Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I'm not serious. I just have trouble understanding and expressing feelings.

Do you other ISTJs have difficulty with people not getting your jokes? I've noticed a pattern... my jokes are usually some simple principle (e.g. "emotions are difficult") extrapolated to an absurd degree (e.g. "emotions should be eliminated"). I'm laughing internally but others don't know whether to take me seriously or not.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
i generally enjoy having feelings--they serve a legitimate purpose. yes they do make messes and get in the way...but still.

I have an odd sense of humor and often the people i just met don't get the jokes and I do feel a little dejected when my jokes fall flat. Try to be relate-able. If you are all cold logic (and, really, not all people are!) you get annoying. Trust me on this one. Even I get annoyed with overly "logical" people.

QUOTE: "my jokes are usually some simple principle (e.g. "emotions are difficult") extrapolated to an absurd degree"

right there: "extrapolated to a third degree". Unless you are surrounded by a bunch of other super-nerds, don't use words like that. People will think that you are trying to show how much smarter you are than them. It comes off as being arrogant and rude, thus people will get defensive and react accordingly.

And it does not hurt to add a little "sing-song" (for lack of a better term) to your voice and smile a bit to show that you are joking. They may still not get the joke, but at least they wont think you are making fun of them...

OWL

·
Registered
582 Posts
What are "Emotions"?
Emotions are temporary feedback errors caused by imputing information into an infected part of the brain.

OH NO! MY BRAIN IS INFECTED! WHAT DO I DO!?
Calm down. You are experiencing extreme emotions and that only makes it worse. These emotions appear to be a human condition, but with the correct intervention they can be stopped. The infected parts of the brain can be removed without seriously impeding the overall function because they are relatively small.

I'm an F, can I be saved?
Unfortunately if you've crossed the narrow line from T to F you are beyond recovery. Critical points of the brain that affect your judgment have been infected, and their removal will render you incapable of functioning. If you know you're an F, it is recommended that you seek guidance from a T before making any critical decisions that will effect you or others.

Consult your doctor if you are seriously considering emotion removal.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
No, I'm not serious. I just have trouble understanding and expressing feelings.

Do you other ISTJs have difficulty with people not getting your jokes? I've noticed a pattern... my jokes are usually some simple principle (e.g. "emotions are difficult") extrapolated to an absurd degree (e.g. "emotions should be eliminated"). I'm laughing internally but others don't know whether to take me seriously or not.
I have that problem frequently actually. I had a coworker tell me, it took me a long time to realize how funny you are but you really are! Dry humor I guess.

Sorry I keep posting here. I like visiting other forums and find ISTJs enjoyable.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Achi wins the funniest post of the year award!!! Absolutely hilarious!!:crazy::laughing:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
What are "Emotions"?
Emotions are temporary feedback errors caused by imputing information into an infected part of the brain.

Calm down. You are experiencing extreme emotions and that only makes it worse. These emotions appear to be a human condition, but with the correct intervention they can be stopped. The infected parts of the brain can be removed without seriously impeding the overall function because they are relatively small.

Unfortunately if you've crossed the narrow line from T to F you are beyond recovery. Critical points of the brain that affect your judgment have been infected, and their removal will render you incapable of functioning. If you know you're an F, it is recommended that you seek guidance from a T before making any critical decisions that will effect you or others.

Oh crap. I am DOOOOOOMED. :crying: <--- demonstration of emotion

·
Banned
1,158 Posts
Emotions: What are they and how do you get rid of them?
im kind of stoic about most things. i dont know how feeler types experience emotions but mine are usually there then gone. my emotions are usually to do with atacks from other people. someone drove by and threw something at me the other day, and i just kind of shrugged. i wasnt mad, i wasn't upset. its happened before, the worlds full of assholes, who cares?

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Emotions: What are they and how do you get rid of them?
Emotions are part of the human psyche which brings reactions of events each day, understanding of others emotions, and human relationships. The thing is reactions to events aren't always positive, but to instead to look forward is a much better way of dealing with issues. oh and instincts is another problematic area which also gets filtered

I get rid of them by shunning them and the repulsive actions they bring, and not putting myself in situations, which don't highlight the fact that I'm out of touch with them.

·
Registered
295 Posts
yeah people never get my jokes either. I have a VERY dry sense of humor. It gets me into a lot of trouble sometimes.
Same here!:unsure:

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
im kind of stoic about most things. i dont know how feeler types experience emotions but mine are usually there then gone.
Exactly the same for me. They're there and then they're gone, and I'm not deeply affected, especially if those are negative emotions like depression, exasperation or hurt.

I'm generally a contented person. I'm almost always happy with myself and with others. I get over minor irritations quickly, possibly because I tend to let go of negative emotions really quickly and hold on longer to positive ones. Then simple things in life begin to really make you happy.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
272 Posts
Sorry I keep posting here. I like visiting other forums and find ISTJs enjoyable.
sorry of what it not like you will bother emotionless being such as ISTJ XD <i didnt actually laugh it was just to demonstrate it could be fun

and to answer you biotrom they are a useless program that take time amd energy i mean it eats almost all the memory since it filling it up with crappy file called souvenir

the best way i found to get rid of them is upon booting press F8 and chose start [insert your name her] without emotion it should work just fine after that and it safer then achi lobotomisation method

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
What are "Emotions"?

This is truly hilarious. Looking at this, people who don't get our jokes are missing out on a lot...

I have a picture that fits perfectly with the context described by Achi. But it is an INTJ picture but I think it will fit in here just fine.

:crazy::tongue::laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts