Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I have found a way to get lost, yet remain here at the same time. I'm only close to it, but I can see it as bright as the full moon on a clear night sky.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Oh god yeah... I've gotten as far as looking at how much tickets to the UK/US cost and seeing what I'd take with me, nothing more though :sad:

·
Registered
174 Posts
I once drove from Tempe AZ to Oklahoma City for no reason at all. Didn't know anybody that even lived in that state.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I read that it's a ISFP thing. Do you guys ever feel like sitting in the car and drivig away..to the unknown and getting lost? I feel like this often. Unfortunately I can't do it :/
You're after my own heart. Yeah, I feel that way all the time, because in my mind it's freedom. It's the fear that prevents me. Is it the unknown? Is it because however or how many ways you explain it, they will never understand? I don't know that part. I just know the feeling of the wanderlust. I'm buying a motorcycle for that very reason. To beat the road, ride like a mongol, waiting for the day that I decide to ride into the sunset never to be seen again, going nowhere in particular.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
it's happened to me sometimes. when i was younger there was a time i felt so unhappy that I wanted to run away. The closest I got to it is asking my parents to send me to boarding school, which upset them. I didn't know why it would upset them at that time.

Reactions: Stephen

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
it's happened to me sometimes. when i was younger there was a time i felt so unhappy that I wanted to run away. The closest I got to it is asking my parents to send me to boarding school, which upset them. I didn't know why it would upset them at that time.
Maybe they wanted to have you around for longer?

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
Maybe they wanted to have you around for longer?
well, I was 12 at that time, and being this stereotypical immature moody Fi-dom, it didn't occur to me that my parents actually loved me. I seriously thought that it wouldn't matter to them whether I was there or not (I'm also an Enneagram 9 so there's also this whole feeling like i don't matter/being insignificant thing).

·
Registered
624 Posts
I almost drove from Minnesota (where I live) to LA and back last year, but my car broke down the week before I had time off scheduled. There's nothing wrong with running away, as long as you come back. It helps clear your head and emotions.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Every now and then, I satiate this feeling by taking vacations or just going somewhere else for the day. I have escapist tendencies though.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The thing is, going on a vacation or on a trip with a tourist agency doesn't satisfy me. It's too structured. Like someone here said, I like to go to nowhere. Don't want to think about the destination or what will I do there or how I will get there. I would like it to be an adventure. What holds me back is my dear mother who wants to know exactly where I go, where will I stay and wants me to call her at least once a day. I don't wanna call anybody when I go away. I want to get lost. Some people don't seem to understand it.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
Yeah, I want to go out and do something alone and go to a new place and experience new things and be somewhere warm and interesting without as much responsibility (then again, that's me being childish. You can't escape responsibility as an adult, you have to accept it).

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
OOOH! that kind of running away.

I have thought about that a few times, but then I realized that there is sooo much boring stuff involved, like you know, planning budget for transport and accommodation and everything.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I often feel like that.

I'm certain that if I lived a few hundred years ago, I'd be an adventurer, out exploring new lands.

·
Banned
1,096 Posts
Hmmmm. Maybe it is a P thing. I've lived in four US states. I've been to Europe four times, the Caribbean twice and the east coast of Australia once, sailed in a schooner along the coast of Maine twice. I know the feeling of wanting to shake the dust off of my shoes, and off of my self, and just go. Do it while you are young. Once you have a car, house, career, family, etc., it gets A LOT harder!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I used to have that urge much more often than I do now.. I have a tendency to want to throw everything I've worked for away, move, start over in a new town and begin again for some reason.. I know I've had a pattern on it throughout my earlier life, not of my own choice.
Although, I appreciate my roommate letting me stay here, I want to move. Mostly because I crave independence but I can't do it because rent is absurd everywhere but here. If I had a car I wouldn't mind living in it XD haha Rent free.
I've never really run away but when I did have a home, the people there were intolerably rude and stubborn so I spent most of my time out on adventures, I spent many many hours walking around forests, took random unplanned trips to LA and San Fran, went to random parties with random people.. Times were fun. But, it's time I learn to be more stable.
I'm working on building the J related functions, to be more orderly, more stable: I assume I'll actually get things done that way and have a shot at being a mural painter. Also working on being a little more outgoing, though, I'm pretty outgoing for an introvert already lol
If it were realistic, I'd love to hop in a car right now, this minute with a good friend and take a road trip to who cares XD

·
Registered
317 Posts
@LittleOrange
That song x.x we've totally listened to that on a few random roadtrips.. we camped out in the car and listened to it as the sun rose, my friend and I hung our bodies out the window as we sped through the winding backroads of a mountain as the sun was coming up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts