Votes: 19 32.2%
  • 6. "oh look a butterfly! What was I doing before this? Oh whatever!"

Votes: 18 30.5%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok it may sound completely sterotypical but how many of you guys seem to be easily distracted either by your own self or your surroundings? Me I am easily distracted like the other day I was skateboarding down a steep hill in San Francisco and in the corner of my eye I see a beautiful girl smile at ne I smiled back not paying attention to the road and....BAM! I skated into a parked car do a complete roll on the hood and landed face first. I got up keep going... Or the other day I was reading my book for homework and one of my friends who I was studying with had a conversation we stopped what we were doing and went out for lunch. I came back and forgot what I needed to do. So on a scale of 1-5 how easily distracted are you? (yes non-enfps can post here too)
1 being never or rarely
2 sometimes
3 moderately
4 most of the time
5 what was I doing before this?
6 "oh look a butterfly." " what am I supposed to be doing ? Oh whatever !

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm excruciatingly easily distra... what was I posting about again?

·
Registered
54 Posts
i'm never distra-
yeah me neither!
you see, i have this technique; I just decide to focus, and then, it just works.. I'm never ever distracted! Trust me, like this morning *goes into long story about running for the bus and missing losing a pen and raining and wet sock and cute puppies* but I stayed focused and concentrated all the time!:proud::proud:

Reactions: Blacktide

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know why I'm distracted all the time... I guess it's because.. I dob't know.. maybe? well.. arrgh! can't tell you now, i have to call you back later ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
yeah me neither!
you see, i have this technique; I just decide to focus, and then, it just works.. I'm never ever distracted! Trust me, like this morning *goes into long story about running for the bus and missing losing a pen and raining and wet sock and cute puppies* but I stayed focused and concentrated all the time!:proud::proud:
Hahaha, I can't even count the number of times I've been telling a story which started me off on another one and forgotten my original tale! You're doing better than me

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I'm very easily distracted but get me on something I'm especially passionate about and it's a different story. Unless I see a kitten. Blasted kittens and their evil kitten ways.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Honestly, I'll start threads and by several posts later, I'll have absolutely no idea what the OP was about.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Distracted? I always feel bad for my friends and family because they'll be talking to me and suddenly I'll forget they're even talking. By that point I just start interjecting ideas and random commentary. This usually annoys them to no end because of me interrupting and "not listening to what they have to say. It's all about 'me'". In reality, I really WANT to listen to what they have to say. Unfortunately, my mind usually wanders off before everything they say is completed or even the task I'm working on is close to completed. When I'm working on a paper, I find good cause for a break after getting the cover page completed... after a half hour of procrastinating beforehand :tongue:

Again, it's not that I want to be or am proud to be so easily distracted. It's that I just AM so easily distracted. If I get stuck on any particular problem or subject... to be honest I can't really recall any time in the past while that's actually happened. Oh well!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Arrrgh this is my least favourite trait of mine at the moment :(

WHAT IS THE CURE?!

Reactions: maidenaya

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm very easily distracted but get me on something I'm especially passionate about and it's a different story. Unless I see a kitten. Blasted kittens and their evil kitten ways.
I find I'm the same way. During everyday things I can be distracted literally by the shiney and whenever I notice I got distracted from what I was doing the Zoolander quote "Do not be distracted by the beautiful celebrities cross my hand" haha.

But when I'm writing, studying, or just heavily engrossed in something and something externally distracts me, and it wasn't myself willing to be...well let's just say no one comes near me when they see I'm writing now. But there are still the times I have friends who like to mess with me because they know I'm easily distracted:dry:

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I am kinda werid about this, if something is interesting i'll pay very close attention and if it isn't i probably won't even really bother trying to pay attention, i can't force thngs into my mind. I have ADHD and well it's not so much about distraction as it is that my attention is divided between everything at once.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
"Wait... I know I walked into this room for a reason. What was it? I was going to get something. What was I going to get? Crap..."

"I'm halfway home! How did that happen? Did I teleport?"

"Oh... wow. A to-do list from eight months ago. I've done... half of these things."

"Ten minutes 'til I have to go. OK. I can spend just a couple minutes on my favorite sites... [a half hour later] Oh fuck. Oh fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck."

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Dude, I'm usually most easily distracted by my own thoughts. I've got ideas bouncing of my mind's wall constantly o_0 lol. A friend can be trying to talk to me about something that's important to them, but they can mention one thought, and my mind will go crazy with ideas just bouncing off that one thought. Sometimes it's so bad that I miss what my friend was actually saying. True story.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I hate it when someone is talking to me and suddenly my attention goes to the differents shades of his hair, and "what if he was blond?", "would it match with this green coat he's wearing today?". But while I'm thinking about these random things, I'm half aware of what the other people is talking, then I can reply when I have to.

Talking about that, I've learned how to capture the attention of people who daydream. You've to break the obvious.
Sometimes I'm talking to my mom and she's in the "automatic pilot". It's like:

Me: I was going to school today then it started raining...
Mom: Uhm
Me: So I remembered I forgot my umbrella in the red bag, then I had to stay at a cafeteria for one hour and a half...
Mom: Uhumm
Me: And I met a boy, maybe he's a trans, I don't know.. but I think I'm pregnant. With twins.
Mom: WHAT?!

Seriously. You should teach your friends ;)

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I get easily distracted, but it's more like I get stuck on one thing and forget what I was actually trying to focus on.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts