Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should we push ourselves to tune into our feelings more? Is there a danger in letting them roam around the back of our minds unchecked, like some type of computer virus?

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,240 Posts
ever get trolled by your feelings and not know how to confront them? feelings are such cruel bullies. i wish someone would teach feelings a lesson for me... but then, there's hardly ever anyone around. then when faced with feelings... you would think you'd stared it down into surrender but when something diverts your attention away just even for a slight moment... SUCKERPUNCH... feelings took a cheap shot and you'd cower in pain as you slowly recover and feelings get right back up and stares you back down into surrender. okay ... now what?

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
geez.

can't you guys detach from your emotions and just look to them logically whilst experiencing them?

I just don't understand!

Why are you so WEIRD!

The weirdness makes me feel scared. :sad:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Who needs any of those silly haunted houses, ghosts, spiders, cannibalistic chainsaw murderers or evil clowns to scare you , when you can just immerse yourself in a thread full of Thinking people getting sucker-punched by the ass-hole which is Feelings. Would you not get enough fear to vacate your bowels for as long as you remember this horrific instances?

-Grins stiffly for a few seconds-
-Eyes start twitching-

Weird? Why am i weird? I mean, uh, not I, those guys. Whoever you were talking about. Yeah, why are THEY so weird? Hahah. Hahahahahah! Scary, isn't it? So we scare you because we get sucker-punched by ou-.. uh.. THEIR. THEIR feelings? Them. Yes. Not me.

Kitty, why is it that you just somehow pull all my angry strings, hm? What, we just push our feelings aside with thoughts? Hm? Hmmmmm? Do we? Do we rea-.. okay, we sorta do. I. I do. It makes me jittery, maybe. We? Nope, just me. Or we? Who else would be included in we? Who? I don't know. Someone. No-one. Is there ever a reason for weird? Is it such a mystery? How infuriating. Or perhaps I'm just infuriating myself. Have I asked that to myself? I don't know. Maybe I have. Why am I infuriated? It's there, it's making me type passive-angry nothings in a forum where a kitty typed something. Why is infuria.. infuriated?

Shhh.. I'm sorry. Let's forget the scared-ness, no? Maybe it can't be helped.
..God-damn it, I lost myself to incoherence.

Uh.. yes. Anyway.

I suppose we should suppress our feelings for the most part, in situations where decisions would.. well.. affect shit. Then we muse about our emotions later, at the solitary eden of our own home. Or some other place where you get to be alone.. and stationary. Or me. Just me. That's what I do. You can see how it works out, maybe. Or can you? I don't know.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Should we push ourselves to tune into our feelings more? Is there a danger in letting them roam around the back of our minds unchecked, like some type of computer virus?
No. I've grown comfortable with being emotionally unaware for 22 years now and I actually found that looking at things in a logical/analytical manner is more beneficial in the long run. It is even possible to use logic to relate to people as well, in the end I think it's just about having a different method of relating to people when necessary, empathizing with other people doesn't have to be relegated to this touchy feely tip tow through the tulips experience that people believe but to each their own.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am actually amused by my emotions. Because they have not exhibited power enough to greatly influence my behavior, I often provoke them, testing their limits and functions. It's like going on a safari in my van of reason: Oooh, is that empathy I see? *Click* *Click*

·
Registered
BEAR
1,722 Posts
I think it's a good idea to tune into feelings more often than not. It can be an entertaining ride.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If find feelings to be like the herpes virus. They lie dormant until some trigger comes along and you have a breakout. For instance, when you get too drunk and can't stop yourself from crying.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Who needs any of those silly haunted houses, ghosts, spiders, cannibalistic chainsaw murderers or evil clowns to scare you , when you can just immerse yourself in a thread full of Thinking people getting sucker-punched by the ass-hole which is Feelings. Would you not get enough fear to vacate your bowels for as long as you remember this horrific instances?

-Grins stiffly for a few seconds-
-Eyes start twitching-

Weird? Why am i weird? I mean, uh, not I, those guys. Whoever you were talking about. Yeah, why are THEY so weird? Hahah. Hahahahahah! Scary, isn't it? So we scare you because we get sucker-punched by ou-.. uh.. THEIR. THEIR feelings? Them. Yes. Not me.

Kitty, why is it that you just somehow pull all my angry strings, hm? What, we just push our feelings aside with thoughts? Hm? Hmmmmm? Do we? Do we rea-.. okay, we sorta do. I. I do. It makes me jittery, maybe. We? Nope, just me. Or we? Who else would be included in we? Who? I don't know. Someone. No-one. Is there ever a reason for weird? Is it such a mystery? How infuriating. Or perhaps I'm just infuriating myself. Have I asked that to myself? I don't know. Maybe I have. Why am I infuriated? It's there, it's making me type passive-angry nothings in a forum where a kitty typed something. Why is infuria.. infuriated?

Shhh.. I'm sorry. Let's forget the scared-ness, no? Maybe it can't be helped.
..God-damn it, I lost myself to incoherence.

Uh.. yes. Anyway.

I suppose we should suppress our feelings for the most part, in situations where decisions would.. well.. affect shit. Then we muse about our emotions later, at the solitary eden of our own home. Or some other place where you get to be alone.. and stationary. Or me. Just me. That's what I do. You can see how it works out, maybe. Or can you? I don't know.
though i do agree with you, suppressing our feelings are generally a lot easier than attempting to confront them...
especially when you like someone who consumes too much of your precious energy ._."

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have my feelings under control. I'm a thinker so I think about my feelings. For me thinking is more important than feelings.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Meditation has helped me to observe all these weird underlying feelings that pop up and vanish. I watch them coming from inside me and nod to them and off they go again. I've learned to transfer this observation of emotions to when I'm talking to an asshole, when I lose my car keys, when I fail at something I deem crucial, and so on. Instead of being reactive toward my emotions and stomping my feet in a tantrum, I watch them come and go. Instead of doing what is so natural to me and react immediately, I wait for a while, think about why I might be feeling this way, and act when my mind is cleared.

A lot of trouble that seems so important to me isn't really that special. A lot of my problems disappear when I can understand them and work to improve myself rather than letting them take hold of me. I still feel sad, angry, or impulsive, but by controlling my attitude toward negative emotions, by trying to be proactive rather than re-active, I dispense with trivialities and get to my core issues.

So much in my life is guided by my ability to change my attitude toward circumstances that surprise me, that threaten me, that feel unknown and scary to me. If I can explore myself further through introspection, through the actual engagement of my creative potential, through learning from the utterly stupid things I've done in the past, I can accomplish so much more than I think I can. Part of that, too, comes from letting go, from not expecting rewards, from not caring what people think. Once all those heavy chains are released, I feel liberated to do what I want.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
geez.

can't you guys detach from your emotions and just look to them logically whilst experiencing them?

I just don't understand!

Why are you so WEIRD!

The weirdness makes me feel scared. :sad:
Can't you detach from them as well? Can't I disagree with you without being forever shunned? Just because you don't like what I have to say doesn't make you intrinsically right. I am willing to accept that I am wrong without having my inner being shattered. Can you do that as well? It makes us both better people.

Having an appreciation of someone that will stand their ground on what they believe is true seems like an NF trait to me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts