Personality Cafe banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
MBTI: INTJ Enneagram: sp 8 853
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The apparent prevalence of irrational and incompetent people used to frustrate me. This fact is particularly annoying when I have to suffer the consequence of someone else's mistake. I suppose many INTJ and INTP also developed the disdain for human inefficiency, emotionality and cognitive biases at a young age.

My question is: have you come to peace with the omnipresent irrational, incompetent people and their seemingly chaotic behaviour? If so, how did you finally reconcile with this imperfect world? Did something big happen or was it a subtle and gradual process?

Nowadays I'm fairly content with the current state of affairs. I guess for many people ignorance is indeed bliss and they don't have the resources and time to learn. I also feel thankful that many people are never as rational as the economists assume they should be. They don't consider all available information objectively and calmly, instead they choose to follow the most familiar/recent/politically correct/emotionally appealing/statistically salient source of information. They procrastinate all the time and suffer from over-confidence. If everyone is smarter and more competent than me, making money would obviously be much more difficult.

·
Registered
INTP
6,908 Posts
I think this type of disdain is something that is more commonly held by INTJs, not INTPs.

As an INTP, my disdain is usually more toward the systems that govern the world, and the fact that humans are the one thing that make the systems imperfect. I don't usually judge individuals negatively, but can always find flaws in the systems that we live under.

I have learned to stop caring, but I do not know how I learned it. I think perhaps part of my path was the realisation that I am not perfect, so I am really part of the problem. If I am not perfect, than how can I expect the world to be perfect? So now I see the imperfection as a universal constant and treat it as such, rater than treating it as a thing that needs to be altered or solved.

·
Registered
ENTJ 8w9
2,041 Posts
A world full of imperfections is a world full of opportunities.

Don't just make peace with it. If you believe yourself being more competent than others, then use these abilities to improve the situation.
There is always something that you can do and that is usually a very "rational" strategy under many contexts.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
All humans are flawed, hence flawed systems. Since INTs are human, they too are flawed so any system they create will also be flawed or at minimum, capable of being corrupted.

·
Registered
497 Posts
For me, I looked into biases humans in general have(Including me). So it is pretty much impossible to have a perfect system. Then thought about why the system is the way it is and if I have a better alternative. Considering all that it makes more sense to not care about it unless you can change the system(through power or ideas), although I am only half way through all that. So I am not fully able to cope up with it as of now. Usually considering factors such as nepotism, stealing of ideas, charm being more important than real competence it is highly unlikely that capable person would ever reach such level of influence, although few exceptions do exist(e.g. when person has competence with those factors I mentioned).

·
Registered
Nemophilist
2,514 Posts
My question is: have you come to peace with the omnipresent irrational, incompetent people and their seemingly chaotic behaviour? If so, how did you finally reconcile with this imperfect world? Did something big happen or was it a subtle and gradual process?
Somewhat. I have come to peace with the fact that it will always exist. My biggest error of naiveté and criticism was expecting it's possible to eradicate "imperfection", or that a seemingly objective perfection was a worthwhile goal (rather than a destructive one), whether aimed within or without.

The way I've reconciled it is to recognize that the origin is usually to make something specifically "better" about the world, and that's a useful desire. My obligation then is to focus any anger on what is within my power to change, and to develop in a way that allows me to make those changes as competently as I can. It's been a gradual process with many fits and starts, leaps and regressions. As messy and chaotic as ever.

·
Registered
INTJ, 1w9 sx/sp, 174 Tritype
3,018 Posts
If the world is gonna be all perfect, it would lose It's meaning and purpose of existence.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,613 Posts
The apparent prevalence of irrational and incompetent people used to frustrate me. This fact is particularly annoying when I have to suffer the consequence of someone else's mistake. I suppose many INTJ and INTP also developed the disdain for human inefficiency, emotionality and cognitive biases at a young age.

Nowadays I'm fairly content with the current state of affairs. I guess for many people ignorance is indeed bliss and they don't have the resources and time to learn. I also feel thankful that many people are never as rational as the economists assume they should be. They don't consider all available information objectively and calmly, instead they choose to follow the most familiar/recent/politically correct/emotionally appealing/statistically salient source of information. They procrastinate all the time and suffer from over-confidence. If everyone is smarter and more competent than me, making money would obviously be much more difficult.
The world is what it is. Filled with variety and variance. You'll never be in a position where you won't have to deal with some irrational and incompetent people. That's just part of existence. I embrace the notion that everyone has something to contribute.

·
Registered
10,352 Posts
Sounds way more F to care so much. I think most Ts accept the world for what it is. We may not like everything but we accept it is what it is. Usually?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts