Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Female INTP here, anyone wanna girl talk about relationships? (Will take Q & A, too).

Hi,

I'm an INTP female, with well-developed Fe and a decent ability to fake E at times.

I usually give dating advice for my girlfriends who are pursuing INTP men, but I'm curious what things were like with other INTP girls too..

I've only had two INTP female friends, they were both wonderful and we understood each other well. (One of them was the most ideal roommate I've ever had..!)

To start, I've been an ENFJ magnet since high school, dated series of INTX where I've been both "more T" or "more F" in the relationship. I've also had crushes on XSTPs. I'm into philosophy.. nietzsche, darwin, e.e.cummings, music, instruments, weapons, ancient war tactics, forensic science, psychology, and ... a few other things I'm sure. Did I mention I'm an INTP?

People guess me as INFP and ENTJ at times, depending on the context.

It's the weekend, it's rainy out, I got started early on my glass of wine with dark chocolate and coffee (all at the same time).

Chat with me?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ah, 3 INTP female friends.. One of them is the love of my life and my soul sister, I completely forget about MBTI when I'm with people of that deep a connection... :p

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
sheesh... your balloons, hearts, happiness, bubbles, and sparkles are emitting across the interwebs.

I'll take a strawberry mango flavored one though, please.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
How do girls like guys differently than guys like girls? Or do they?

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I think there definitely is some gender differences in both motivations and interactions.
By all means continue, I'd like to understand how and why. Certainly men and women are different by societal expectations and by biology, but does this mean their values are different? In what way does biology make them feel different towards each other?

.... is this girl talk enough? Maybe I should be emphasizing how exasperating men are.

·
Registered
272 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
By all means continue, I'd like to understand how and why. Certainly men and women are different by societal expectations and by biology, but does this mean their values are different? In what way does biology make them feel different towards each other?

.... is this girl talk enough? Maybe I should be emphasizing how exasperating men are.
You are doing very well in this girl talk so far, Jeremy ;)

My experience so far, girls generally do have better developed Fe. Not just INTPs but NTs in general. Because of different social norms and settings, we are just given more chance to mingle, I think. Also, if you just have any bit of bubbly/positive side as your natural tendency, it is appreciated and highly reacted to in a girl, whereas guys I think the whole interaction is different from the start.

Girl "talk," you see?

Girls talk more, and they are allowed to talk. Guys connect earlier through physical activities and "funny" small talks, which are just much easier for ExFx individuals who are active. Sitting down and reading a lot, getting into fun arguments and conversations come later, like in high school. By then, our social identity has already been shaped, though it is still actively shapING.

My INTX guy friends who did better socially were kids who were into dance, arts, comedy, reading poetry out loud, and various other group projects. Where as INTP girls usually have several friends from middle school and high school, just by quietly listening to others' relationship problems and such. See how there is a huge gender difference in how we initiate social connection from very early on?

And there is the physicality issue too. This one is less formulated. If you are an INTP girl and decently attractive or just not hideous looking, I think their unique INT quality just looks "interesting" and people approach you. But I think this holds a different meaning for an INTP male, because when you are young, it's all about how you dress and present yourself. Both genders of INTP individuals usually don't have much interest in "popular fashion" but I think this affects men more negatively in younger years than girls. OK this point is much less formulated for myself as well, and there is a huge cultural difference I would assume. I hope someone says something more interesting about this. But physicality is definitely there. Let us think.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'd love to hear your thoughts on INTP couples. Would they be a good match or not? (generally speaking)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'd love to hear your thoughts on INTP couples. Would they be a good match or not? (generally speaking)
From interactions I've had with my male INTP friends, I think it can be very comfortable for sure. With the right person, the attraction is immediate and very strong also.

However, I don't know how long it can last. I think it would be hard to compensate each other, especially in the practical matter. In that way, I think J-J couple has better chance, but INXP are by far the least practical types and things might get difficult.

Both being introverts, and not getting out of the house is fine. I've witnessed many INXP-INXJ couples that worked well, and INXJ-INXJ couples. But I've never seen an INXP-INXP (not even INFP-INTP or INFP-INFP) ever happening.

But INTPs can also be very competent in the areas they choose to, if they care. So if one of them is into finances or doing practical matters, I think it could work. If both are artistic types or something, I don't think it will last long.

NTP-NTP connection can be very strong and seductive though. Let me tell you. ;)

·
Registered
610 Posts
From interactions I've had with my male INTP friends, I think it can be very comfortable for sure. With the right person, the attraction is immediate and very strong also.

However, I don't know how long it can last. I think it would be hard to compensate each other, especially in the practical matter. In that way, I think J-J couple has better chance, but INXP are by far the least practical types and things might get difficult.

Both being introverts, and not getting out of the house is fine. I've witnessed many INXP-INXJ couples that worked well, and INXJ-INXJ couples. But I've never seen an INXP-INXP (not even INFP-INTP or INFP-INFP) ever happening.

But INTPs can also be very competent in the areas they choose to, if they care. So if one of them is into finances or doing practical matters, I think it could work. If both are artistic types or something, I don't think it will last long.

NTP-NTP connection can be very strong and seductive though. Let me tell you. ;)
Well then, it's a good thing I'm into finance/accounting and she's into arts. :wink:
Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts

yeah this is something I am curious about. I have a friend, and she insists, religiously, that girls aren't shallow like guys. that only guys are attracted by looks. That girls are more attracted to status and security. and yet I hear girls all the time talking about such guy being cute or hot, or having a nice butt (Idk). Doesn't make any sense to me. But on the same token. you also see beautiful women with ugly guys.

Too many mixed signals. Should I get a good job, or plastic surgery?

1 - 20 of 97 Posts