Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soo I've been reading the threads on here and I find them very interesting! I'm an INFJ myself and my boyfriend is an ISTP. We've been official for over 2 months and he's amazing! I love how you guys have this sexual appeal and carefree, laid back attitude. There is one thing I am concerned about and was hoping you guys could help me out :)
Sometimes he does get in these moods where he is just really quiet and doesn't feel like doing anything. Kinda distant. Maybe he just needs space to himself or maybe he is bored of me? I don't know.. but he makes it clear to me that he's happy and I'm not doing anything wrong. Then he'll lean his head back on the couch again and not do a thing..

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
So....you're concerned that he's an introvert?

I'm not understanding what the issue is.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
True. But I'm an introvert too but I don't shut down when I'm with him the way he does sometimes.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
He probably just wanted to veg. the fact that he can veg with you in the room is a compliment to you.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I'll just stop asking him whats wrong or if hes bored or if hes cranky. Will this mood go away eventually?

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
How to figure out an ISTP: A step by step guide.

Step 1: Don't.

---

Just to clarify here, they key to ISTPs and 'understanding' them is not to overthink all of their actions - if we say or act as though we need alone time, give it to us.

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Yea I'll just stop asking him whats wrong or if hes bored or if hes cranky. Will this mood go away eventually?
You need a more pragmatic approach. "This too shall pass". With that knowledge, you're armed for life.
His mood will go away and return and go away and return for as long as he's wired the way he is. Mostly it's lack of energy after a project or lack of enthusiasm between projects or sudden boredom during a drawn-out, boring part of a project, or maybe he just spent too much time with people and needed to recharge. In other words: Nothing to worry about if it doesn't extend for several weeks. If it does, you need to give him a kick in his butt so he starts doing something to activate his Se. Even better: Pull him along to do something he might enjoy. Mountain biking, paintball, rock climbing or just plain, dumb workout. Anything to make him use his body and enjoy the present.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I don't know.. but he makes it clear to me that he's happy and I'm not doing anything wrong. Then he'll lean his head back on the couch again and not do a thing..
Ok, first if you bother him with the "is something wrong" type of questions it will just annoy him and he will begin to distance himself. So just be very careful with that. Just a heads up..

And with his quiet nature, its not a problem. There isn't a double meaning to him not talking or verbally interacting. I would almost bet that he doesn't realize that he's doing it and her probably doesn't know that it is bothing you as much as it is.

Speak with him about it so then he knows that its something you dislike, and I bet once as he knows he will try harder to improve it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You need a more pragmatic approach. "This too shall pass". With that knowledge, you're armed for life.
His mood will go away and return and go away and return for as long as he's wired the way he is. Mostly it's lack of energy after a project or lack of enthusiasm between projects or sudden boredom during a drawn-out, boring part of a project, or maybe he just spent too much time with people and needed to recharge. In other words: Nothing to worry about if it doesn't extend for several weeks. If it does, you need to give him a kick in his butt so he starts doing something to activate his Se. Even better: Pull him along to do something he might enjoy. Mountain biking, paintball, rock climbing or just plain, dumb workout. Anything to make him use his body and enjoy the present.
I did ask him if he wanted to do something. He just said no.

Next time I'll just give him his space and wait for him to approach me when hes had enough alone time to recharge his batteries.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Yep, like what @Falling Leaves said: just, don't.

The fact that he can relax with you is a sign he's very comfortable. Enjoy quiet time. Use your J and plan something to do later.

Reactions: Sheena20
1 - 14 of 14 Posts