice but people won't take it because they either hate confrontation (if this is people-related) or they really want to arrive at their own answer. It's a great skill to boost someone up :) I can do that depending on what frame of mind I'm in--currently I'm jumping rapidly between two.

this is really off-topic, but I'm sorry you're feeling zombie-ish--I hope you get more energized XD

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I sense a lot of "no you did better, no YOU!" coming on XD
I've found that people who are asking advice are really looking for people to listen and boost up their spirits. I can give good solid advice but people won't take it because they either hate confrontation (if this is people-related) or they really want to arrive at their own answer. It's a great skill to boost someone up :) I can do that depending on what frame of mind I'm in--currently I'm jumping rapidly between two.

this is really off-topic, but I'm sorry you're feeling zombie-ish--I hope you get more energized XD
You both cheered me up! There. Kapeesh O__o lol

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And @Ace Face you're only 14 too? I just read that part of the post... but omg u look and sound older! Well if that is u in ur profile pic anyway hahaa :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts