·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Be the most honest possible!

I relate to:

Ródion from ''Crime and Punishment''
Type: INTJ 5w4-4w5-8w9

He lives in a big anguish for his own existence and so he commits a murder of an old lady, to see if he was so that great as Napoleon. In other words, he was trying to prove himself being the what he calls ''extraordinary man'', the one who are above law and society rules. I relate a lot to this character cause he was so out of touch with society, a complete hermit, and completely isolated. He saw people has invasions of his personal ''bubble'' and I relate a lot to that.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I've always kind of related to Sirius Black from the Harry Potter books.

"Of course you do, dear. He's better than he seems," they told me. And that about says it all.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I don't have the power to relate to others =(

There must be someone, but I guess I don't pay enough attention.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Temperance Brennan (from Bones): ISTJ 513
Bones is probably the closest character to my personality that I'm aware of. (But I don't watch a lot of TV.) Right down to "I don't know what that means" whenever someone mentions pop culture. Interpersonally clueless and distant but has the capability to be warm and caring. Only thing missing is (as far as I remember) the more "casual" aspect of my personality.

Zoey (from Firefly): 6w5
The "normal" me.

Kaylee (from Firefly): 7w6
The "happy" me. No, really.

Liz Lemon (from 30 Rock): INTJ
Actually to be fair, I'm pretty similar to LL as well... I just lack the money and ability to write humorously. She's more verbose than I am, more into food than me. Very obviously 3-fixed, whereas I have few 3ish motivations. But we share the awkward, well-intentioned, can-be-mean style.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Oh, boy. Here goes.
(I haven't ever tried enneatyping these characters before, so please have mercy on my soul when I screw it up badly aah)

Jemma Simmons - Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
- INFJ - 2w1-5w4-1w2 so/sp

Hermione Granger - Harry Potter series
- ISTJ - 1w2-6w5-3w4 sp/so

And to a lesser extent:
Willow Rosenberg - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- INFP - 4w5-6w7-9w1 sp/so

Simon Tam - Firefly
- INTJ - 5w6-1w9-2w1 sp/sx

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
For me it's

1. Alyosha Karamazov from The Brothers Karamazov - INFP - 9w1

2. Ofelia from Pan's Labyrinth - INFP - 9w1?

3. Private Witt from The Thin Red Line - INFP? - 9w1?

4. Pierre Bezukhov from War and Peace - INFP - ?

5. Prince Myshkin from The Idiot - INFP - ?

Reactions: DomNapoleon

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I actually wanted to mention Gregor Samsa, haha.

I also related a lot to Chris McCandless from Into the Wild by the way.

Reactions: 0+n*1

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I will try.
I am not sure I relate to them because I think I am like them or because I idolize some of their traits.

I relate to Takaki Tono from 5 centimeters per second
I don't remember him well, so I could be wrong, but my memory of him is that he is intelligent, introspective, solitary, self-absorbed, a bit nihilist, resigned, melancholic, disillusioned, brooding, contemplative, a bit romantic, caught in ordinariness, just trying to move forward, without purpose, aimless. I relate to that. Not always though. It's more like some part of me I am moderately attached to because it feels meaningful to me and because it is romantic to think of me as that person.

I also relate to Tae-Suk from 3-Iron and the protagonist of The Following.
Both are like ghosts. The first one trespasses unoccupied homes and leaves no trace. The second one follows strangers in the street at the beggining of the movie and then also trespasses their homes to steal personal objects. I kinda relate to that. That sense of being there but unnoticed. It's mere fantasy. People watching as a lifestyle. Wanting to be part of the life of someone else, of their story. That longing.

I also relate to Chris McCandless from Into the Wild too. Based on a real story. Secretly, he's been plotting a way to disappear from everyone and everything he knows without saying a word to anyone, not even his closed ones. He wanted to reconnect with his wild side, with oneself. He learns survival skills. He got rid of possessions, donated his money to charity. There was a strong desire to be self-sufficient, to be without. Later he realizes life only makes sense when shared with others. Tragic. He's later found dead. I relate to that desire. The desire to disappear. To be on my own.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Willow Rosenberg - Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- INFP - 4w5-6w7-9w1 sp/so

Simon Tam - Firefly
- INTJ - 5w6-1w9-2w1 sp/sx
Willow is 6w7 sp/sx, 6w7-9w1-2w1 :) Not sure where you see 4w5? I can relate to her a bit, too.

Never typed Simon before... I'd probably say 3w2/2w3 core, actually, but I'd have to rewatch. A 1 and 5 fix is likely, but I doubt 5 is his core (and I could see 6 being a possibility for his head fix).

·
Banned
50 Posts
Willow is 6w7 sp/sx, 6w7-9w1-2w1 :) Not sure where you see 4w5? I can relate to her a bit, too.

Never typed Simon before... I'd probably say 3w2/2w3 core, actually, but I'd have to rewatch. A 1 and 5 fix is likely, but I doubt 5 is his core (and I could see 6 being a possibility for his head fix).
Would you mind elaborating on your typing of Willow? I always saw her as a Sexual Five, but I've only watched a small portion of the series, and that typing never quite fit her completely. 6w7 certainly seems plausible.

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Would you mind elaborating on your typing of Willow? I always saw her as a Sexual Five, but I've only watched a small portion of the series, and that typing never quite fit her completely. 6w7 certainly seems plausible.
I typed her as that a long time ago:

I understand why you think Willow's anger is 8ish, but we have to remember that she was in a lot of pain. When one gets into that sort of pain, it's almost impossible to put a type to them. Pain isn't really a trait as much as it is a byproduct of a bad situation.

Tbh, I really think Willow is a 6, and I think she's still a 6 even when she goes "Dark." I think her reaction is... it's vengeance, yes, but it stems from crippling loyalty. Tara was everything to her, she said it herself. Her ground was taken from under her feet when Tara died. She had no more security; the Scooby gang was drifting, she was still rebounding, I'm pretty sure she felt like she was useless. So she reacted. Violently.

Let's also remember how she came back to herself in the finale. Xander--and then Giles, and then Buffy--reasserted himself as her "security," just like he was when they were kids. Sounds incredibly attachment-style (3,6,9) oriented, to me.

Typing that really makes me think she's sp/sx, so let's just ignore that I put her as sp/so :p
If you follow that quote, I think there should be more discussion on it and other characters.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Katniss from Hunger Games, Ripley from Alien, Lara Croft, basically any (female) survivalist gets my blood boiling :th_love:

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
Moist von Lipwig from the Discworld series. Restless, prone to do stupid shit when bored, but a nice person deep down somewhere.

And a long list of villains that I can understand but not agree with because of their methods: The illusive man (Mass effect) or Zaheer (Avatar the legend of Korra) for example.

When a few of my friends and I talked about what superheroes we would be, they all got good ones: The friend who has trouble with his temper is the Hulk, the really moral one is captain america etc... I got Loki...

Someone else once described me as a very nice and wise snake.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Stannis Baratheon - Saga of Ice and Fire, or "Game of Thrones" if you prefer..

Inspector Javert - Les Miserables

Reactions: DomNapoleon

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
✩ Rose Tyler from Doctor Who
✩ Leslie Knope from Parks and Recreation
✩ Callie Torres from Grey's Anatomy (this is moreso 13 year old me, but still)
✩ Willow Rosenberg from Buffy the Vampire Slayer (this is moreso 8 year old me, but still)
✩ Ariel from The Little Mermaid (timeless)
✩ Rapunzel from Tangled (recent but still timeless)

My guess is that most of the people on this list are 7s or 7-fixed. Definite 7s are Rose Tyler, Ariel, and Rapunzel. I would guess Callie Torres is probably also a 7, or maybe a 6. Willow is a 6w7. Leslie Knope is probably a 1w2, but with a 7w6 fix. (Also played by Amy Poehler, a 7w6.) So...in that way, not a very versatile list. :p

sidenote: i think someone on these forums used stars as bullet points and it was cute so i stole it. thanks @ whoever that was and have a great day !

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Inspector Javert - Les Miserables

Oh, wow! Yes!! Javert is one of my favorite fictional characters ever, and I've always related to him just a little bit. I was just talking to a friend about how if I could play any role in the entire realm of musical theatre, I would play Javert. Such a beautiful, complex character. Granted, I haven't read the Victor Hugo novel, so I don't know where I stand with Inspector Javert outside of the musical. But I'm sure I would love him there, too.

I wonder if there is something about Javert that draws 7s to him.

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
My guess is that most of the people on this list are 7s or 7-fixed. Definite 7s are Rose Tyler, Ariel, and Rapunzel.
Hm, I figured Self-pres 6w7 made sense for Rapunzel. She longs for adventure, but is held back by fear until she finds someone to guide her, etc. Of course, I might be a little biased since she's kinda relatable indeed. :tongue:

I wonder if there is something about Javert that draws 7s to him.

Well, he's quite a type 1 isn't he. Could have something to do with it. (I like the character, but not someone I relate to, lol)

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Hm, I figured Self-pres 6w7 made sense for Rapunzel. She longs for adventure, but is held back by fear until she finds someone to guide her, etc. Of course, I might be a little biased since she's kinda relatable indeed. :tongue:

Well, he's quite a type 1 isn't he. Could have something to do with it. (I like the character, but not someone I relate to, lol)
I suppose sp 6w7 makes sense too! I still think she's a 7w6, but it's undeniable that both 6 and 7 are there. We both have our own biases, so I definitely won't fight you on this! :p She's a fantastic character. (And undeniably an ENFP - can we agree on that? I've seen her typed as ENFJ and ESFJ but I maintain that just because you care about how your actions affect other people, that doesn't automatically make you Fe-dominant.)

And yes, Javert is the most type 1 character I've ever seen. I love him so much...he only tried to do what was right...my child

·
Registered
7,172 Posts
@justforthespark
I'm not the best at MBTI typings, but I agree she comes across as more of an ENFP too.

And yeah, characters like Javert can be pretty likeable. Even when they aren't very nice, they'll do what they see as right, so...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts