Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Statistically speaking women are more likely to be born F types than T types.

That being said, how do you female ENTP feel about...well...being born ENTP?

How do you feel you relate to other females and how do you feel you relate to other males.

How do you generally see yourselves as fitting into the world and what do you think about traditional role that females are supposed to fit into?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Not even going to bullshit, I feel like I'm better than most females for it. I can make decisions based off of logic instead of emotions, I don't let emotions run me. I can surprise men with my intellect and wit. I'm different, unique.

It's very arrogant and romanticized, I know but that's how I see it and that goes the same for all NT women.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Not even going to bullshit, I feel like I'm better than most females for it. I can make decisions based off of logic instead of emotions, I don't let emotions run me. I can surprise men with my intellect and wit. I'm different, unique.

It's very arrogant and romanticized, I know but that's how I see it and that goes the same for all NT women.
Pretty much my thoughts on it as well.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I didn't know what MB was until I was 35 or so, so the fact that I got on better with men than women was just something that was me. I attributed it to having three brothers.
I've never been into girly stuff, cliques and clothes...you know. I had always been interested in how things work and done my own electrical/building stuff at home. I was never oversensitive, and felt that many women were. I have always felt like a bit of a misfit in the female world, yeah. I never wanted to change to fit in though.

I've got better at relating to women as I've got older. Having kids is quite a leveller, and you can't escape your gender then.....

·
Registered
479 Posts
A lot of women are wayyyy too emotional for me. And clingy! I'm extremely independent and most women are very clannish, I notice, and dependent on their friends and significant others. I have a lot of friends and care about them, but my self-worth doesn't depend on them.

As far as traditional roles... I don't do traditional roles. :) I'm self-sufficient, I don't take shit, and I sure as hell don't need a man to take care of me. I'm pretty much always the dominant one in a relationship... I like men who worship me. :proud: And I have a firm (possibly unreasonable) dislike of housewives because they have no interest in personal accomplishment or self-sufficiency.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Eugh... emotions...
I don't know, I've always been able to get along better with boys than girls (once I stopped being afraid of the opposite gender that is... I was an odd child). I am much more logical than many females I know and I'm incredibly thankful for that. It means that I can solve problems while remaining somewhat detached, which I love.
I'm the only female in my family that doesn't completely break down when something nasty happens (normally centering around my father...). I've never been one to care much for clothes, make up, popularity, etc., and I'm incredibly glad I don't have to suffer all of those demands as much as other girls seem to. Oh, also, celebrity gossip... never really got that...
On the other hand, I've become pretty good with small talk and associating more with those from my gender. While I may not always be on the same level emotionally as they are, I can sympathize and reflect how they feel.
As far as gender roles (they were mentioned so I thought I might compare my thoughts on that), I can't say that I mind them terribly. I like being with a guy who's stronger than me (though I make it understood that that's simply an advantage he's born with... if i were a guy I could totally kick his ass) and treats me to a certain extent like a girl. Still, I get peeved when he tries to pay for movies and whatnot... so I suppose I accept some of the roles and reject others.
Long and the short of it is that I love being born an ENTP and would change a single letter. I mean, don't you just feel sorry for the other types? (Though it wouldn't be too too bad to be an INTJ I suppose...)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Statistically speaking women are more likely to be born F types than T types.

That being said, how do you female ENTP feel about...well...being born ENTP?

How do you feel you relate to other females and how do you feel you relate to other males.

How do you generally see yourselves as fitting into the world and what do you think about traditional role that females are supposed to fit into?
No better type to be =P

I mean, I honestly can't imagine being an F type and having to deal with emotions and feelings. I don't really relate to other females well, although there are a few good girlfriends I have. Guys are easier lol.

As for how I see myself fitting into the wrold? Honestly I will just do whatever I want. I think I'm at an advantage because I don't take crap from people, including men, and I'm independent. I'm not afraid to argue, I'm not afraid of hurting peoples feelings, I'm not afraid to call BS when I see it. Traditional roles can be left to traditional people.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your perspectives are quite interesting. Hahaha I guess there need to be more ENTP women out there then! I wonder if one of my female friends is an ENTP because we hit it off right from the start...Alot of females tend to say the line "I get a long better with guys" nowadays but few mean it. But I see from her behavior more than anything that it's a fact. She's also got that Ne randomness but I don't know that I see Ti...as much...She makes odd decisions at times. But I do notice a disconnect from her feelings...until guys she likes come around...hmm...

Wow, me too!!
LMFAO...The randomness of you popping into this thread and making that simple reply...priceless...Thankyou for giving me my laugh of the morning!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I love being an ENTP but I'm kind of sick of what it does to my romantic life. I just cannot stand to hide my intelligence and independence just to get a guy, so I have none.
Those of you who say that is not the case are younger. When you are younger, the guy overlooks your independence and superior intelligence because you are sexy. You get to be my age and all they see is a 43yr old woman who is more independant and intelligent than them. Then they respond in one of two ways they are turned off because you intimidate them or they think you are going to be willing to take care of them. Ha!! :crazy: So dating gets harder for female ENTP's as they get older. The good news is you tend to care less and less about it because, after all, you are independant.
Other than that, I love it. I agree with other posts. Most other females with their emotionality drive me nuts. Also, the whole needy housewife live for your spouse thing is beyond me.
I have a question, what does an ENTP female do when she is some religion that makes her be subjected to a man. For instance, what would a female ENTP in the FLDS or in Islam do. FLSD,that's the mormon offshoot cult where the men marry 20 or so women who worship the ground they walk on and keep their hair long so they can wash their husband's feet with it in heaven.
Anyway...
Some people watch horror flicks. I just watch documentaries on women being subjugated or abused when I want a fear/repulsion rush.:angry: I mean I'd rather get infested with extraterestrial worms than have to wash a man's feet with my hair because the prophet told me to.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Your perspectives are quite interesting. Hahaha I guess there need to be more ENTP women out there then! I wonder if one of my female friends is an ENTP because we hit it off right from the start...Alot of females tend to say the line "I get a long better with guys" nowadays but few mean it. But I see from her behavior more than anything that it's a fact. She's also got that Ne randomness but I don't know that I see Ti...as much...She makes odd decisions at times. But I do notice a disconnect from her feelings...until guys she likes come around...hmm...

LMFAO...The randomness of you popping into this thread and making that simple reply...priceless...Thankyou for giving me my laugh of the morning!
For me I think its more about interests than gender when it comes to getting along with guys vs girls. I have met both shallow men and shallow women....And I don't really have much to say to either of them. Their interests seem superficial and unimportant to me, and my interests seem boring or incomprehensible to them. I just meet more guys that share my interests than girls.

I have two female best friends, one is an INTJ. We can sit up for hours and have intellectual conversations about anything from science to philosophy, psychology, religion, law, and any combination of those. My other best friend is an ENFP. If I need somebody to make sense of emotions or people, she's the one I call, and she's always up for some fun and random Ne craziness.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For me I think its more about interests than gender when it comes to getting along with guys vs girls. I have met both shallow men and shallow women....And I don't really have much to say to either of them. Their interests seem superficial and unimportant to me, and my interests seem boring or incomprehensible to them. I just meet more guys that share my interests than girls.

I have two female best friends, one is an INTJ. We can sit up for hours and have intellectual conversations about anything from science to philosophy, psychology, religion, law, and any combination of those. My other best friend is an ENFP. If I need somebody to make sense of emotions or people, she's the one I call, and she's always up for some fun and random Ne craziness.
LOL. That's funny because my interests seem boring or incomprehensible to most people I encounter male or female. There definitely are some shallow people within both genders. I have one male friend that as soon as I start hanging out with, which is rare, I have literally nothing to say to and then he'll start pummeling me with his random sex stories as if I care. My brain literally shuts off at some point when we hang out.

Guess it makes sense though, statistically speaking, that you'd be drawn more so to guys.

Theres something i've been wondering about though. One would think that Female ENTP's would at least be more in touch with or free with their emotions. I remember I was a bit of a crybaby until I got to elementary school then I learned real quick to stop that.

How do you see yourself as comparing to male ENTP's in that aspect and in general?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Yeah...I took a dance class my senior year of high school and in the locker room, the only discussions going on consisted of celebrity gossip (don't care), hair and make up stuff (still don't care), or one girl having relationship problems because her boyfriend slept with so and so and now she's interfering and blah blah blah and the other girls are providing nothing but sympathy. If I jump in and say break up with him he's an ass, I'm accused of being rude and insensitive >.<

I think that society gives me more "permission" to be emotional, so I'm not being forced to suppress them, but in general, I'm not an emotional person and I'm not entirely sure how to deal with them anyway. Emotions are irrational, and having a strong Ti, I just end up analyzing them, which doesn't really work. I guess I'm still trying to figure out how to put some sort of bridge between the T/F split, how to deal with emotions in a rational way. I certainly do not allow them to govern my behavior or make decisions for me.

I imagine it would be even more difficult for guy ENTP's since there's not only the T/F split, but also a society saying that men are supposed to be "tough".

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Theres something i've been wondering about though. One would think that Female ENTP's would at least be more in touch with or free with their emotions. I remember I was a bit of a crybaby until I got to elementary school then I learned real quick to stop that.

How do you see yourself as comparing to male ENTP's in that aspect and in general?
Growing up most of my friends were girls (and F types). It wasn't until college that I really shifted to having mostly male friends. And I think it's common for ENTP's to emulate others as a learning process - so actually as a girl, surrounded by feminine influence, I did "act" girly in some situations - but then again I was always the Strong, Rational, Emotionally Tough one in any group of friends. Compared to male ENTPs? I think my gender probably has defined a lot of the differences. I think I'm more mellow, more sympathetic than the stereotypical ENTP. And growing up, this was a good way to be - actually, I STILL put on my softer, more feminine act when I'm dealing with superiors or anyone like that. See what I mean, how it's in a girl's favour to act feminine to some extent.

As far as being in touch with my emotions, well I'm not good with that at all. I don't think my gender's helped me in that area. Recently I've learned how to feel genuinely understanding of others' emotions and their differences. I still feel superior to most people, but I'm not as blatantly egotistical about it as I used to be. That might be a girl thing, I don't know. I think it's my Fe!

·
Registered
149 Posts
When I was a kid I played around more with the boys, they dared to do braver things than girls would ever do. A bit growing up, the boys called me big boss 'cause... I don't know why... well, I was not minding at all for running with them even if my shorts torn apart, we played video games, and laughed over my perverse jokes.

For the whole of my life, I realize I am less sensitive to others, some girls cried for their broken hearts, but I coldly responded "everything will be fine".

I can say I am independent, I can go on without others, let's see... it's okay if the whole world hate, but it is good if the whole world love me. Wow! Lol. I am somehow uncomfortable when somebody asks "why would you go alone?" complemented with and expression of "Damn!"... so what, I can go anywhere I want and none tell me what should or should not I do.

Some guys seemed to get irritated by me at the first time we met, I beat them on our debates. I didn't do that on purpose, but there were accidentally popping out some topics, and I just confronted them because I thought they were wrong and I was right, I defended my arguments, I couldn't help it then the next day, they didn't even text or call me anymore.

Some male friends in High School also used to call me psychotic woman ... I think they kinda exaggerated it... 'cause I used to speak the things and theories they didn't really know about, and I believed they actually were amazed, but their prides were larger than their acceptance, so they just kept making fun of that.

Since I resharpened my introverted sensing and thinking, it was getting easier to lose weight without diet plan, pills, etc.
Don't know how to describe...
I just now somehow think and sense to myself this or that ... is enough, so stop, and I do, very easy.

I don't follow the mainstream fashion, I just wear and use what I think comfortable and feel good to look. No matter it is from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s etc. And I'm glad people see me as classic chic, yet can be timeless glamorous.

I don't prefer particular artists for music. I like the good songs, 'cause if they're good they'll be just good forever no matter what the genre is, who sings it, what era it came from, etc. Even, Michael Jackson, to me, did not make all his songs hit the board (of my version), even though he has more of hits than many other artists.

I watch National geographic channel 'cause there are so many things to know more perfectly from those videos, the contents are very good, the languages clear, and the picture shoots are awesome. Pretty much helpful to be one of the sources I can gather the data with others I've found, make my own analysis, and gain my knowledge and insight. However, NGC is one of those perfect source to gain information, it is not the perfect place to learn everything, I still find some wrongs and misinterpretation NGC makes, though not so much, I can criticize . I also watch America's Next Top Model (also Britain's, Canada's, Australia's), because there are plenty I can criticize about their expression, creativity, sensing and intuition of being models (and I get "free" lesson of modeling yet modeling photography too).

Can the difference be told from my point of view?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think I'm more mellow, more sympathetic than the stereotypical ENTP. And growing up, this was a good way to be - actually, I STILL put on my softer, more feminine act when I'm dealing with superiors or anyone like that. See what I mean, how it's in a girl's favour to act feminine to some extent.

As far as being in touch with my emotions, well I'm not good with that at all. I don't think my gender's helped me in that area. Recently I've learned how to feel genuinely understanding of others' emotions and their differences. I still feel superior to most people, but I'm not as blatantly egotistical about it as I used to be. That might be a girl thing, I don't know. I think it's my Fe!
I was raised by women and although I have to say they seem a bit distant emotionally I am still a fairly sympathetic person. That's interesting though...you basically seem to be kind of a female opportunist. If you need to put on the female charm to get what you want then you use it...it seems like perhaps femininity is a tool huh?

It's interesting though how even female ENTP's aren't necessarily in touch with their emotions. I thought it might of just been a guy thing but perhaps its more of a personality thing...I think i'm starting to become more understanding of others myself. I've never been too egotistical (although I have my moment especially when theorizing or talking about personal beliefs). But I always thought I was smarter than most and while I still think I am i'm starting to at least understand others more in a whole new way that I hadn't before.

Yeah...I took a dance class my senior year of high school and in the locker room, the only discussions going on consisted of celebrity gossip (don't care), hair and make up stuff (still don't care), or one girl having relationship problems because her boyfriend slept with so and so and now she's interfering and blah blah blah and the other girls are providing nothing but sympathy. If I jump in and say break up with him he's an ass, I'm accused of being rude and insensitive
It's funny that a female would be accused of being rude and insensitive in that situation. I've had situations where a male friend will be going out with a female friend and when they fought the male friend would usually have done something highly insensitive and ridiculous (and it happened on more than one occasion). If i'd tell them to break up with them I wouldn't be called rude or insensitive. I'd be considered logical but then they'd still figure out a reason why they should stay.

I wonder if the reaction you get is because your female and are expected to be sympathetic...hmm...

Emotions are irrational, and having a strong Ti, I just end up analyzing them, which doesn't really work. I guess I'm still trying to figure out how to put some sort of bridge between the T/F split, how to deal with emotions in a rational way. I certainly do not allow them to govern my behavior or make decisions for me.
That's exactly my train of thought word for word haha.

I imagine it would be even more difficult for guy ENTP's since there's not only the T/F split, but also a society saying that men are supposed to be "tough".
I wonder. It's natural to think and I was thinking that too but I dunno. Seems like it'd be harder for females in terms of being expected to be emotional and what not. I'm fairly sympathetic (when I need to be) and I doubt few would see me as insensitive even though i'm probably less sensitive than most. I guess for guys theres more shame or guilt associated with expressing emotions...and for ENTP males if we're ever in situations that force us to show emotions it hits us extra hard and we wonder why we cracked under the pressure.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Well, pretty much same for me!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I was raised by women and although I have to say they seem a bit distant emotionally I am still a fairly sympathetic person. That's interesting though...you basically seem to be kind of a female opportunist. If you need to put on the female charm to get what you want then you use it...it seems like perhaps femininity is a tool huh?

It's interesting though how even female ENTP's aren't necessarily in touch with their emotions. I thought it might of just been a guy thing but perhaps its more of a personality thing...I think i'm starting to become more understanding of others myself. I've never been too egotistical (although I have my moment especially when theorizing or talking about personal beliefs). But I always thought I was smarter than most and while I still think I am i'm starting to at least understand others more in a whole new way that I hadn't before.

It's funny that a female would be accused of being rude and insensitive in that situation. I've had situations where a male friend will be going out with a female friend and when they fought the male friend would usually have done something highly insensitive and ridiculous (and it happened on more than one occasion). If i'd tell them to break up with them I wouldn't be called rude or insensitive. I'd be considered logical but then they'd still figure out a reason why they should stay.

I wonder if the reaction you get is because your female and are expected to be sympathetic...hmm...

That's exactly my train of thought word for word haha.

I wonder. It's natural to think and I was thinking that too but I dunno. Seems like it'd be harder for females in terms of being expected to be emotional and what not. I'm fairly sympathetic (when I need to be) and I doubt few would see me as insensitive even though i'm probably less sensitive than most. I guess for guys theres more shame or guilt associated with expressing emotions...and for ENTP males if we're ever in situations that force us to show emotions it hits us extra hard and we wonder why we cracked under the pressure.
Yeah, there is kind of an expectation for me to be more....girly or show more feminine traits...Gentleness, gracefulness, nurturing etc. I'm pretty much the opposite. I'm not about to coddle and coo over a kid that hurt itself. My response is more like "Well, you shouldn't have been climbing on that!".

My dad is more on the traditional side and it growing up, I think it frustrated him that I wanted nothing to do with girly stuff and was not more quiet and submissive. Even to this day, I don't wear skirts or dresses unless I'm actually going somewhere formal. They just get in the way.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Joys. Reading this thread doesn't make me feel like a social outcast. Traits of a lot of other personalities puzzle me, and I really really don't understand: small talk, girly talk, reality TV. With the latter, WHY? Do they like being brainwashed? Or made to feel that anyone with zero talent can become rich and famous. Really, what's up with these people, do they have beans for brains?

I like the idea of watching them for "research" purposes. Wish I could be paid to do something like that, such as how they are the scourge of society. Then I could really vent.

Anyway I'm adding nothing to this thread so I'll shut up. I'm only about 10% E so I surely can't count myself.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts