Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could one of you give a description of Fi?
Do you use feelings as a basis for logic?
Does every stimulus you encounter provoke emotion?
I've looked at other sources but they all seem to point towards quotes so I thought it would be best if I went straight to the source.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
I recommend this article: Socionics - the16types.info - Jungian Functions in Interpretation of J. H. van der Hoop

First of all, make sure you read the part at the beginning about the difference between emotion and feeling, and then try reading the Introverted Feeling description.

I think this is probably the best scholarly description I've read, though Vera Stratievskaya's Socionics description is also good--if not a bit harsh no its "moralization" of things. If you read that one (it's out there--look for stratievskaya ESI.) keep in mind that these are internal or self-directed things, not necessarily externally directed. She sounds harsh, but if we are honest with ourselves, we are a bit harsh on ourselves, and, to some extent, on others, at least insomuch as they affect us or those individuals or things that matter to us. Bother... here is a link: Stratievskaya ESI - Wikisocion

added: (direct link to introverted feeling (introverted ethics):http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Stratievskaya_ESI#1._Introverted_ethics

If you have questions after reading those, I'm sure you can find answers here. ;-) But honestly, these may be your best bet to grasp Fi. (though, honestly, my wife's lived with me for 25+ years, and we've been together for 30--and she still doesn't understand it--oh, she's INTP too)

Edit: I should have added that Vera Stratievskaya is an ESI herself, so her description is more subjective--and a bit personal, from my opinion, but it is a good "insider's look" at how it operates. She's still active and has a blog, btw, but it's all in Russian.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Disharmony in relationships makes it nearly impossible for me to focus on anything but relationships. When I was in college, it was more important for me to fix a relationship than to study. Stressful home environments basically makes studying impossible. I will put them in the front of my mind, which doesn't make any sense to some people. If my outer environment matches my ideal, I can do very well academically.

*Edit: I think the key to overcoming this is to learn how to detach and depersonalize more through Te.

·
Registered
isxp cp684
1,706 Posts
@dbmorpher

Could one of you give a description of Fi?
Internal feeling. Ruminating internally on external information; making decisions based on an internal and subjective sense of right and wrong.

Do you use feelings as a basis for logic?
noooooo. Logic derives from Te for us. Theoretically we have the potential to be very logical. It's just that sometimes we can make emotional decisions, or our internal passions can lead us to living a life others might find illogical. {I'm a wildlife biologist. I frequently live out in the woods with little comfort. I do it because I'm passionate about conservation. It's not a logical choice to make in life because the pay's horrible and the living conditions are less than spectacular. But ya know. I do it to be happy. And for me, being anything other than happy is illogical.}

Does every stimulus you encounter provoke emotion?
nope, because stimuli have to do with Se--I take things as they are. Fi impacts the actions that I take and decisions that I make regarding certain stimuli. I think Fi-Ne-Si might be more inclined to have an emotional reaction to stimuli.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I just copy pasted this from another thread here. I hope it helps :kitteh:

Fi is a judging function where the individual makes decisions based on their own personal value system. The values are personalized, many times, people with Fi do not recognize or understand their own personal values until someone accidentally steps all over them.

Introverted Feelers are able to tune into individuals who are in need of help. They can have the highest level of empathy of any types. Why? Because they know what it's like to be hurt, or to be in pain.

How does it work? If a person is emotionally mistreated or hurt by a spouse or partner, the Fi can look deep inside themselves and relate to how that must feel. Because Introverted Feelers are so easily insulted or offended, they know what it's like to be hurt and they will treat others with sensitivity, caring and warmth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.