173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pannic-Anxiety attacks-

problems talking to large groups-

holding grudges-

allergies-

significant weight gains and losses -

Daydreaming-

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings-

problem finishing goals/dreams-

craving to travel-

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow-

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Pannic-Anxiety attacks- Maybe when I was younger.
If I get one now, it won't last more than a minute

If we're talking public speaking, I can either completely wing it, or strenuously prepare a damn fine presentation. Anything in between will turn out horribly.

holding grudges-
Naw, not my schtick.

allergies-
Penicillin, all mammal saliva save people and horses, lots of pollens, dead grass, dust mites....

significant weight gains and losses-
Once after first year. Lost around 40 lbs. Can't remember why, but I'm back to my normal weight now.

Daydreaming-
My art of choice.

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings-
I like to think that I could just sit back and let someone be angry at me, but I'm never just going to sit by when there's tension and conflict in a relationship. You know... for their sakes.

Oof, constantly. It's probably why I only bother with short term dreams these days.

craving to travel-
Yes! I've been good at satiating it too!

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others follow-
Not necessarily. I never really want to go my "own way" so much as I want to go the way that I think the group will enjoy most.

Reactions: NateBoiWhite

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Panic-anxiety attacks - Check, though I'm working on it.

Problems talking to large groups - Rarely. If I'm ever in that position, then I'm inspired. If I'm inspired, I can talk for hours.

Holding grudges - Never. I'm ridiculously bad at it. :/

Allergies - None that I'm aware of.

Significant weight gains and losses - None so far.

Daydreaming - All the time.

Problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings - Usually yes, though I've learnt that some people just need to fix themselves without me poking my nose there.

Problem finishing goals/dreams - Sadly yes.

Craving to travel - Absolutely!

Wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others follow - I go wherever I want. People don't really have to follow me for me to be happy. :)

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
Pannic-Anxiety attacks-
yeah, when I'm really stressed out. I had a lot of them during my senior year of high school. my chest would get really tight, I'd have trouble breathing, I'd start flipping out mentally, etc.

it depends on the group. if it's people I like/feel comfortable with, I'm fine. like this one time at a con (ohgod "this one time at a con" is almost as bad as "this one time at band camp") I ended up part of a dating-panel thing (you know those old dating shows where the woman asks some guys who are hidden by screens or whatever some questions, they try to give witty answers, etc? it was that kind of thing, and I got volunteered by my friends during the "HEY ANYBODY WANNA PARTICIPATE" portion of the panel). so I had to bullshit in front of all these people, and I was totally awesome and hilarious and asjfksdf it was super fun and I won some chocolate body paint for my troubles. SO YES, if I'm talking to ~*~my people~*~ (200 anime-loving strangers at a con panel, a group of friends, whatever), I'm fine. if I'm talking to people I don't like, I get really uncomfortable, but I can still talk to them in a seemingly-confident way.

holding grudges- nahh.

allergies- in the spring, yeah. I'm really sensitive to poison ivy, too. I'll break out in a rash if I even go near it, and if I touch it I am in such deep shit nnnnnghhhhh :c

significant weight gains and losses - no.

Daydreaming- always.

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings- uh... I guess? I don't like it when people I love are angry with me, so I try to appease them, which makes some of them way, wayyy angrier, so it's kind of a vicious cycle. I usually end up just leaving for a few hours and letting both of us cool off.

problem finishing goals/dreams- yeah. :(

craving to travel- YYYESSSS there's a reason I want to learn 2832983 languages, man. I wanna go to Iceland and Latvia and Germany and Italy and France and Japan and Ireland and Canada and and and ANNDDDD /insert fifty billion other countries here

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow- not really. I mean, I don't try to get people to follow me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
[email protected]! good topic.. timely too!

Pannic-Anxiety attacks- just started getting these recently.. had a few episodes.. thought i was having a heart attack... went to hosp.. did tests.. whew ok!!! don't know WTF is up with that tho.. starting so late in my life (I am 50)

problems talking to large groups- nope... but never had a huge audience.... guess panic could set in tho!

holding grudges- well... first to mind is my ex husband.. for the years of emotional abuse... and am almost over that.. I don't hold a grudge as much as not let the offending person EVER into my life again... so... yeah lol I guess so... but it has to be pretty bad to be considered... as I have huge issues with someone being angry/sad/mad at me.

allergies- seasonal but not too bad... pollen, in the early spring

significant weight gains and losses - touchy, touchy one... yep am always trying to lose as I am significantly overweight (i usually blame my meds and depression in my previous marriage..now I am just lazy grrrrr)

Daydreaming- as per essay...... hobby/habit of choice.. all my best thoughts come from there!

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings- I can't let that happen, I am always trying to placate/fix/ whatever.. I hate that and have a terrible time with conflict... i get physically sick

problem finishing goals/dreams- yes... I am an ENFP to my very core! I am an avid needleworker and have a WIP list (works in progress) of over 50 items... don't even GO THERE!!!!!!!

craving to travel- On my to do list... hence daydreaming... I plan to do lots of it (even in my mind)

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow- guess that can be considered a compliment.. i also walk to a different beat, as does my new man!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Panic-Anxiety attacks- Not really, only if things get really bad. In times of stress I withdraw from whatever is stressing me and it usually goes away. When it keeps piling on and on for weeks, then I may have a panic attack.

problems talking to large groups-Yes, unless I know most of the people in the group, they're younger or older than me or I have one close friend with me. Otherwise I get too self-conscious.

holding grudges- I think I matured out of this one. I'll be nice to the offending person but I won't let them get too close again.

allergies- Nope, except for seasonal stuff.

No, I've been at a normal weight or slightly under all my life.

Daydreaming- If I'm not interacting with people, then I'm doing this. Usually about being with people. :tongue:

Yes, I react too much, usually making things work. Or I completely shut down, and things get worse later.

problem finishing goals/dreams- If they wouldn't keep switching, I could get one done! I'm on a pretty steady road to becoming an equine professional, probably an instructor, but what if that's not what I want to do?! Ahhh, the dilemma...:crazy:

craving to travel- Yes, but that will happen after I marry Mr. Rich-Husband. Yes, I'm a bit shallow...:crazy:

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others follow- That's kind of describes my whole life: wanting to do what I want to do and having everyone else just fall in line. Because my idea is fun, but I still want good company. Usually, my plan gets forgotten so I can have company. :bored:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Pannic-Anxiety attacks:
Yes but due to PTSD so...

problems talking to large groups:
I don't like it at all, but I guess it gets easier with practice. Also, there are few people that wouldn't have trouble talking to large groups.

holding grudges:
Never.

allergies:
No =D

Yes, because I'm a control freak and I deal with stress by controlling what I eat insanely.

Daydreaming:
All the time.

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings:
Generally if people are angry with me I let them be angry cause it's their loss.

problem finishing goals/dreams:
I don't know...

craving to travel
I'd like to travel but I'm not super keen craving.

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow:
No. I don't like investigating on holiday. I get too anxious. I prefer to stick to a pre determined schedule and not stray from the path. Sounds boring, but straying makes me rip the skin off my fingers =D

·
Registered
815 Posts
Pannic-Anxiety attacks-
Not panic attacks, but I do have anxiety. I wouldn't say I go into full blown attacks but I do get very anxious at times.

Not at all. I actually love it.

holding grudges-
Sometimes. I will hold the grudge until I talk to the person again, then I am pretty forgiving. If a person does something to me and that is my last memory of them, I probably will hold a slight grudge.

allergies-
Not really.

not really.

Daydreaming-
Not as much as other ENFPs do.

Oh no, I have to try to fix it. I might say "whatever, I don't care," but I DO.

yes. motivation and follow through are huge issues with me.
craving to travel-
yes

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow-
yes.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Pannic-Anxiety attacks-
In high stress situations.. I had one in an exam- which problly explaiins why I did badly :/
If you mean public speaking then no. That's a skill, although I do enjoy doing it. If you mean sociallly, I prefer group situations- I feel more comfortable in groups.
holding grudges-
Nope. Sometimes I feel things are unforgivable, but ill end up forgiving them anyway.
allergies-
Nope.
Yeah I yoyo between 12-13st. Chronic eating then chronic exercise and dieting.
Daydreaming-
Try to keep this to a minimum. I think daydreaming too much is unhealthy.
Yeah. Don't like tension-stresses me out.
Yep. Most often because I realise they weren't a good option to start with.
craving to travel-
Yep. Its not so much travelling as "exploring". I have the same urge even locally.
wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others follow
Not just on vacation, just in life in general. Actually I usually get ppl to come with me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Panic-Anxiety attacks-
In high stress situations, like Tridentus said.

No.

holding grudges-
No.

allergies-
Yes.

No.

Daydreaming-
All day, everyday.

Depends on what role they play in my life.

Definitely. My worst flaw.

craving to travel-
Yes. There's a lot of places I want to visit.

Yep.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Panic anxiety: yes from time to time I try my best to avoid it

problems talking to large groups-sometimes I usually get along well with other people

holding grudges-I don't hold grudges I either forgive or just ignore

allergies-yup I can go into anaphylaxis shock over certain things

significant weight gains and losses - I tend to keep a steady weight

Daydreaming-yup aloe in class too

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings-not really

problem finishing goals/dreams-still working on mine

craving to travel-always new things excite me

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow- yup

·
Registered
257 Posts
Panic/Anxiety attacks - I used to have very frequent panic attacks, from elementary school to probably the beginning/middle of high school. Haven't had one in five or six years, last I remember, with the exception of going into hysterics when there was a shooting near my S.O.'s work building, while he was working.

Problems talking to large groups - I am okay if it's more casual and on-the-fly, but I absolutely suck if I am given some sort of limits like stuff in Public Speech class. For example, if you tell me I have to give a specific speech with a specific time limit and NO full notes except for some vague reminders on what I'm supposed to say, don't say I didn't warn you...

Holding grudges - Only slightly. The only time I hold a grudge is if I felt really close or extremely trusted the particular person, and even then, it's only until I can sorta vent enough to let it go. I never really let them know I have a grudge on them, which isn't too much of an issue because it's fairly short-lived, and I go on living my life and being generally happy and optimistic. :D

Allergies - Nope! Allergy-free, thank goodness! Only exception is on rare occasions, I get snuffly around antique stores, but that's only the really musty ones, and it's very seldom that I get that reaction. Nothing official though!

Significant weight gains and losses - Story of my life. Used to be average size, but a move ALL THE WAY across the country caused me to gain an embarrassing amount of weight (back between sixth and seventh grade; I am in my Junior year of college now) and I have only recently started to finally settle into the weight just right that it looks flattering.

Daydreaming - Used to, but Vegas is a draining city. I've lost most, if not all of my muse for writing, daydreaming, or even just doodling... Hoping to turn that around...

Problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings - I refuse to start "drama" with people, so if I feel like someone I know fairly closely is mad at me for a reason I don't think has been thought through, I try to talk it through with them. However, if it's just someone butthurt at me for a stupid reason, especially someone I don't know, I just ignore it.

Problem finishing goals/dreams - I make little plans all the time but the only ones I really ever get done are the important ones, like stuff that's school or work related, or stuff that I want to get done for my family or close loved ones. I never really get the time (not do I have the money) to do all the stuff I really want to do...

Craving to travel - Absolutely! I would love to go to as many countries as possible, even just other cities!

Wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others follow - A little confused by the wording of this one, so not sure.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pannic-Anxiety attacks- All the time PTSD also plays a big role but I get them pretty bad in certain stressful situations.

problems talking to large groups- Yes I think to damn much of what others are thinking of me than what I am saying...although at funerals when it comes from the heart I am good. School presentations suck I beleive based on past bad experiences.

holding grudges- Heavenly father who art though in heaven let me stop this... Im cold with it too it may be 2 years later Ima get more than even :( .....;)

allergies- Dogs, cats, animal saliva, horses, goats, sulfa, biaxin.

significant weight gains and losses - Im a white mexican male Operah!

Daydreaming- huuuuuuuuuuuu um ya, thats me.

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings- I use to but now I see the benefits of time outs aka space to contemplate and cool down.

problem finishing goals/dreams- I spread myself so thin among so many projects...before I know it I am manifesting a new direction before last direction is fully discovered.

craving to travel- like crack! especially tropical places.

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow- Dude...Dudets I hear by can smell the best beaches an island has to offor that the public is not often pointed to. Ilike to investigate an Island like I am the first to discover it...Usually when groups break up and people fallow the lead of Mwaaa we come back with the funnest stories and coolest places :p :cool:

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Panic-Anxiety attacks- Not full blown attacks, but I've had problems with anxiety before. Anxiety can keep me from doing stuff, at least.

problems talking to large groups - Not really, unless you mean public speaking?

holding grudges- Hmm...yes, if someone really wronged me and I know they are not sorry...I can hold a grudge. Eventually it goes away though...and I never do anything with the grudge. I'm getting better about not holding grudges.

allergies- Seasonal allergies. Oh, also, I had a scare once where it seemed I'd developed a food allergy to nearly everything. Then it pretty much all went away...I think it was probably stress. :confused:

significant weight gains and losses - No, very little weight fluctuation.

Daydreaming- I daydream so much! It's insane. You want to know about me and daydreaming? One time, in class, I daydreamed so much that I slowly, over time, slid sideways in my chair...until I fell out.

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings- YES.

problem finishing goals/dreams- Somewhat...I was raised by two Js who helped with that a bit.

craving to travel- Yes. It feels like a need.

Kinda...I have more fun doing things with others on vacation, but I will sometimes decide to go explore on my own. Never had any fear of that. And sometimes others follow.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Panic-Anxiety attacks- Yep, I sure do. Not as bad or as frequent as they used to be, but they can still be pretty bad. I'm on prozac now and it helps a lot.

Problems talking to large groups- Not usually, although public speaking makes me nervous depending on the subject I'm talking about.

Holding grudges- Not a problem for me. I never hold a grudge for longer than an hour or two.

Allergies- I'm allergic to so many things.. various prescriptions (penicillin, bactrim), pollen, etc. I'm not allergic to any animals, though.

Significant weight gains and losses - I'm usually pretty stable with my weight. I fluctuate around 99-106.

Daydreaming- This is a big thing for me.. I'm almost always daydreaming!

Problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings- If someone around me is having negative feelings I feel like it's my personal duty to make them cheerful and resolve any problems they're having.

Problem finishing goals/dreams- I procrastinate a lot, and I also start a lot of little projects that I don't finish. But with major goals I'm good at reaching them.

Craving to travel- I'm always up to go anywhere new, even if it's just a few hours away.

Wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others follow-
I love exploring unknown territory, but I don't think I'd do it alone (I'm a female...). So yes, I do this.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Pannic-Anxiety attacks-

When I smoked bad weed, but it's been years

Never had stage fright or get nervous in front of large people. Also, I do Sunday school and I'm used to talking to large groups

holding grudges-

Here's the only difference. I hold a lot of grudge when I'm feeling negative, even when I forgave everyone. One day, I decided to forgive everyone while praying... However, seems as if my mind hasn't settled yet. Whenever I get angry, a lot of past bad memories pop up back in my head. Don't want to get too descriptive but... ya, sometimes I hold grudges but I do try my best not to

allergies-

No

Not yet - I'm 26

Daydreaming-

24/7

Depends. If it's someone I really care about, then I try to calm nerves. If I did do something wrong (I KNOW that I did something wrong) then I would apologize. Other than that, whoever's angry can go ahead waste their energy

I have 2 __TJ parents. They've always monitored me doing my homework and projects. So far, I've managed to keep most of my goals. However, for my long-term far-fetched dreams such as becoming the UN Secretary General, I have no idea where to even start. But if I know, I'm sure I'll put some passion & persistence behind it until I get there.

craving to travel-

All the time! Just came back from Europe

Not sure

I guess ENFPs and INFPs aren't so different after all - comparing my answers to other ENFPs

·
His Majesty
12,625 Posts
Panic-Anxiety attacks-Nope, thank God!

problems talking to large groups-Not so much because I do it on a usual basis.

holding grudges-I forgive but I try to forget. I'm not always successful though

allergies-I'm allergic to something. My allergies flair up a certian times but I don't know what from.

significant weight gains and losses -Nah, i stay pretty consistent.

Daydreaming-Gosh! I do it ALL the time!

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings-I hate it. I try to make it so that everybody likes me.

problem finishing goals/dreams-Ha! My goal in life is to have a goal in life. I used to hate the word 'goals'. Not so much anymore.

craving to travel-I have this craving but unfortunately I'm on kidney dialysis so traveling is obsolete at this point.

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow-I'd imagine that's what I'd probably do on vacation.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pannic-Anxiety attacks- Yeps

problems talking to large groups- Nops, I love it.

holding grudges- Takes a bit, but once you got me there you have an enemy for life.

allergies-nop

significant weight gains and losses - nop

Daydreaming- This implies there is another state of mind... is there? Really??

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings- Sort of.

problem finishing goals/dreams- Yep

craving to travel- Mwaw

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow- Mwaw

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Pannic-Anxiety attacks- Yes!! I had one both times I took the GRE and ended up bombing it both times. When I'm under a lot of stress I'm especially prone to anxiety attacks, where my heart races and I can't eat or sleep. I probably should either get something to take or get myself back into therapy, but I don't have the motivation.

problems talking to large groups- Not if it's like in a public speaking situation. I'm great at at! But like if I'm at a party with a large group of people I sometimes have a hard time talking to everyone (especially if I don't know them well or it's an environment where I already feel uncomfortable b/c I was bullied - like when I was school).

holding grudges- Hmmm....I don't think so. I see myself as very forgiving, often at the expense of my own well-being.

allergies- YES!! I'm allergic to everything! Dust, pollen, mold, grass, animal dander (though interestingly not dogs, as I've grown up with dogs all my life). I'm also lactose intolerant and likely have some sort of gluten intolerance, as I suffer from severe IBS.

significant weight gains and losses - Not really....though if/when I'm under serious stress I tend to either lose weight (I lost 15lbs in a less than a month this fall from job search related stress), or gain weight (I gained 10 of those pounds back in March b/c instead of not eating I binged b/c I was stressed). I think my problem is more I have what is probably a mild eating disorder - or at the very least a love/hate relationship with food.

Daydreaming- YES!!!!

problem letting others be angry with you without trying to fix it...AKA letting others have their negative feelings- Yes, I hate when people are angry with me so I tend to over-do it with trying to right the situation that I often make it worse.

problem finishing goals/dreams- Yeah, a) from boredom, I lose interest in it and just stop, or b) procrastination.

craving to travel- YES!!! I've been itching to go abroad again, as it's been almost 6 years. I love to travel, especially on my own where I can do what I want when I want and have the opportunity to meet really awesome people along the way (like in hostels).

wanting to go your own way to investigate while on vacation, and having others fallow- Ummm, sometimes?? I can't really think of any specifics though.....

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
allergies- Dogs, cats, animal saliva, horses, goats, sulfa, biaxin.
I'm allergic to Biaxin too!! Damn, forgot about that one. And my GP prescribed it for me again a couple years ago (and to top it off I was at the pharmacist only to learn that I was off my parents health insurance as of 12/31 and my appointment was on 1/2 -- I had called her 12/31 and she called in an ammoxicilin prescription but of course that did nothing, and the Biaxin cost me an arm and a leg!!!), and I told her that I think I was allergic to that from a long time ago but she assured me that was only the liquid one that made my sick. Sure enough I broke out in hives all over my body within 24 hours. NOT FUN!! So in the end she put me on doxycycline which of course is a free antibiotic at the drug store. Coulda saved me $120.....grrrr

1 - 20 of 27 Posts