Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
that's so funny...I was her age when the show was on, and a few weeks ago on Netflix I watched it again and I wanted to slap her so hard her teeth rattled. She was such a moron, from an adult perspective! You just want to shake the whole lot of them! But at 15 I was sure that Angela was the only one who understood. Lol
Yeah, my co-worker basically said the same. I said maybe because I was just a little younger, I thought she was soooo cooool. Also I would watch the re-runs on MTV, and then got them all on DVD, so there was never a looking-back-at-it shock. That being said, I know exactly why you want to slap her... I want to slap my own teenage self!
Also - I got to meet "Ricky" in 2003! He came to my campus to speak about being one of the first gay characters on TV. The Christmas episode (the one where he's homeless because his parents weren't accepting of his sexuality) was written around his real life experience of the TV show outing him... I cried.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Also - I got to meet "Ricky" in 2003! He came to my campus to speak about being one of the first gay characters on TV. The Christmas episode (the one where he's homeless because his parents weren't accepting of his sexuality) was written around his real life experience of the TV show outing him... I cried.
I'll tell you what, of all the themes that show explored, that was the only one I was sort of heartbroken over because what, 20 years later, we're still seeing exactly that--gay kids bullied into suicide, etc. it's like the one area where maybe we have made absolutely no progress whatsoever.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Tom Hansen from 500 days of summer.
Batman. I just love Batman.
Legolas
The main guy from Fight Club.
Tyler from Remember me.
In some way Sid from Skins S01-02. Those seasons were still good. Real good.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Vala Maldoran from Stargate SG-1 (up from 7 season). Just watch her! She's extroverted, but oh she's a feeler. I'm really her in my social mood days. She probably has BDP too. Suprisingly, the guy she's in love with, Daniel Jackson, is really like INFP, but when you watch these too together, they're like fire and water.

Meredith Grey nickname Dark & Twisted :), Grey's Anatomy. Pure INFP, disorganized, emotionally twisted, antisocial except for her friends whom she absolutely loves and never ever judges.

Sailor Moon, waiting for her one true love, clumsy, too late to be even late, yet amazing inside, good-hearted and fighting like a dragon.

Kate Winslet's character (forgot her name) from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. It's hard to love us, it's hard to not to.

Susan Meyer from Desperate Housewives, but she gets really judgemental pretty often. INFPs usually protect people who did something wrong, not make them feel bad.

Sam Winchester from Supernatural, but only in the early seasons, let's say up till fourth. He's kind-hearted and open-minded, a little bit naive, very curious. But gradually he loses his INFP powers, I don't know exactly why.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Gray Fullbuster from the anime Fairy Tale regularly, when I am angry Natsu Dragneel also Fairy Tale lol, when I fall for someone Juvia from Fairy Tale lmao

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
that's so funny...I was her age when the show was on, and a few weeks ago on Netflix I watched it again and I wanted to slap her so hard her teeth rattled. She was such a moron, from an adult perspective! You just want to shake the whole lot of them! But at 15 I was sure that Angela was the only one who understood. Lol
Hm, I still think the character is pretty awesome. I don't have that "adult reaction" at all.... and I am in my late 20s, for the record.
I guess because I see real teens somewhat regularly on my job, I see what a massive difference an introspective girl like that is from the more typical one, and it's pretty cool in my eyes. And then, compare her to even the typical written teen on TV now, then, any time...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Has anyone ever read the Pokémon Adventures manga? I strongly relate to the character Yellow (she's in my avatar!). And coincidentally, she's known as The Healer, exactly what INFPs are sometimes labeled as!

I also relate to the character Amélie from the movie of the same title. Someone mentioned Céline from Before Sunrise/Sunset and I definitely agree, I felt a strong connection to her character. I also related to Junie in "La Belle Personne". Has anyone seen that movie? I grew such a strong crush on Léa Seydoux xD

Book-wise, the first thing that comes to mind is Midori from Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. She was like a more extroverted version of me. I was 15 when I first read the book and I remember feeling a huge connection to her, it was amazing at that time.
I feel a strong connection with a lot of Murakami characters, actually.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Lately I've found myself relating to Tony Stark, with his insecurity, cynicism, trust issues, sarcasm. It's a bit startling since I'm reading people's analysis of him and they're dissecting those aspects of him, and it's making me more self-aware. Like, just reading a fanfiction about someone analyzing through storytelling Tony's issues with self-worth is helping me more than any advice I've ever been given.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Sarek of Vulcan. Like all Vulcans he fought to gain full control over his emotions but he eventually failed to do so when he succumbed to Bendii syndrome.
I am taking his journey one step further by creating a new synthesis between mind and heart, stronger than ever before.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tom from 500 Days of Summer >> maybe the most eerily accurate version of myself I've ever seen on screen
Charlotte from Lost in Translation
Anne from Anne of Green Gables
Conrad from Ordinary People
Inara from Firefly
Vala from Stargate (someone else mentioned her and reminded me of how much I identified with Vala back when I watched the show)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Films/ Programs:
Deanna Troi from Star Trek TNG
Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service
Android/Jing-Wen from 2046

Books:
Anne from Anne of Green Gables
Fanny Price from Mansfield Park, she's the least favorite for Jane Austen fans because she is not as outspoken as Lizzy Bennet ( from Pride and Prejudice). But I just happened to relate to Fanny Price because I have similar personality traits as her, experienced some similar things.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rain Jewlitt - (immortal Rain//Manga) Mostly because his love of people almost destroyed him and his love of people also saved him
Lucy - (Chronicals of Narnia//book) I've always tried to be her
Saria - (LoZ:OoT//Video Game) She always seemed to upbeat, even though she knew things were hopeless
Hibiki - (Hibiki's Magic//Manga) Her feeling of sucking at everything has always been an insecure part of me.
Yuca Collabell - (Immortal Rain//Manga) His sense of hopelessness and awareness all mingling together just reminds me of me as I try to sleep

·
Registered
194 Posts
Depends on the day, my mood, my personality change....

Lestat - the Vampire Chronicles, he wants beauty and good in the world and the meaning of it all, as well he's unpredictable, a danger to himself, complicated character
Lucy Pevensie - The Chronicles of Narnia, innocent dreamer, adventurer, big heart
Luna Lovegood - Harry Potter, weird, honest and also a dreamer
Phoebe Buffay - F.R.I.E.N.D.S, more weirdness, sometimes a bit creepy

·
Registered
344 Posts
Alice (of the Wonderland variety). I think I fall down a rabbit hole at least twice a day. ;)

Reactions: gatsby

·
Registered
738 Posts
Wow! How do you people know so many INFP characters? Is there a website, or is there usually contextual evidence for most of these?
The characters being listed aren't necessarily INFP, but they are characters we as INFP's relate to.

For me:

Frodo Baggins - Lord of the Rings
Lucy Pevensie - Chronicles of Narnia
Captain Bill Adama - Battlestar Galactica
Kaylee - Firefly
Juliet - LOST
Amanda King - Scarecrow and Mrs. King

·
Registered
583 Posts
Walter Mitty

Miss Lonelyhearts from Miss Lonelyhearts

Holden Caulfield from Catcher in the Rye

Karl Glogauer from Behold the Man

The Monster from Frankenstein

Pi from Life of Pi

Brother Francis Gerard from A Canticle for Leibowitz.

Frodo Baggins from The Lord of the Rings

I admit, some of those middle examples were pretty dark, especially Glogauer. All of them were INFPs. I suppose Pi might have been an INFJ as well.

And in some movies:

Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas

Ophelia from Pan's Labyrinth

Michael from Heavy Traffic

Robert Merivel from Resoration

Miles from Sideways

Donnie Darko

Abe Sapien from Hellboy

Robert E. Howard from The Whole Wide World

Almost any protagonist from a Charlie Kauffman movie (especially Caden Cotard from Synecdoche, New York.)

And, on a really bad day, Travis Bickle from Taxi Driver.

Reactions: Stable Genius

·
Registered
20 Posts
I thought about this a bit more, and I think there's more evidence that Hank could be an INFP, or at least a similar type.

He's nonjudgemental with the women he interacts with, no matter how they treat him. It's part of his value system, even to go as far as protecting Mia after she steals his book and holds their encounter over his head. He idealizes his relationship with Karen, despite their turbulence. At the end of the day, he places all the blame on himself, a common INFP trait. He's a white knight in wolves clothing. He leaves the emotions he's struggling with inside, and deals with them on his own.

He's older, which would justify his extraverted behavior. Now that I'm in my 30's, I'm much more at ease with people than I was through my early 20's. In some situations you would not peg me as an INFP... that said, I still need to go and recharge afterword.

Just a few thoughts. I like the character. Despite the unrealistic situations the writers have created for him, there's stuff at the core that makes a lot of sense to me.

Surprisingly enough, Hank Moody. But not for the same reasons that "players" adore and want to be him.

Beneath the devil may care and promiscuity, there are a lot of emotions and issues that he's constantly ruminating. He uses his art to express those emotions and work through that chapter in his life so he can try to move on to the next one. Hopefully better because of it, but still finding it vastly difficult to get past the greatest obstacle he faces. Himself.

41 - 60 of 228 Posts