Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of youself proclaimed ENFPs find yourselves more personally attached to your Fi function than its Ne counterpart, but still consider yourself an extrovert?
I found this article of socionomics that makes me believe this is possible
IEE subtypes - Wikisocion (the site has many other interesting things if you are looking to broaden your function knowledge...)
I ask because I believe this to be true to myself, but I want to make sure I am not deluding myself. Would not be the first time...

·
Registered
226 Posts
Extravert person with Fi as a main function?! I did that and it extremely unnatural to me, not to say people's no longer be my source of energy. I still go out and have fun but i feel like i'm masking, or something very inauthentic.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
My Ne is way more used than Fi but I also have a strong Fe also it's kind of wired people mistake me for ENFJ sometimes

Reactions: kaycee and Humaning

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Socionics subtypes are bullshit. I can see parts of myself in both subtypes.
You must be really knowlegable to be so dismissive!

I would expect to see a bit of both subtypes in most people, but hopefully you can find an inclination to one or the other.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
If you were TRULY F.i. all the time you'd be an INFP. I think...Unless INFP is I.f.? Oh well, confusing myself.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
If you were TRULY F.i. all the time you'd be an INFP. I think...Unless INFP is I.f.? Oh well, confusing myself.
nottt necessarily... Sometimes the MBTI system can be pretty odd.

My functions are pretty standard INFJ... except for the fact that my Fi and Fe both share the top spot as far as my functions go :laughing: Not all of us fit all that neatly into our types.

That said... ENFPs are awesome... even those with a few odd functions thrown in.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Just my thoughts...:
-It seems as if it'd be much easier to feel a connection to an introverted, internal function, especially if it's an introverted judgment function such as Ti or Fi.

-Your functions work together, so it may be hard to separate processes. Therefore you may have some confusion in realizing a function working by itself, in yourself.

-Along with the above, the functions are also pretty ill-described on the internet, for the most part and in my opinion.

-Ne and Fi would be used differently by an ENFP as compared to an INFP and would also appear differently no matter which function you feel a greater connection to.--I see quite a few INFPs who feel a strong connection to Ne-- I think that's really how types are determined, though I have nothing to back that up and I can't really explain further :mellow:

-If you're ever caught between INFP and ENFP...To me, it seems as if the ENFPs who feel a strong connection to their Fi also feel a strong connection to their Te. That might be a good separator as Te is the inferior function of INFPs.

-It might be easier to figure out which function plays a truly dominant role in you if you imagine that you've been thrown into a foreign place and try to find out what your most natural, first inclination is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts