Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone has emotions buried deep inside them. Only a few special ones have the ability to reach into them. I'm sure these 5 mins will be worth much much more after you watch this video. TO WHAT LEVEL DO YOU RELATE TO THIS VIDEO?????/

P.S Pay attention to the colors...and the text underneath...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
The strong Green when him and his friend smiled and laughed, I really loved that part - Hard to explain it but I don't exactly feel "Green" but I know that feeling when I'm with my best friend.

Also the sudden Red/Orange on the skip a heart beat feelings, With those you love or hate.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
That was so cool! I wish we all had special boxes that make our feelings so apparent to the world. I think it would be easier to take care of each other if we knew what kind of effect we were really having on people.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I almost cried during this. The emotions shown as a whole convey sadness, and the travel from red to green to yellow to blue to purple to orange. love/hate, humility, courage, doubt, healing, aggression. Smoke resembling a boiling pot's boiling water, with steam coming out of the intensified emotion..Which is never hidden, as shown by this video.

Empathy.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I saw Sigur Ros in a church in 2001, we all sat in the pews and they played in the middle. After they started, I became afraid that one of my friends were going to turn and talk to me , as I had a large lump in my throat and all the hairs on my body were standing on end. The beautiful church acoustics and close proximity of the incredibly ethereal emotion filled music got me all choked up for 2 hours straight.

Later, I was silent when we were walking down the street and my friends excitedly talked about what we just witnessed, I couldn't think of words to describe what I felt and I just wanted to keep the feeling as long as I could. Identifying with his mannerisms and presence, I do remember thinking that the singer must be an infp like me.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Aren't you a demanding little bugger? How 'bout this? No. I'm not going to watch that video. Unfortunately for you, my ex liked that artist, and I forgot what they sounded like, and I can't get past the *squick* to even be reminded.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow... I can relate to that no doubt. Thats how you feel sometimes, like your emotions are creating an aura around you that cant be hidden even if you try. Did you see that split second before e closed the door when the aura went from intense crimson to a softer purple color?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The strong Green when him and his friend smiled and laughed, I really loved that part - Hard to explain it but I don't exactly feel "Green" but I know that feeling when I'm with my best friend.

Also the sudden Red/Orange on the skip a heart beat feelings, With those you love or hate.
I'm not really sure how the author of this video really choose his colors but I bet its something to do with being natural. You are very real when you're with ur friends and how earth is green when it is at its natural best.

Yes if you actually zone in on details its really creative and moving, when he shows around in his house and he says there is nothing much to show really, it blends into greenish blue signifying modesty. For True Feelers every single shade of color made sense, somehow.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There was a workstation here that experimented with wearing hats representing good, neutral, and bad moods a few years ago. I don't know what came of it though.

The song reminded me of some of Mew's songs, and some other artist I can't recall.

I think I prefer the way it is now. If I couldn't disguise myself people would pester me with questions they wouldn't want answered anyway. And those who matter know regardless.

Reactions: Alberiana

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That was so cool! I wish we all had special boxes that make our feelings so apparent to the world. I think it would be easier to take care of each other if we knew what kind of effect we were really having on people.
That is a brilliant concept. The world would not like that because it would make them feel exposed and there would be almost no room for manipulations, politics, power because it would be so obvious to everyone how the person feels about what he/she is doing. But I guess we like that kind of dream world.

I almost cried during this. The emotions shown as a whole convey sadness, and the travel from red to green to yellow to blue to purple to orange. love/hate, humility, courage, doubt, healing, aggression. Smoke resembling a boiling pot's boiling water, with steam coming out of the intensified emotion..Which is never hidden, as shown by this video.

Empathy.
I showed it to a friend and he related to a breakup he had 2 years ago, about which he was completely over with. But after seeing the video he barely talked to me that whole day. The video had reached so deep within him. Although I shouldn't be saying this at the expense of other people's feelings, but it is genius work.

Reactions: Angel1412kaitou

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There was a workstation here that experimented with wearing hats representing good, neutral, and bad moods a few years ago. I don't know what came of it though.

The song reminded me of some of Mew's songs, and some other artist I can't recall.

I think I prefer the way it is now. If I couldn't disguise myself people would pester me with questions they wouldn't want answered anyway. And those who matter know regardless.
It's somewhat similar to keeping a diary. You can't stand it if anyone else gets their hands on it, but on the other hand its a different story if you're handed a diary for every person that you ever met. Curiosity Kills.

Wow... I can relate to that no doubt. Thats how you feel sometimes, like your emotions are creating an aura around you that cant be hidden even if you try. Did you see that split second before e closed the door when the aura went from intense crimson to a softer purple color?
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. We live in our emotions, without them we're just lifeless dolls.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It's somewhat similar to keeping a diary. You can't stand it if anyone else gets their hands on it, but on the other hand its a different story if you're handed a diary for every person that you ever met. Curiosity Kills.
I give everyone the option to read it. Most people just don't want to.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I give everyone the option to read it. Most people just don't want to.
Really? Then in that case you're really different. I think I'm a bit self conscious and hence will hesitate before allowing someone to read it. But if someone does ever read, its not the end of the world (like it is for some ppl) since I'm not ashamed of anything that goes on in my head. That's really weird though and you know what you're not the only one, I was reading someone biography and he mentioned that people write diaries because deep down they really want it read sometime by someone else. I'm not sure if that's the case with you...but its good that you're comfortable with that...you don't really have to keep track of where you kept that book.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I gotta admit... the music was kind of irritating, but it probably impacted how I felt for him, especially each time the colors changed drastically. I wanted to cry, but, I guess I didn't. xD

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I'm not really sure how the author of this video really choose his colors but I bet its something to do with being natural. You are very real when you're with ur friends and how earth is green when it is at its natural best.

Yes if you actually zone in on details its really creative and moving, when he shows around in his house and he says there is nothing much to show really, it blends into greenish blue signifying modesty. For True Feelers every single shade of color made sense, somehow.

What I find interesting, however, is that when asked to associate colors with feelings, most people do not use this kind of system.

Most do it this way:

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Boy, do I feel out of place right now! I just kind of stumbled around and found myself here, and now we're talking about crying over colours?

I would be very worried if we all started wearing boxes like that, partly because of my fear of vulnerability and also because people could learn how to use the boxes to manipulate or bully others. It would become easier to spot signs of weakness and, in turn, find out how to make a person feel really horrible. It might stop a lot of problems in INFP-land, but in the real world, people can be cruel.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Boy, do I feel out of place right now! I just kind of stumbled around and found myself here, and now we're talking about crying over colours?

I would be very worried if we all started wearing boxes like that, partly because of my fear of vulnerability and also because people could learn how to use the boxes to manipulate or bully others. It would become easier to spot signs of weakness and, in turn, find out how to make a person feel really horrible. It might stop a lot of problems in INFP-land, but in the real world, people can be cruel.

Crap you're right, and a couple of days too late. Everyone gets their boxes next week. :(

·
Registered
615 Posts
It was a wonderful video, I liked it a lot. However, my emotions didn't act up the way I was hoping they would.
My color system is:
Blue- Peace, Depth, Calmness
Green-Acceptance, Unique Individuality, Turtles
Red- Passion of both good and bad
Pink- crush, embarrassment in a cute way.
Purple- Reserved, mysterious, intuitive, and regal.
White- Purity, innocence, beginnings
Black- Death, despair, Emotional turmoil
Grey- Nothing, bland, depression.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts