Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has probably been done enough before but I'm not looking through all the pages just to be told to not bump old threads. :kitteh:

Aurora is all I got... hmm.
I wish I could claim Sara Crewe but I believe she's an INFx.

And though he always gets typed as this, I just can't see Harry Potter as the conflict-hating Artist type. At. All.

Any literary characters, especially women, would be appreciated!

·
Banned
298 Posts
Emiya Shirou from Fate/stay night
Jesse Pinkman from Breaking Bad
Simon from Gurren Lagann
Rachel from Baccano! (although I think she might be ISTP)
Celty from Durarara!!
Mikado from Durarara!!
Silk Spectre II from Watchmen
The Dude from The Big Lebowski
Fredo Corleone from The Godfather
Kariya Matou from Fate/zero

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
emiya shirou from fate/stay night
jesse pinkman from breaking bad
simon from gurren lagann <===
rachel from baccano! (although i think she might be istp)
celty from durarara!!
Mikado from durarara!!
Silk spectre ii from watchmen
the dude from the big lebowski
fredo corleone from the godfather
kariya matou from fate/zero
yes yes yess!

·
Registered
839 Posts
There are fictional ISFP's in the "Famous ISFPs" thread, but I don't know of one just for fictional characters.

I have heard puss in boots called an ISFP, though he seems like he could be a J. Puss-In-Boots-puss-in-boots-15732667-580-326.jpg

I have reason to believe that Sonic the Hedgehog is an ISFP Sonic the hedgehog.jpg

Snowy from Tintin I think may be an ISFP. snowy-jumping-select1.jpg

I have heard it said, and I would be happy to have Toothless as an ISFP. -Toothless-toothless-the-dragon-32987040-800-600.jpg

Dimitri from Sly Cooper may be an unhealthy ISFP. (couldn't find an image that would work)

·
Registered
839 Posts
If you are a fan of Disney films, I wondered if Belle from 'Beauty and the Beast' could be an ISFP? She seems like an Fi-dom, but could be INFP.
That is one of the most discussed disney characters I know. I think she could be an ISFP but she seems extroverted. I would say she is a feeling type and possibly a perceiver but I really don't know.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Brandon Heat - Gungrave

Hairy Puuter :p

Bella Swan - Twilight XD

Link - The Legend of Zelda

·
Banned
298 Posts
A recent one I believe is this guy from a little show called Attack on Titan:

an example of Fi gone out of control.

EDIT: Don't you ISFPs ever bitch about not having badass fictional characters

·
Registered
839 Posts
A recent one I believe is this guy from a little show called Attack on Titan:

an example of Fi gone out of control.

EDIT: Don't you ISFPs ever ***** about not having ****** fictional characters
Hmmm..... no.

I personally like most of the ISFP fictional characters. Unless you were talking about evil/destructive in which Dimitri, who I posted earlier was a villain. But if that is what you are talking about, I don't think ISFPs are known for/would make good villains/aggressive people.

·
Banned
298 Posts
What? Have you seen Attack on Titan? That's not the villain, that's the main character. And he's aggressive because he saw his mother eaten alive by giant cannibals in front of him. He has a burning passion to explore the outside of the wall and eradicate the titan thread, which has consumed him for 5 years (dominant Fi), but is much more physical and raw than his friend Armin (INFP) hence why I proposed auxiliary Se for him. He has this black and white mentality when it comes to the titans, which is prevalent with fictional characters who are Fi-Te users (not saying this is true for all ISFPs/Te-Fi users). Of course, you can chime into what you think his type is, but he's definitely uses feeling as a dominant function and Se-Ni as perceiving functions.

·
Registered
839 Posts
What? Have you seen Attack on Titan? That's not the villain, that's the main character. And he's aggressive because he saw his mother eaten alive by giant cannibals in front of him. He has a burning passion to explore the outside of the wall and eradicate the titan thread, which has consumed him for 5 years (dominant Fi), but is much more physical and raw than his friend Armin (INFP) hence why I proposed auxiliary Se for him. He has this black and white mentality when it comes to the titans, which is prevalent with fictional characters who are Fi-Te users (not saying this is true for all ISFPs/Te-Fi users). Of course, you can chime into what you think his type is, but he's definitely uses feeling as a dominant function and Se-Ni as perceiving functions.
Okay, sorry. I have not seen Attack on Titan. The way you describe him he could be an ISFP, though I haven't seen him. I was saying that they aren't usually the villains or aggressive because writers usually don't choose the type that is best at seeing the beauty in the world around them and who typically don't like conflict as villains or aggressive people. They can be though if they are unhealthy, which it sounds like that character is. I was just answering your question though. I didn't fully understand it what you meant by bad*** and so I was assuming you were talking about characters like the one you posted, which certainly looked aggressive.

·
Registered
358 Posts
You don't have to hate conflict to be an ISFP - I don't hate it and I'm one. So I'm pretty certain Harry Potter is an ISFP!
Some more:
Lana Lang - Smallville
Maxxie - Skins
Puss in Boots - Shrek
Finn - Glee
Bella - Twilight (Quite upset about this one)
Snow - Once Upon a Time
Snow White - Snow White and the Huntsman
Jane - Daria
Eric Foreman - That 70's Show
Dan - Freaks and Geeks

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
@sjack

Eren Jager is either extroverted, meaning ESFP or a Fe user, ENFJ is very likely. He displays emotion very easily, he is also very animated and hot blooded, too expressive to be Fi dom especially too expressive for Fi-Se. He is also very impulsive and doesen't think things through before doing them, this is a sign of extroversion and he is one hell of an idealsit.

Mikasa Ackerman ISFP on the other hand is a very strong Fi dom, the base of her actions is personal values all the time every time without excepton, she is loyal to her friends, does what she thinks is right (would fight humans and titans alike if they threaten Eren or Armin), she holds her emotions in and thinks before she does something, quiet, not much use for words and sticks tot he background, only stands out due to being a prodigy. She seems rater emotionless externally but her actions say otherwise. Her actions speak louder then words imo. Especially when she threatens the merchant who was blocking the way with his cart.

She is also not an IDEALIST unlike Eren. Eren is one hell of an idealist. Mikasa is a REALIST:

"This world is merciless, and it's also very beautiful.." - Mikasa Ackerman

·
Banned
298 Posts
@sjack

Eren Jager is either extroverted, meaning ESFP or a Fe user, ENFJ is very likely. He displays emotion very easily, he is also very animated and hot blooded, too expressive to be Fi dom especially too expressive for Fi-Se. He is also very impulsive and doesen't think things through before doing them, this is a sign of extroversion and he is one hell of an idealsit.

Mikasa Ackerman ISFP on the other hand is a very strong Fi dom, the base of her actions is personal values all the time every time without excepton, she is loyal to her friends, does what she thinks is right (would fight humans and titans alike if they threaten Eren or Armin), she holds her emotions in and thinks before she does something, quiet, not much use for words and sticks tot he background, only stands out due to being a prodigy. She seems rater emotionless externally but her actions say otherwise. Her actions speak louder then words imo. Especially when she threatens the merchant who was blocking the way with his cart.

She is also not an IDEALIST unlike Eren. Eren is one hell of an idealist. Mikasa is a REALIST:

"This world is merciless, and it's also very beautiful.." - Mikasa Ackerman

What you're saying about Eren makes sense, but I've always picked Mikasa to be an ISTJ, who very much fit the description you gave for her as an ISFP. To be honest, her traumatic childhood really fucked her up and ever since the day her parents were killed it's very difficult to say what type she really is.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
What you're saying about Eren makes sense, but I've always picked Mikasa to be an ISTJ, who very much fit the description you gave for her as an ISFP. To be honest, her traumatic childhood really fucked her up and ever since the day her parents were killed it's very difficult to say what type she really is.
Mikasa's ISTJ-ish external demenor can be explained through her life experience yes and her enneagram type, which is counterphobic 6w5. Fi doms tend to be emotionally inexpressive through the body or face or verbally, especially ISFP. Its common to confuse a Fi dom for some TJ type, especially since we express ourselves through Se-Te. ISFP is not poetic like INFPs and more grounded in reality, can be cynical and takes the world as it is cruel and beutiful :p.

She isn't apprehensive when it comes to trying new things and goes with the flow. She lacks signs of inferior Ne and displays signs of inferior Te under pressure. ISJs would have cracked into negativistic out of controll thinking and emotional panick when learning that Eren has died, but she just said "Now is not the time to be emotional Armin." Stress makes her more Te-ish, which means Fi dom.

o.o I did a deeper analisis cus she is my fave :p

·
Banned
298 Posts
Mikasa's ISTJ-ish external demenor can be explained through her life experience yes and her enneagram type, which is counterphobic 6w5. Fi doms tend to be emotionally inexpressive through the body or face or verbally, especially ISFP. Its common to confuse a Fi dom for some TJ type, especially since we express ourselves through Se-Te. ISFP is not poetic like INFPs and more grounded in reality, can be cynical and takes the world as it is cruel and beutiful :p.

She isn't apprehensive when it comes to trying new things and goes with the flow. She lacks signs of inferior Ne and displays signs of inferior Te under pressure. ISJs would have cracked into negativistic out of controll thinking and emotional panick when learning that Eren has died, but she just said "Now is not the time to be emotional Armin." Stress makes her more Te-ish, which means Fi dom.

o.o I did a deeper analisis cus she is my fave :p
I disagree with what you said about ISJ cracking under that kind of pressure (or at least an ISTJ). An ISTJ would react the exact way Mikasa did when she found out about Eren's death. Tried to keep things under control and remain stone faced. An EXTJ may have had an emotional panic, since Fi is their inferior function (and keep in mind did she eventually fall apart and it was only her being saved that snapped her out of it). And I think if we interpreted Mikasa as an ISTJ, than her Si would appear to be solely focused and fanatically determined on protecting Eren and Armin, (the way an unhealthy ISTJ may fanatically believe in the ideology they were brought up with) and her auxiliary Te on manipulating and controlling her environment on suiting that cause. I personally think she was an IXFP when she was a child, but had to suddenly develop her tertiary and inferior functions in order to cope with the sudden trauma of her parents getting killed in front of her, which is why she has such an unstable personality.

Also, dem abs

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
I disagree with what you said about ISJ cracking under that kind of pressure (or at least an ISTJ). An ISTJ would react the exact way Mikasa did when she found out about Eren's death. Tried to keep things under control and remain stone faced. An EXTJ may have had an emotional panic, since Fi is their inferior function (and keep in mind did she eventually fall apart and it was only her being saved that snapped her out of it). And I think if we interpreted Mikasa as an ISTJ, than her Si would appear to be solely focused and fanatically determined on protecting Eren and Armin, (the way an unhealthy ISTJ may fanatically believe in the ideology they were brought up with) and her auxiliary Te on manipulating and controlling her environment on suiting that cause. I personally think she was an IXFP when she was a child, but had to suddenly develop her tertiary and inferior functions in order to cope with the sudden trauma of her parents getting killed in front of her, which is why she has such an unstable personality.

Also, dem abs
ISJs under stress: The Form of the Inferior - ISJs

Loss of control over facts and details
Impulsiveness
Catastrophizing

ISTJs don't handle critical, sudden or fast changing situations well. You seem to be not understanding what Si is.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts