Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that most Fi users (xxFP's) tend to be into visual arts and music. Confirm or deny my statement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I confirm. I'm thinking of going into graphic design.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I'm very interested in art and music...many branches of them. It does seem like most, if not all, FPs have artistic outlets of some form...

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
No. I'm not artistic in the least. The closest I get is photography which is a off-again, on-again hobby... with a small digital camera. I fail at art and graphic design. It's a running joke among my friends that they have to vet my choices in a character creator in games...

And yes, they actually do that.

·
11,928 Posts
Dammit...Never mind then lol

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
I enjoy both art and music, and I have a talent for both as well.

·
11,928 Posts
I realize people without Fi will also be into art, but it seems to me like art is especially important to most of the Fi-users I've met...albeit online :mellow:

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Hm, it's possible. I mean, I love art and music, but it's mostly just a hobby for me. I was involved in them more when I was younger. But even at a young age of 10, I had already decided neither would be a marketable career. I was a realist even then.

Reactions: Timmah

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I have a well-developed tertiary Fi, and art and music are extremely important to me. It's also true that as far as the arts are concerned, visual art and music are my favorites.

Reactions: camus11

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Dammit...Never mind then lol
Heh, sorry. It probably is very much that majority of Fi users love art. I appreciate art for the most part, but I can't participate in making it at all.

I'm crap at music, too. Can't really create it too much... Tried in 8th grade, but it was probably too late (everyone else started in 5th grade). It's something I like better than art, though.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm confirming. I can remember from a very early age being fascinated with music, even the sounds of people voices. I didn't start playing until age 12.

Paradigm, it's never too late. Over the years I have had numerous students pick up a guitar for the first time in their life as adults. Piano is another popular one with adults. Occasionally I have seen some do violin, but by far guitar and piano are most popular. And actually with guitar, most kids start guitar on average at about age 14. Guitar is the oldest starting age. Violin and piano accept the youngest. Ooops, and voice lessons start after voice change.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts