Personality Cafe banner

Fi or Fe?

2K views 32 replies 20 participants last post by  nablur 
Which feeling function can recreate the feelings of others internally through imagining and then act based on that feeling?

Between Fe and Fi which is more likely to pay attention to body language to infer internal feelings?
Neither, in both cases. You are anthropomorphizing cognitive functions. They don't "act," "re-create," or "pay attention."

To ask whatever the OP (what you quoted) is asking?
To describe the judging functions without "anthropomorphizing?"
I wouldn't ask it; it doesn't quite make sense to me but seems to pertain to sensing more than Fe or Fi, if it can be narrowed down to a cognitive function at all (re-creating feelings kinda seems like memory on the one hand and an emotional process on the other, and without more details neither of those maps cleanly onto a single cognitive function as far as I can tell).

I describe Thinking as judging on the basis of impersonal criteria and Feeling as judging on the basis of personal criteria. Fi is the subjective form of the latter and Fe is the objective form.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.