Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What fictional characters do you find attractive based on personality, not their appearance?

Two off of the top of my head that I really like...

Niles Crane (Frasier)
Martin Blank (Grosse Pointe Blank) - and most other John Cusack characters, for that matter....

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Pshaw, I find Spike's personality and appearance attractive. I especially like the fact that even soulless and half-demon (as a vampire, in other words), he's a helpless romantic. It's just who he is to love women (and one man), even if they'll never love him the same way. And god, can I relate to that. Especially how Buffy eventually uses him in later seasons (starting season 5, if I recall).
Spike, a vampire in love with a Slayer (of vampires):
YouTube - Rest In Peace - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Spike, on love:
YouTube - Buffy - "I may be love's bitch..." - kinetic typography

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
<3 JD. I watch scrubs when I need a pick-me-up because I know he'll always be able to make me laugh.

Spike is made of win. :)

Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds - I love how awkward he is and how he's pretty much a walking encyclopedia but you can still see how much he cares and tries to keep a bad situation from getting worse. Everything from how much he cares for his mother to how he will put himself at risk if he thinks he'll be able to talk someone down because he can see a bit of himself in the person. Oh, and yeah, he's pretty yummy to look at as well. ;-)

·
Registered
301 Posts
SPOCK!! haha

Hmm, I guess I'd agree with J.D.. I doubt you guys have seen the recent film "Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky" (probably because it's a foreign film), but the the character of Igor in the movie (even though he's portraying famous composer that was actually real) is SO INCREDIBLY SEXY. I mean, I'm not going to lie, I was turned on just watching his parts of the movie. Okay, maybe it was partly because of how attractive the actor was. But it was also his passionate piano playing and how much he wanted/lusted for/loved the woman. it was just a very aesthetically and romantically pleasing movie, I guess.

Anyway... I actually can't think of others right now. i'm sure i'll think of some later...

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I doubt you guys have seen the recent film "Coco Chanel & Igor Stravinsky" (probably because it's a foreign film)
I didn't know another recently made Coco Chanel movie was out there...I saw Coco Avant Chanel and it was okay.

To add to my list...

Mr. Rochester (Jane Eyre)
Jack (2 days in Paris)
Jesse (Before Sunrise / Sunset)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Frodo Baggins. There's tons more I can't come up with off the top of my head.. I do this stupid little thing where during a daydream I add myself as a character (or become an existing one but alter the personality) into the story and add my own bit of romance to the plot. I've done it ever since I was a kid. I think it started with the Disney movies.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was completely in love with Nick when I read The Great Gatsby. I tend to blame this on Fitzgerald's lovely prose, but lovely prose or not, he's such a beautiful character.
Could he be INFP? I've wondered that...

AND--- I second Cusak! Say Anything. *sigh*

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
funny, all the names that immediately come to mind are from two video games made by the same company - Knights of the Old Republic 2, and Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer.

for the first, Bao Dur immediately came to mind... there's something to that man, he has a soothing quality despite the anger that is clearly held beneath the surface. he's an idealist and fights inexhaustably for his beliefs, is extremely loyal, and... despite that he's a fighter and all, he's relatively frail, and his strengths lay primarily in his technical mastery.

... and, eh, i liked quite a few characters from that game besides. some were underdeveloped, but most were quite well-written.

as for Mask of the Betrayer... hell, basically all of them. spotlight on Kaelyn the Dove - the half-angel who came from a people devoted to championing a particular god, she came to oppose that god when she realized the cruelty he instituted to the faithless upon death, and came to praising a different god. nonetheless, she is essentially a cleric who, due to her high ideals, is forced to oppose the gods wholesale (even the one she worships, who is relatively benevolent, has her hand in the prime evil she is horrified by). she is very conflicted, but very determined. very soft-hearted, but an absolute warrior.

also, Gann the Dreamer - a hagspawn (half human, half night hag - night hags being evil, ugly, but often curiously charming demons) who follows shamanistic beliefs, and has the ability to walk in peoples' dreams. he's a joy to talk to, as he is quite narcissistic (and *is* attractive, people frequently fall in love with him), but it's *partly* a wall he puts up to distract people from delving too deeply into him. he prizes whit, when you're conversing with him, even if it's at his expense, which is refreshing (practically all the supporting characters are refreshing, so deeply the most of them were written).

and Okku, the bear god... a strong, but generally quiet presence in your party, he, too, was far from straightforward. an extremely neutral character, who despised those who shirked from doing cruel things if it's for a better end (particularly if that end is in restoring balance). he's, ironically, a very moral character, but in a much more realistic way than Kaelyn. you have to be very careful talking with him, as he has a very thorough neutrality, but not a *mindless*, nor unrealistic sort.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I'm gonna have to say Ted Mosby from How I Met Your Mother. His constant journey to find the one, the way he behaves around people, how idealistic he is, and hes always wanting it to be absolutely perfect. When he mentions in one episode that when he finds her, hes gonna tell the whole story and how each part was important. I guess he just resonates with me.

·
Registered
15,640 Posts
I find these personalities to be attractive (for many different reasons). I have waaay more but I'll just list these:

Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls

Jim from the office

Andy Millman from Extras

Gregory House

Sue from Glee

Hercule Poirot

Jean Pargetter Hardcastle of As Time Goes By

Larry David from Curb Your Enthusiasm

·
Registered
182 Posts
Oh here we go.

Beatrix [Final Fantasy 9]
Garnet [Final Fantasy 9]
Lani [Final Fantasy 9]
Oerba Yun Fang [Final Fantasy 13]
Oerba Dia Vanille [Final Fantasy 13]

Leah [ The Haunting of Molly Hartley]

And my role model.

Eikichi Onizuka [Great Teacher Onizuka]

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Ron Weasley, the obvious Mr. Darcy and I'm going to have to agree with Jim Halpert as well. Oh goodness.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Nothing quickly came to mind for me, but having a look at my DVDs, I'd have to say that my favorite personality is

from Grandma's Boy.

Into vidgames, strongwilled, cool, can hang out with the guys, gets drunk and does karaoke. Sounds like a blast.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Augustus McCrae from the book Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry has the most intriguing and attractive personality I've ever read. There are actually four books total in the saga. I just know all of you literary INFPS would enjoy reading them.

Augustus McCrae and his best friend Captain Woodrow F. Call are opposites but it fits. McCrae is an ENFP and Call is an ISTJ.

In the miniseries on television, it was the enigmatic and charming Robert Duvall who portrayed Augustus McCrae. Tommy Lee Jones portrayed Call.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://americanthings.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/lonesome-dove-by-blogs-amctvdotcom.jpg&imgrefurl=http://americanthings.wordpress.com/tag/pulitzer-prize/&usg=__qpE750jPRK0TsvHntM6AwXl4Rkw=&h=330&w=560&sz=104&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=Az9ChtPkHqON_M:&tbnh=85&tbnw=144&prev=/images%3Fq%3DAugustus%2BMcCrae%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial%26channel%3Ds%26biw%3D1018%26bih%3D597%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=412&vpy=270&dur=856&hovh=172&hovw=293&tx=177&ty=71&ei=24K8TPuAOYK78gbDxMCnBA&oei=24K8TPuAOYK78gbDxMCnBA&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0

1 - 20 of 69 Posts