Personality Cafe banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Outsiders!

As many of you are aware, not all MBTI types experience what we more balanced individuals refer to as "feelings," "dreams," and "imagination." It is for this reason that we gently and forcefully welcome you to this interventi...uh, subforum.

So grab a warm mug of milk and a kitten as you follow this step-by-step guide into the colorful world of an intuitive feeler.

How to feel lonely (introvert)
Imagine you're at a party (you came alone, of course). A very loud party. There are at least three drunk people -- maybe fourteen -- and the girls are all much more attractive than you. You've been standing in the far left corner for ten minutes because all the other corners are taken. Besides, the lamp in your corner uses only a 40 watt light bulb, which falls within your migraine-safe threshold. Suddenly, one of the three (maybe fourteen) drunk people walks up to you and begins conversation. With the lamp. You decide to go home so you can check PerC, but change your mind and go to bed instead. You spend 45 minutes remembering all the stupid things you said that one day 15 years ago when you were in middle school.

How to feel lonely (extrovert)
In an attempt to make new friends, you tactfully work your way into a group of fun-loving coworkers who seem to be hatching weekend plans. You read the situation quickly and warm up the atmosphere with a well-timed and contextually-appropriate joke. They invite you to watch the game at the bar down the street and you accept happily, even though you don't watch that particular sport.

The guys you came with spend the entire evening trying to hook up with chicks. You sit at the bar and fiddle with your wedding ring until one of them shows up again. You try to start a conversation but he just wants to talk about how hot that girl was. You ask him some questions and he dismisses them. "You think too much, man."

For the rest of the year, your coworkers continue to invite you out and you continue to accept because there's nobody else around to do things with. You never learn anything about them, and they constantly forget your name.

How to be Imaginative
Consider one of the five concrete, objective senses. Hmm, that's an interesting color. I never really noticed my bedroom was painted that color. Yes, I can see it with my eyes. Very interesting. Now use the wrong sense to observe what you noticed with the first sense. That color sounds loud. Very loud. In fact, my ears hurt. Now accept this new use as objective fact and let it affect your life. This color is so loud I can't sleep at night.

How to Feel Misunderstood
Ask one of the coworkers you've been going to the bar with to help you paint your room. Explain that the color is so loud you have to wear earplugs to sleep. When he laughs as though you're joking, try your best to make him understand.

...work in progress...calling all NFs to contribute for the sake of our hostag....uh, guests.

·
Banned
4,124 Posts
Greetings Outsiders!

As many of you are aware, not all MBTI types experience what we more balanced individuals refer to as "feelings," "dreams," and "imagination." It is for this reason that we gently and forcefully welcome you to this interventi...uh, subforum.

So grab a warm mug of milk and a kitten as you follow this step-by-step guide into the colorful world of an intuitive feeler.
I prefer hot chocolate and a bunny, if it's all the same to you.

*settles in and waits for more*

So far the introversion parts are terribly familiar. Maybe you could post a little more on developing imagination?

Reactions: InTheFridge

·
Registered
99 Posts
To all outsiders *ahem* I mean guests in our lovely forum, this is absolutely 100% true. Follow this to truly understand us.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Thank you! You said to try a different sense, so I decided to taste my walls. :tongue: White tastes quite okay.

·
Registered
798 Posts
The introversion part sounds familiar, other than being bothered by them talking to the lamp. I'd be relieved, because I thought they were all going to try and talk to ME. Ugh...

Imagination, sure...umm...not so much about sensory things, though. NT goes-- Wow, that zombie show wasn't too bad, but really, you're in a mall. You can't get a copy of the Anarachist's cookbook and the kitchen cleaning supplies? I know you can make something that could explode on impact and clear a path through...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts