Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well im 17 been smoking since I was 13 lately I've been cutting down. But i still keep saying "eh screw it im too lazy to quit" and i just keep procrastinating and procrastinating. Im in good pyhisical health but i dont want to screw my lungs for the future.

·
Registered
815 Posts
My dad had been smoking for 25 years and had never been able to stop for more than a week or two at a time despite trying over and over and over. He got that e-cigarette and within only a few months he was able to get off of cigs completely. He hasn't smoke in quite some time now.

I know they are kind of pricey, and I'm not sure how old you have to be to buy them, but I think they are an amazing option for quitting if you can get them.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Maybe buy nicotine patches, or gradually cut how much you smoke per day. What's really important is to let your friends and family know what you're doing and how you're doing it, and encourage them to hold you accountable for your goals. Additionally, I would probably try to only smoke around friends who hate the fact that you smoke.

Reactions: Hardstyler

·
Registered
143 Posts
My ENFP boyfriend quit recently. An ENFP friend of his had started quitting already, so I guess that helped him. He tried cutting down, but that wasn't working as well as he had hoped. Then his friend that was quitting too gave him some niccotine patches and they helped alot.

Most of his friends don't smoke and neither do I, so that helps too. But even at work or at the pub where he used to smoke the most, there's always other people around that don't smoke, so he can always hang out with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
First things first, in order to quit you have to want to quit for yourself. When I used to smoke I would sometimes quit for a girlfriend but the minute we broke up or the relationship started to die I would start again. To actually quit, I told myself constantly that I have full control. Think of it like a battle that you want to win, smoking is failure. But if you do have one cigarette, don't give up. You may have lost a battle, but you can still win the war. Make that the last cigarette and keep quitting. Fight the urges to smoke, they will pass. Also, stop thinking of yourself as smoker. Imagine yourself not smoking in all situations where you used to smoke. Now I think it's weird that I used to smoke. I can't even see myself doing it. Just know that you are strong enough to do it, cause you are.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Try working some kava into your day. Chills people right down. Not addictive, no side effects as long as long don't over do it. It'll take the edge off, put it that way. You can get it in various pill/capsule forms and varying mg amounts.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi HaRdStYlEr,
I also started smoking at 13; I am 29 now and am currently quitting. I say currently because it has been two months, but I fall back once and awhile when I am out with friends. I am quitting because I FEEL IT, and it sucks! You are right, quit before you feel it! The advice given above my post was all great :) Two pieces of advice to add:
First, I had tried to quit many times and e-cigarettes are what helped me finally quit. I personally recommend blu cigs, also they are always listed in the top 5 best e-cigs on review sites, they are VERY affordable.
Second, know the places you always are and the people you are always with when you feel the need to smoke. In the car, right after school, with a certain friend. That is when you have to be very vigilant. The e-cigs help in the car a lot, also don't be afraid to ask friends and family to refrain from smoking around you, though parents can be tough.
I hope that helps :)
Good Luck!

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the support :D been good for 3 days gonna keep it that way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts