Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I came across this:

Does a woman's beauty peak at 29? Men reveal what they REALLY think of 'cougars', grey hair, and sex as we age

Men believe a woman’s beauty peaks at 29, but are most seductive at age 30, according to a new survey on aging.

To find out how U.S. men and women feel about a woman's changing looks, the effects of plastic surgery, and whether sex gets better with age, Allure polled 2,000 people nationwide.

Interestingly, however, women believe their beauty peaks at 31 - but agree with men that 30 is the most seductive age for a woman.

According to the survey, men are the most confident in bed between the ages of 50 and 69, while women experience their peak of sexual confidence between age 18 and 29.

As Fashionista pointed out: Alec Baldwin is 54, while his new wife Hilaria is 28.

While 57per cent of the men and women polled agreed that sex gets better with age, only a third of male baby boomers said they were attracted to women their own age.

When it comes to dating older women, however, 36per cent of men aged between 18 and 29 say that 'cougars are hot'.
The fact that women are under more pressure to look young than men are was a unanimous decision - 84per cent of men and 91per cent of women say that society promotes 'youth equals beauty' for woman, more than men.

And, perhaps logically, only 34per cent of men are worried about the physical signs of aging - compared to 56per cent of women.

And with grey hair: When it's on women, the top associated word was 'old.' But grey hair on men is seen as 'distinguished.'

Interestingly, 63per cent of men color their hair to look younger, compared to only 36per cent of women.

Overall, 70per cent of men and women say they take non-invasive anti-aging measures, and only one per cent of men and women admit to getting cosmetic surgery, injections and/or laser treatments.

Meanwhile 42per cent of women would consider anti-aging injections or plastic surgery, and only 18per cent of men would.

Sources:
Men Believe Female Beauty Peaks At Age 29

Does a woman's beauty peak at 29? Men reveal what they REALLY think of 'cougars', grey hair, and sex as we age | Mail Online

Thoughts?

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
Maybe we should stop measuring a woman's worth by her beauty and obsessing over how women look and how men feel about it. Why don't they do a survey on "how men and women feel about a man's changing looks"?

Anyway, if you marry the right person they will think you're beautiful even when you're old and wrinkly, because they will love you for who you are, not for what you look like.

·
Banned
3,913 Posts
My gf tells me indeed that she felt most pretty when she was 31 (she is 33 now). I think a women is at her best so to speak around the age of 30 (it seem that they got rid of a lot of insecurities around that age which I find rather attractive). But...when I was 25 (I am 32 now), I thought girls around the age of 25 were at their peak. So when I am 45, I might think that women reach their peak when their 40. I think preference change along with your own aging process.

The girl I am seeing right now is Asian and she looks rather young. These people are just blessed with perfect skin and are more refinement in their face when pretty (the latter is personal of course). I think she looks best right now since she is less skinny than before. Now she has big boobs and a nice ass to match if I may be so blunt and shallow. She is terrified of greying and getting fat.

@thismustbetheplace I think it's not only related to age only. I find true confidence very attractive and mostly that comes with age. I have to say that looks weren't the decisive factors to date her, it was her charm. Charm is timeless though. I guess it's a mix of so many things to makes you feel attracted to another person...

Edit:

I am super confident in bed and I don't see a lot of room for improvement *flexes muscles*and I am way not near the age of 50. Aging is something I don't mind but then again I am fortunate that I am in good shape without having to really work for it. (And moisturizers by Clinique are miracle workers xD)

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Wise men understand that looks fade over the years. Therefore, they seek to find long-lasting qualities in women, instead of shallow beauty standards. It's a shame that so many women choose not to cultivate those qualities, presuming instead that they will coast by off their looks forever.

Our society has gotten better about telling women that youthful beauty isn't everything, but has fallen short on encouraging healthy long-lasting qualities in its stead.

·
Maid of Time
14,749 Posts
If it matters, before I ever saw this article, I was telling people I was celebrating my 29th birthday this year [for the 17th time or something].

I just want a girl who exercises and doesn't weigh more than me.

Is that too much to ask?
Uh.... how much do you weigh again?

I mean, what's the range we're working with here? :laughing:

·
Maid of Time
14,749 Posts
They say women age like milk and men age like wine but I disagree. Men get big bellies, gray, receding hair lines, skin damage, etc.
And don't forget all those wiry long hairs that stick out of their nose and ears. Very endearing. :tongue:

I think aging is pretty individual -- not just the physical but the mental and emotional as well. There are some people who look and act far older than they actually are, and there are older people who are surprisingly young in appearance and/or spirit.

·
Banned
14,145 Posts
And don't forget all those wiry long hairs that stick out of their nose and ears. Very endearing. :tongue:
omg! the ears! don't get me started! lolol!!!
I've met some guys that I'm not sure if they've even noticed!

poor guys :/

Reactions: Jennywocky

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've read thoughts on this article on a few other forums and it is argued that men actually think women reach their best looks between 18-21. I think this can be true in the case with a lot of women, but not every woman. Especially when they have kids young, they become heavier, their hormones change, get look more tired and prioritize their kid before looking hot, which this can be a bonus to having kids later in life.

As for myself, I was not very pretty until a few years after high school. When I was 18 to 21, I was extremely thin, (83 lbs, couldn't gain weight), pasty white because I was quite a recluse to I didn't get out in the sun, I had no idea what I was doing hair and makeup wise, and I certainly dressed plain and boring. Then around age 22 I learned how to work with my looks a lot better and I filled out in the boobs, butt, and hips and learned better personal style. I'm 29 and I think I look 10x better than I did when I was 18.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
I've read thoughts on this article on a few other forums and it is argued that men actually think women reach their best looks between 18-21. I think this can be true in the case with a lot of women, but not every woman. Especially when they have kids young, they become heavier, their hormones change, get look more tired and prioritize their kid before looking hot, which this can be a bonus to having kids later in life.

As for myself, I was not very pretty until a few years after high school. When I was 18 to 21, I was extremely thin, (83 lbs, couldn't gain weight), pasty white because I was quite a recluse to I didn't get out in the sun, I had no idea what I was doing hair and makeup wise, and I certainly dressed plain and boring. Then around age 22 I learned how to work with my looks a lot better and I filled out in the boobs, butt, and hips and learned better personal style. I'm 29 and I think I look 10x better than I did when I was 18.
I think that for every person, they become most physically attractive when they feel it the most. For some people it will be at sixteen, for another at forty-three.

You sounded a lot like I was at the same age. I wasn't emaciated but if I was a girl I wouldn't have given myself a second look. It wasn't until my second year in college that things really turned around for me in terms of looks. It may feel different because I'm a guy, but I can assure you that more guys worry about how they look than they're willing to admit. If you live in a western or westernish country (The U.S., Latin America, Canada, the U.K., Italy, France, etc) you're constantly aware of how you look and there is something that's mass produced and targeted to make you wonder how you measure up. Don't believe me? Go to a gym and watch young guys look at the cover of Men's Health magazine and see the brows furrow as they wonder how to get a dehydrated look all day, everyday.

Confidence and comfort, I think, is the true barometer for when a person comes off as most attractive/sexy/alluring during their lives.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
If it matters, before I ever saw this article, I was telling people I was celebrating my 29th birthday this year [for the 17th time or something].

Uh.... how much do you weigh again?

I mean, what's the range we're working with here? :laughing:
Please weigh less than 150lbs.

At all times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think I felt most "pretty" at 28 (before motherhood). I'm now 32 but 7 months pregnant with child #2. If I can establish a regular exercise routine post-partum, I think I'd probably gain all of my superficial confidence again. That being said, my husband is 8 years younger than I, yet appears older. o_O

1 - 20 of 205 Posts