Personality Cafe banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many female INTPs can relate to this? I find that I can, because I use really precise words to describe things. And I don't care about taboo subjects that much, I frequently talk about death, illnesses, gruesome injuries etc. Then there's the inferior Fe, even though mine's quite developed for an INTP since I was raised by an ENFJ mother. But it still isn't as developed as say an auxiliary Fe-user is.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You're saying that because you use really precise words and because you talk about death, injuries and illness... that means you talk like a man?

I know quite a few inarticulate men and I know quite a few well spoken women. I also know men who are complete babies when it comes to guts and blood and I know women who are really into horror and gore and all that kind of stuff.

I'm just going to go ahead and focus on the actual title question instead because the other gender stuff really rubs me the wrong way.

I do have a deeper voice than most women, if that's what you're asking, but I have a higher voice than the men I've met. I speak confidently and in a "take it or leave it" instead of "matter of fact way." Most INTP and ISTP females I've met tend to have deeper voices than say any ENFP or ENFJ female I've come across.

Of course these things are not written in stone and cannot be proven so take it only as far as your bullshit meter allows you to take it.

·
I love my everything
10,949 Posts
You know, it's interesting when you start watching how people talk individually. Many males talk in a more "feminine" way, but it seems completely normal/ fits their gender. And there are lots of females who talk in a not so girly way either. It's definitely more mixed and unclear than it seems. But I would agree, intp females aren't usually going to talk like stereotypical women. (though I wouldn't go as far to say they talk like men. That's not true. )

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think the idea that males and females should talk a certain way is stupid in the first place.
I used to feel about the same until I read the book Self-Made Man, where a lesbian 'butch' woman dressed like a man and tried to live as one. She noticed herself being considered a feminine man quite a lot to the point pretty much all social groups she lived around felt that way. It's generalizing and unclear to many but it's very much a trend in reality.

By the way, OP, you shot yourself in the foot with your wording.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I never categorized either of these communication patterns as belonging to either gender and I don't understand why they should be. Sounds to me like an ad antiquitatem.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
If you say that female INTPs talk like guys, very well. But, I would dare to ask you, who defines "masculinity" and "femininity"?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Your wording is a bit wonkey bur here goes.

Yes I recognize this, sort of. Whenever I'm around people I feel at ease with my style of talking and mainly joking gets a lot more crude. Not rude or vulgar but just… sassy :) A way of taking I hardly ever observe in other females, although I know some nt that exhibit something similar. With me it's always paired with batshit crazy ti-ne-si jumps . recently I started making videos. Dear lord, how do people follow what I am saying. It is a trainwreck

·
Registered
489 Posts
I get what you're saying.

I have a game where I read posts and guess if it's a man or woman. Women use a different syntax, because of their gender role and how they're taught to interact with people.

For example, when bringing up the topic of race, both genders do this, but women do it more often. They'll bring up a point then interject their personal experience with it, then continue with the point. Like,
"I disagree with racism, I have a lot of black friends and treat everyone the same (insert their personal experience), so I beleive everyone is equal."

Men usually just say their point and leave out their experience, like "I disagree with racism and I believe everyone is equal."

INTP women often say the male option, because of their orientation to be objective and leave subjectivity out when talking, and to be efficient in speech and leave out unnecessary details. So they can be confused as men if people subconsciously pick up on that.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Which "guys" and "girls" are you even comparing INTP females to? I call bullshit on the stereotypes, these "averages" are totally rigged until they become self-fulfilling prophecies on a social scale. But we can stop it if we all just wake up at the same time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
INTP women often say the male option, because of their orientation to be objective and leave subjectivity out when talking, and to be efficient in speech and leave out unnecessary details. So they can be confused as men if people subconsciously pick up on that.
This ^^ yes! So true. My girlfriends say I think like guys all the time, I think this is what they meant. :frustrating: It's frustrating to hear because I'm feminine :kitteh: Oh well... lol

Reactions: Airess3

·
Plumcot
2,186 Posts
I actually do not think talking about such subjects is necessarily a male or female thing.
Frankly, I find that my INTP friend talks like herself; not her MBTI.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Don't most female INTP get along better with male friends? This would probably have an influence on the way they speak compared to female who mostly talk with females.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Don't most female INTP get along better with male friends? This would probably have an influence on the way they speak compared to female who mostly talk with females.
can only speak for me of course (unless I get a by proxy vote from someone) but that is certainly the case here. I have little female friends.Not that I have many people I would consider my friend, but apparently I'm considered one by..quite some people. I don't know why,it's weird.Something fishy o_O

1 - 17 of 17 Posts