Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title says.

I'm just curious about this topic because of how often I see stuff about Fi-doms being poker-faced and/or "emotionless" on the surface. I can understand that, given how private we can be about how we feel (myself included) but regardless, I'm still pretty expressive, and I tend to be quite animated - especially around people I'm comfortable with. I tend to amuse people because of it. lol
Also, I have an INFP friend, and the first thing I noticed when we met was how friendly and bouncy they were - I could've easily mistaken them for an ENFP. They were very warm - all smiles and hugs. <3

ExFPs could join too. It also might be interesting to know if there are any ExFPs who aren't very expressive (though I have yet to meet any who aren't, hehe.)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm less verbally and physically expressive than the people I'm close to who have Fe. Usually I know how I feel and I can get quite expressive, even clingy, but sometimes I feel I have a hard time putting all of my feelings into words. I do go through periods where I'm very outwardly expressive and where I express myself more subtly. It depends on my mood and what I want to do. Generally, the more comfortable I am with someone, the more expressive I'll be, and the more comfortable I am showing not only my strengths, but also my flaws. If I don't get good vibes from you, don't expect me to open up much of myself, if any.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sometimes I feel I have a hard time putting all of my feelings into words.
I can relate. I'll know exactly how I feel but words are not my forte - which is why I often let my actions do the expressing.

It depends on my mood and what I want to do.
...Also this. I do think when I'm out in public minding my own business I'm much less expressive, because there's no reason for me to express much if I'm just walking down the street. Of course, around people I'm comfortable with I'll be a lot more animated (still more with actions and facial expressions than words though.)

·
Registered
15,612 Posts
Enfp- I'm not expressive with my emotion and appear calmer than everyone I know. I think you havent met any bc you wouldn't know how to type them lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: katnip

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Enfp- I'm not expressive with my emotion and appear calmer than everyone I know. I think you havent met any bc you wouldn't know how to type them lol
Good to know. I was hoping some ExFP would chime in. After all, we can't stereotype all of you as hyper party animals. lol
And you're right. It's a lot easier to type someone when they express themselves.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 so/sx
435 Posts
I suppose I do have that reserved poker face of neutrality when I am not entirely engaged. When talking to me most people I don't know that well they will likely see this aspect of me. I get the impression that I invoke a little bit of stoic reservation. People would probably not be able to tell how I am feeling that easily from my face alone. There will times that when in a group scenario in which everyone laughs at something (that is funny to them) I prefer not to laugh if I don't find it funny. It of course I am out of touch with the emotional atmosphere of the group. My mind goes 'I laugh when I personally find things funny, why must my expression of emotion merge with the crowd?'. When I am excited about something (could be a conversation I am very into), my Ne is activated and my face lights up, becoming much more animated. I suppose I express myself better through actions. Whenever I get irritated, I'm not sure if people notice. If they do notice, they don't point it out. I don't like crying in public and I don't break down until I am in private most of the time. I need time by myself to process and feel my sense of deep sadness on my own. Internally my emotions could be simmering but on the outside nobody would know. I do indeed feel quite intense emotions inside of me what chances are you may never know from my face.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
Not Fi dominant, but certainly not Fe in any way. I'm pretty emotional with my closest friends and family members. I'd estimate, compared to the average person, I am probably more emotionally expressive. However, I don't talk about my emotions very often. I just do very much express them, mostly in my face.

·
Registered
15,612 Posts
Not Fi dominant, but certainly not Fe in any way. I'm pretty emotional with my closest friends and family members. I'd estimate, compared to the average person, I am probably more emotionally expressive. However, I don't talk about my emotions very often. I just do very much express them, mostly in my face.
My brothers an intj - he appears more extroverted than I do with family- I think the stereotype of T vs F or I vs E is quite absurd more so when cognitive functions are applied, we're all individuals

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
Also not Fi-dominant, and not even on the Fi/Te axis (so not sure why I'm even posting), but I really relate to this statement. I strongly express emotions through my face even though I don't really talk about them in person.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My Te manifests itself as emotional ramblings rather than making judgments and coming to conclusions based on solid, testable, verifiable, tangible evidence. I feel inferior Te in my type (INFP) manifests as the conjunction between personal values / feelings and applied judgment. It's hard to have logic.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Not very. I smile and laugh a lot, but that's it really.
I usually have to make a conscious effort to show other emotions, when situations call for them.

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Also, my isfp friend is much more expressive than I am. Her feelings are constantly written all over her face.

Reactions: katnip

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
When I'm really happy and excited, you notice it. When I'm really angry, you also notice it. But my general rbf apparently gives that cool/intimidating vibes to those that don't know me.
And then they get the social/polite me that they might mistake for an extrovert or an Fe person. Then they get the cold heart, cool headed person with non traditional opinions. Then they get the passionate person.
I'd say I'm pretty expressive for those that are worth sharing my values/opinions/feelings with.

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8 sx/so
8,202 Posts
Only around people I trust. Otherwise I look sad or poker faced. But I actually feel a lot of emotions at once and very intensely and I can cycle through them quite quickly.
Aside from the sad faced part, I would say I'm exactly the same way. Don't mind me, I'm replying because I love your username. :kitteh:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I'm really happy and excited, you notice it. When I'm really angry, you also notice it. But my general rbf apparently gives that cool/intimidating vibes to those that don't know me.
And then they get the social/polite me that they might mistake for an extrovert or an Fe person. Then they get the cold heart, cool headed person with non traditional opinions. Then they get the passionate person.
I'd say I'm pretty expressive for those that are worth sharing my values/opinions/feelings with.
Minus the rbf, this pretty much sums it up for me. Also, as @Kynx said about their isfp friend, how I feel is often written all over my face, even if I want to hide it (which can be both comedic and annoying depending on the situation. hah)

·
Registered
ISTP
2,644 Posts
I generaly tend to only show happines and anger on occasions to the external world, rest emotions seem to be repressed... Most of my "Feelings" I tend to keep holding inside myself are mostly paranoia thoughts about what others think of me, which can be both false or true (They hate me? Do they dislike me? man, who knows what they are thinking). It can give me stress sometimes and trigger my OCD, It's not an pleaseant experience just to tell you guys.

Thats Ne - Fi for ya guys...

But to be fair, many people told me that I do take things way to seriously.

Reactions: Pensive Fine
1 - 20 of 24 Posts