Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will try to express it if I can.....
don't you feel like you truely loved yourself for what you are, but ocassionally started feeling that you hate yourself although you don't really do? Mainly because people are always dissaproving what you do, and...well, you start behaving in a way that's not yours.
Is that my shadow? what it is?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
In some respects, I feel like I've lived the high life and the low life. I've been the most popular person at school, I've done well in sports, and accomplished a number of things above and beyond my years. However, in other instances, I've been the hermit, been forgettable, and I've been told I'd go nowhere in life.

In the end I said F' them. It gave me the drive to surpass anyone that thinks they're better than me, yet the concern to worry about anyone who believes they're beneath me, or anyone else for that matter.

With all that I'm generally reasonably happy and motivated. I enjoy who I am, faults or not. However, I do have moments of weakness. I notice that I've have a hard time finding someone I can truly connect with on a psychological level. This causes problems with friendships / relationships down the road. I can still hang out with, anyone really, but I get bored of them far too quickly. I usually try to think it's their fault, why haven't they thought about _________, but when you meet enough people like that then you wonder if you're the one that's simply odd.

·
Registered
752 Posts
This happens to me, too.

If I had to guess, I would say that mainly introverts go through the same thing, but I'm probably sadly mistaken.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Be who you are!! It's only your low self esteem. The people who discourage you don't know any better. Don't think you are a failure, there's more to you than that. I am SURE.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I will try to express it if I can.....
don't you feel like you truely loved yourself for what you are, but ocassionally started feeling that you hate yourself although you don't really do? Mainly because people are always dissaproving what you do, and...well, you start behaving in a way that's not yours.
Is that my shadow? what it is?
I haven't been where you're talking about inside myself, but I can kind of relate. You're speaking about submission to others' suggestions instead of your own, right? To answer your question, it seems like a battle between impression to others and expression of yourself to me.

Reactions: Hammerhand

·
Registered
299 Posts
I haven't been where you're talking about inside myself, but I can kind of relate. You're speaking about submission to others' suggestions instead of your own, right? To answer your question, it seems like a battle between impression to others and expression of yourself to me.
Agreed

Does it happen when you are under peer pressure, or all the time?
I know I can do things I despise, but I dislike the action in itself, and try not to judge myself for it. Instead I try to strengthen my resolve to avoid those actions.

Or if it's stress related, such as acting out, doing negative impulsive things, or just becoming 'mean' to others (which you later regret), I'd guess it might be some sort of shadow episode/self defense to manage.

Then again, I'm no expert on this, or on others for the matter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts