Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well...er... I'm probably not the best person to ask, for sometimes I think I'm flirting and it's not getting across, and sometimes I'm trying not to and some jealous female boils up and screams at me for messing with "her" man. (leaving me confused--talking about something like plate tectonics is "flirting?" okie dokie) Or the guy says, deadly serious, "I love my wife," which is the only time it dawns on me he has been reading me wrong. (Or I've been pitching wrong or whatever)

But in my clearly clumsy, inept way that doesn't work the way I intend at least half the time, I use humor. Here's me flirting with a man: I use eye contact, I make jokes, I smile, I ask if he'd like a drink, I say "we should get together sometime and _____" (Eek, just realized I said that today and did not intend it as a flirt. damn.) Women also seem to touch their hair when flirting. If she's twirling a lock of hair around a finger and smiling, buy the condoms, dude, you're there.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I really don't. I could be wrong though.

Maybe by making an effort to talk to someone, but sometimes I do this even when I'm not flirting.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have a hard enough time differentiating between amicability and actual interest as it is.
You will find it even harder with me. That's just how I operate. Even when I do flirt, I do it in such a way that nobody understands my intentions.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I don't really flirt either. But if I go out of my way to make time for you, that's a good indication that I'm at least interested in you as a person, maybe not romantically, but I don't make time for just anyone. I need the mental connection with someone before I'm ever able to make a romantic connection. Win my head and my heart just might follow.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
​fuuuuck
The good news is... You can always be direct with an INTJ female. I wouldn't feel awkward around you after the fact even if I have to reject you. I'm a firm believer in: Awkwardness is all in your head.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't flirt really. Hah! J/K. If I have no interest I simply don't talk. But if I do then I would approach the person of interest and spark a conversation since I'm really good at it.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
Me being friendly: teasing a guy from time to time, putting him in his place, having interesting discussions, thinking about him, maybe he will catch me looking at him (ie trying to study him to figure out how to be friends) but it usually comes with a level of distance, and I might talk for a bit and then withdraw, keeping the distance there.

With some one I really like: I go out of my way to make time to spend with them, and really enjoy it when I do. Also I can get totally absorbed and amazed in watching them, in focusing on random details about them (what their hands look like, the way they hold themselves, in essence, memorizing who they are). If you're lucky you might catch me with a silly, dreamy look on my face as I'm staring at you, admiring you. At that point you know you have some hope :-D .

·
Registered
11,424 Posts
i don't flirt. but i tease people i like. i kind of gently make fun of them, basically. it's a sign that i've paid enough attention to you to notice something about you, and i like you well enough to let you in on my attention to you. but it applies to anyone. i tease anyone i feel kindly towards, so i don't know if it helps.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I have a hard enough time differentiating between amicability and actual interest as it is.
My INTJ sister has never flirted in her life :kitteh: you would have to engage her with deep meaningful conversation to even catch her interest. That being said I really have no idea I was raised in a household comprising of 100% INTJ females and I have never once seen any of them flirt. :mellow:

·
Registered
357 Posts
Women also seem to touch their hair when flirting. If she's twirling a lock of hair around a finger and smiling, buy the condoms, dude, you're there.
Please, I play with my hair when someone is explaining concepts to me. I also do it when I'm bored, as in the apartment viewing with this old ass dude in an extremely shady apartment building. Good thing neither my friends nor that dude have whipped out condoms yet. In the former case I smile because sometimes something amusing comes up and latter to show I'm listening (I'm not).

Reactions: Zuflex

·
Registered
205 Posts
In my friendships with INTJ females, I'd have to echo what @Blacktide said -- I've never once seen them flirt. One of them has been my best friend for 15 years, too, lol. I would imagine, however, that flirting would include her personalized brand of awkward humor; she ultimately married an ISTP who shares that same awkwardness. It's awesome.

The other INTJ I don't know nearly as well, but for her it might be simply deep discussions and maybe wit. But yeah, they're a pretty say-what-you-mean, mean-what-you-say breed, so directness is always appreciated. Playing coy and hard to get might be viewed as confusing, irritating and pointless.

Dang, I love my INTJs. I wish I could be more like them a lot of times. :happy:

·
Banned
438 Posts
How I flirt:

Well I start out like this:

Then, I drop my pants and say (1:25-1:30)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tease and joke around with friends. I've been told before that this can come off as flirty, but it isn't meant to. When I'm really interested in someone, I definitely don't flirt. Mostly, it makes me nervous, but if I did approach the object of my interest or he approached me, I'd be more likely to try and lead him in conversation and see what makes him tick. If, after talking to him, I decided he was still interested, I'd continue to seek him out and would eventually make it clear that I was interested romantically.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts