Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

My name is Stephanie and I am 21 in a few days. I've been on Personality Cafe for around six months or so and I used to really love it here. Lately though I've been feeling really left out. I don't always feel like an ENFP because the positive characteristics only apply to me when I am in a really good mood or am out with my friends because I have bipolar disorder and the rest of the time I feel lonely, paranoid, uninspired and bored. Basically I feel like a loser.

I come on these boards and no-one replies to what I say anymore. It makes me feel worthless and makes me wonder even more, am I really an ENFP? I can't relate to most of the posts on here because most of the time I feel flattened by my emotions and not that outgoing.

When I submit threads on here I sometimes wonder if people just roll their eyes and go ''Oh its her again. Great.'' I don't really know how to connect with the community. Maybe I'm too different with my values and beliefs or my depression makes me a burden to be around. Or maybe my posts/threads are just too selfish.

Anyway, please don't leave me hanging. If you're interested in having a chat, swing by and say hi, I would really appreciate it. I'm sick of feeling lonely and appreciated, its making me want to leave personality cafe, flickr and other online communities I am a member of. No man is an island.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Well I don't know you but welcome back. There's no need for sadness when there's such things as smiles:happy:
Edit : it's ok I suffer from bi polar also but I try my best to be happy

Reactions: chickydoda

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey! I just joined personality cafe so I have not seen your posts yet, but I bet you're a pretty fun person to talk with, you look pretty too in your profile pic! :DD I mean it! XD

Hmm... I do get your feeling of feeling left out, like a looser, I feel that all the time when I'm in school... It's like my friends don't care for me anymore... I'll try my best to pick myself up, dust myself off and move on.. It's hard for me to do it sometimes, it feels impossible too at times... but then I usually will find someone who will talk to me and it makes me feel better...

So I'm doing this now by saying HI! :DDDD

Whaddya wanna talk about, you can PM me if you want to and I'll be ready to listen :DDDDDDDDDDD

Cheers!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hey

My name is Stephanie and I am 21 in a few days. I've been on Personality Cafe for around six months or so and I used to really love it here. Lately though I've been feeling really left out. I don't always feel like an ENFP because the positive characteristics only apply to me when I am in a really good mood or am out with my friends because I have bipolar disorder and the rest of the time I feel lonely, paranoid, uninspired and bored. Basically I feel like a loser.

I come on these boards and no-one replies to what I say anymore. It makes me feel worthless and makes me wonder even more, am I really an ENFP? I can't relate to most of the posts on here because most of the time I feel flattened by my emotions and not that outgoing.

When I submit threads on here I sometimes wonder if people just roll their eyes and go ''Oh its her again. Great.'' I don't really know how to connect with the community. Maybe I'm too different with my values and beliefs or my depression makes me a burden to be around. Or maybe my posts/threads are just too selfish.

Anyway, please don't leave me hanging. If you're interested in having a chat, swing by and say hi, I would really appreciate it. I'm sick of feeling lonely and appreciated, its making me want to leave personality cafe, flickr and other online communities I am a member of. No man is an island.
HUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS X 10 millions :proud::proud:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Honey, I completely understand. Us ENFPs don't take kindly to NO FEEDBACK! Sorry you were feeling so lonely. I think I'm worse than you though. If for some reason someone doesn't want to thank a post of mine, I want to start a thread about it and contemplate it. Hahaha!

Chicky- I remember you. Post more, babe. We want to hear you. Even if one thread doesn't work, post some more. As ENFPs, we have so many thoughts flowing through our heads. Don't just stop at one. Keep going. We need your creativity. We even need your depression! We like to get real and to be reminded of our often stifled Fi.

Thank you for posting this, dear. :wink:

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hey Chick,

I only joined yesterday but I doubt that the majority of ENFPers would think bad on you and not reply.

I sometimes have proper poo days, generally they follow a really good day when it's so elated i literally jump around like a kiddie when excited and it gets really fustrating because I want to be like that constantly not 3 days out 7. I think i've come to realise it just isn't possible though, not even for a ENFP! lol

As for BiPolar, I dont have it but I have a friend who does. The only thing I can say, its that not your fault so don't blame yourself, decent others wont blame you either. I read your message as you BP side negativity coming through and I wish you could trust your core personality more and belief in yourself, though it can't be easy.

Wishing you the best,
Pie x

Reactions: chickydoda

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,207 Posts
I don't always feel like an ENFP because the positive characteristics only apply to me when I am in a really good mood or am out with my friends because I have bipolar disorder and the rest of the time I feel lonely, paranoid, uninspired and bored. Basically I feel like a loser.
Could be two things

1.) ENFPs have a really emotional, introverted part as I'm sure you know. Is this running rampant in your life right now? Is your more positive and carefree N.e. being suppressed?

2.) While I think you're sounding a lot like an INFP...You could for sure still be an ENFP since many ENFPs on these boards struggle with confidence and positivity: You wouldn't be alone!

Hang in there.

·
Registered
ENFP
4,207 Posts
Hi Chickydoda,

It's interesting that you mentioned this topic, because there have been pretty extensive studies on internet use and it's effects of feeling lonely and isolated.. it's also been studied on forum chat, one on one chat on the quality of personal friendships, and there's been a shift.

The funny thing about it is- in one of the studies, it's shown that the more we expose ourselves to the internet, the more we feel isolated, because of the prolonged exposure in front of the computer (leading us to withdraw from friendships IRL), and also hoping to make a connection, when there isn't. In some cases, people do find deep friendships online.

So to paraphrase- no worries- you are not alone on this. ;D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I hate the expression "I know how you feel" but I'll say what you're saying sounds familar to me. If I create a post that doesn't get a response I feel really frustated and self conscious. Also reading about ENFPs they sound so much cooler than I am. (I wish I was more of a free spirit, but I'm also a phobic type 6 enneagram) I have extremely low self esteem and depression so I envy the bubbliness that most ENFPs seem to experience frequently.

I wouldn't worry about sounding too depressed though...I mean post during the good and bad times and share various aspects of yourself, but there are a lot of depressed people on these boards it woud seem (especially NFs) we need to lean on each other!

I will keep an eye open for your posts and try to comment, hopefully something beneficial :happy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haha wow, it's like I'm looking in the mirror. Whether it's irl or on the internet, if I don't get replies I feel horrible. Sorry you're feeling this way Chicky! I've only been here a bit but I'm sure your posts have been glorious and I'm looking forward to some more! I want some more! NEED SOME MORE!

I can't wait to read some beautiful Chicky posts in the future :D

·
Registered
627 Posts
I think you're great! Be loud, be proud.

My posts tend to be about 50% bullseye and 50% pidgeon crap. Problem is I never know which I've done until the responses (or lack thereof) come along. When I have a hit, that's all great and fun. When it's guano, I just accept it as that and move on. I'm not really aspiring to be a master thespian or miss congeniality anyways.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I too have II, and man it's was a roller coaster. The good part is that I'm in a really nice place right now after 3.5 years of treatment. the lows have been fleeting, and the hypomanic asides have been nonexistent (or, at the very worst, just takes the blame for my occasional poor spending decision). In the last two years I've even been through a couple of potentially traumatic experiences and they didn't trigger anything but a positive spin! Before then I'd have gone catatonic. :crazy: And there definitely was an INFP-transition period before I returned to my "high school norm" though. But yeah, that passed and it did get better! :proud:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow.
Your honesty dazzels me! You must be a truly strung under all that anxiety and insecurity. I would love to talk to you any time, since you are so candid about your thoughts. It pains me to read that you berate yourself so much because of your mood. I believe sadness is one of the most beautiful emotions; so clear and cathartic. It is how your body detoxifies itself, so dont hate your feelings. Maybe you can decrease your intake of toxins (i.e unfullfilled expectations, or company of people who have a built in prejudice towards you.)
I have felt the same emotions you describe when noone takes the 2 minutes to comment on a post that, for one reason or another, held great important to me. Nevertheless, I understand that we all come from different places; I doubt that we view the same words and derive the same meaning, much less the same opinion. Perhaps, others have been unable to connect with what you said because it was outside their frame of mind. This might not be your fault.
Dont hurry yourself to be happy; it will be an artificial sweetness that will disolve at the first flood of stress. Learn from yourself and grow from the level that you speak from in your opening post.
Ill gladly converse with you anytime! :happy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts