Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does an ISFP feel when they are in love? As an INFP, you feel it in your heart, almost like the pressure of someone sitting on your chest and lots of crying when they leave from your life? Not sure if this is love or just my emotional feeling for this person?

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Its usually just a warm presence. Yet I don't feel it much, it's just the sense of security.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you see yourself doing things for the other person?

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Do you see yourself doing things for the other person?
I take the back seat, my boyfriend is all into giving, I obviously give back. But without a job it is pretty hard to give him possessions, that I want to.

I give a lot of affection, and a listening ear. If we lived together, I am sure I could do more.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The security thing makes a lot of sense if I was a sensing person. I think stability and giving of oneself to another openly has it's advantages and disadvantages. Does this security you talk about allow you to open up and become more transparent. As an INFP around this person I tend to share every thought as I think them, which I very open and trusting. Do you trust your boyfriend in that manner that you would say the words that come to your mind without editing. Is that the level of security you sense? Is that the depth of your love for him? Sorry if I am prying don't mean to, if you are not comfortable with answering I understand.

·
Registered
254 Posts
How does an ISFP feel when they are in love? As an INFP, you feel it in your heart, almost like the pressure of someone sitting on your chest and lots of crying when they leave from your life? Not sure if this is love or just my emotional feeling for this person?
This pretty much sums up how I feel when I have a crush on someone. Every time I see the person, I suddenly feel all constricted in my chest/heart area.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I don't think the feelings of love are experienced in different ways based on a person's mbti-type tbh.

I feel intense feelings of love. I'm not much for security. Rather be alone than with someone who just make me feel "safe".

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
The security thing makes a lot of sense if I was a sensing person. I think stability and giving of oneself to another openly has it's advantages and disadvantages. Does this security you talk about allow you to open up and become more transparent. As an INFP around this person I tend to share every thought as I think them, which I very open and trusting. Do you trust your boyfriend in that manner that you would say the words that come to your mind without editing. Is that the level of security you sense? Is that the depth of your love for him? Sorry if I am prying don't mean to, if you are not comfortable with answering I understand.
It's the security of having someone there for you, mostly. The talking about whatever subject you want is great too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's the security of having someone there for you, mostly. The talking about whatever subject you want is great too.
So you have opened up and have shared your secrets about yourself? Did that take you awhile to become vulnerable to the potential of possibly getting hurt? Are do you still worry about that?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have only really been in love once, and I am married to that guy. The love I feel now is quite a bit different than when I first met him. In the beginning, it was like an incredible rush every time I saw him or spoke to him or even thought of him. It was like an incredible flood of amazing, nervous energy - but in a really good way. It was like the feeling I have after riding a roller coaster.

When I was young, it was more about the new experiences, the excitement of having someone new that was drawn to me and wanted to be with me. I was not just attracted to the person, but to the new experiences that I could have with him - the new people, places, and sensations that were now open to me. I was incredibly attracted to how he showed me that he cared for me. It wasn't in a romantic sense really. It was more of an 'I will do anything possible to be with you' kind of sense.

There was also a bit of drama involved with his parents. It felt a bit like Romeo and Juliet (but without the misunderstanding at the end. haha).

It was a long time ago, but that is what I remember.

I don't think what I felt in the beginning was love, though. I think it was more like the hook that kept me in the relationship long enough for me to develop love for him. The love I feel now is a lot harder to explain.

Now, if I were more certain about my personality this might help you more. Oh well...

·
Registered
Infp 6w5
2,845 Posts
well i THINK i may love someone but im not sure... :(
they are my first crush in the least, so im not sure if i really love him or if im making myself like him.
as for personality type, im stuck around the middle between ISFP and INFP. so idk :)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't think the feelings of love are experienced in different ways based on a person's mbti-type tbh.

I feel intense feelings of love. I'm not much for security. Rather be alone than with someone who just make me feel "safe".
I dont believe that FEELINGS are affected by a person's personality type. However, I do believe that a person's personality type defines the way they EXPRESS their love.

My current girlfriend and I have had quite an interesting relationship. We have had many ups and downs and we have actually broken up for several months only to get back together now. Now we are both making a conscious effort to try and make our relationship work for as long as we can, but not only just work but to also actually ENJOY our relationship.

For me my feelings of love were intense at first. I had a heavy feeling in my heart but it was also like a warmth. This may sound lame but it made me feel like a care bear lol. Now my feelings of love have changed and the only way I can describe it is this yearning to have her in my life. When we separated there wasnt a day that went by that I didnt think of her or long to speak with her. Later on I found out she had very similar emotions.

Im more giving than my gf is but I believe that has to do with our mindsets on what giving is. For her she believes that I will only accept things that money can buy. Although some of the things I most cherish from her are little drawings and notes. She knows that but she still doesnt see them as meaning much. I try to buy her flowers around once a month, take her out when I have the money too, and I just genuinely enjoy doing things for her.

As for my feelings in general I personally suffer from a mild form of depression. I used to have small mood swings going from happy, to mad, to sad, and then back to happy for no real reason. Ive since got that under control for the most part though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have had safe love where I felt secure and content a few times and I have had heart stopping can't breathe love and that was with an ISTP... honestly I still have those heart stopping moments with him.. but our personalities prevents us in so many ways of making that commitment to each other... were both private, both afraid of being vulnerable etc.

My fear with him is how would we survive together? I hate to say it but it's hard to imagine a future together... but I love just having him a part of my life...

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
For me that kind of thing has been attachment that at least borders on the pathological and I don't consider myself to have ever know what real love is like, just obsession, at least that is what it feels like.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
I've heard that no one really knows what it is and I sure fit that description lol. What I mean by that is I have no idea what it feels like, I know what it's like to have people do things for you like partners, friends, family but I've never felt anything but gratitude, which I don't think it's what it is exactly. I've said it before, but I really never meant it, not once to a partner. It's always felt like I had to otherwise they'd think I didn't care at all and/or would want to leave (I suppose that is what it was I feared, abandonment). It's not like I was as cold as I am now because I was far from it. It's confusing really. I used to really fit the ISFP profile but I've turned into an INTP through bad enough experiences to jar the emotional part, at least into what I consider more healthy for me. Maybe that will change someday, but I don't see it in happening in the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I believe what I experience in the beginning of a relationship is infatuation, rather than love. This is similar to feelings you describe in your post. For me, the butterfly in my chest fades over time, once reality sets in and you become comfortable with the person. It's not a bad thing, it's just the way it is for me.

I think once I realize that I enjoy having that person in my life, I develop love for them that builds over time. The infatuation may be more exciting, but it's what's left over afterwards that really counts.:wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts