Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Macabre
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey! so only type I have down pretty reasonably is my enneagram (5w4 sx/one of the other ones), and I've, never really given much thought to socionics in my 6 years of being off-and on extremely interested in typology, simply because i knew jack shit about it. but now I'm drawn to it more and more. Here's the questionnaire! my answers will be in italics for ease of understanding. please note I have been stumbling over my words in a bit of a brain-fog recently, so not all will be worded as I want it to be.

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
Work has a lot of meanings that come to me, due to, I suppose the ambiguities in language. for this question I want to focus on work as in careers/jobs. work to me is, something that feels, remote but very close. something I have to do to survive, and know very well, but an alien experience while performing them. I've been stuck in menial jobs often, in addition to doing academic research, and the menial jobs are the work. the things I love, I would do regardless of finances, I consider those things my passions, my drive, my life. Work in this sense, is what you do to get by. I'm not too much of a utopianist, I know it's something you have to do, and I don't want to complain, but my heart isn't in it. Even, my coffee-shop job, wasn't work. It was, an experience, where I could talk to and meet people. I think I'm very biased about what I consider work, because these all are, by definition, jobs. I don't know why I think of work as negative, while I have enjoyed a great many jobs. a feeling of dread about wasting my life, I think is the cause. It feels like a lack of freedom. I don't know why all people go to work, I can't draw assumptions about everyone like that. I do it to survive, and have the abilities and freedoms I want to do other things.
2. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
Quality of work can be determined by standards put in place for the task, personal wishes for how the task is done, or the effort put into it. Usually it is a mix of some or all of these. I judge others's work by the last two, but my own usually by the first. When purchasing things, quality is typically my top priority, along with some sort of ethical standpoint. I'd gladly spend more money on something I think is done well. I'd like to say I have a good eye for it, too.
3. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
I have huge self-doubt and impostor syndrome. I'd admire them wholly, become very interested, but all twinged, and then overpowered, with a feeling of helplessness and despair, if it is something I want to do. If it's not something I'm personally interested, I wouldn't care, but when it comes to my fields, I wouldn't stop beating myself up over it, and sometimes it may go so far as for me to quit my pursuits,typically temporarily, in a bout of hopelessness.
4. If you struggle to do something, what can you say about such a task? Tell us your next steps and give examples. Compare with actions of others in a similar situation.
All people struggle. It's how you learn things, and do things. It's perfectly natural, and overcoming it feels amazing.
I, though, tend to forget that. I think that I'm stupid, the task is impossible, everyone is better than me, I should never try anything again. Usually, though, I see through that after a while, and realize I want to keep attempting, and have something I'm very, very proud of.

5. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?
I want to say I'd be enthralled, to build something of such great importance. If, say, I learned I was working with genomic research to cure diseases, I'd be so excited. I have a huge drive to do something grand and significant. I don't think though, that I'd realize the importance if I was in ancient Egypt. I'd probably just get pissed off about having to build this fucking massive thing for this fucking emperor, and do everything I could not to do it, simply out of spite.

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean? Give examples.
general to specific, or deduction, is taking a broad statement about something, something that is true in the, again, general, matter, and then applying it to smaller pieces that are more specifically true about certain examples. many proofs are written this way in mathematics, starting with a broadly true statement, and applying that truth to a specific instant trying to be proved, thus inferring the small-scale truth from the large. that's a very non-technical description, but all goes. specific-to-general, or inductive reasoning, is often a bit shaky. it takes small truths about certain instances,
and goes to extrapolate a larger truth from that set, which leads to uncertainty. I tend to think inductive reasoning doesn't work in perspectives needing fine-tuned logical analysis, but in the everyday world of social interactions, you can't function without it. I am pretty bad at it in relationships, though...

2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view? Is it is easy for you to be logical?
logic is a practice. when someone says something is logical, it means the steps follow clearly from the next. this isn't the common view, and I every drop of my firey drug-fuled being wants to slap reddit logic bros accross the face. I don't know if it's ~easy~ for me to be logical, but it's a skill I've practiced.
3. What is hierarchy? Give examples of hierarchies. Do you need to follow it? Why or why not? Give example of hierarchy of systems, what is it?
hierarchies, can basically be seen as an arrangement, where groups or singular members are represented by some sort of leveling, whether importance, value, rank, whatever. do you need to follow it? well, that very much depends on the kind of hierarchy. hierarchies are incredibly important for the mapping of information and how things relate. I'm not going to say worth or value are non-existent, or not useful. I think political and social hierarchies become fuzzy, and typically corrupt and, not good for human beings, in their current state. Maybe they can exist positively someday. I don't know my thoughts on that yet. I'm a bad anarchist.
4. Choose one of the following terms and classify it: musical styles; means of transportation; taxes; fuel materials; animals.
so I basically just chose this one because musical styles are something I'm incredibly passionate about. musical styles are not the same as genres in my mind, but I want to explain both? musical styles or styling can exist in one piece or song, or artist, the trends of how they put their work together. an artist uses a lot of samples of elvis presley? that's a stylization. genres are shared histories, conventions, traditions, methods, that many pieces of music and artists share. genres as used by people who listen to music, but don't, you know, spend their time writing about music on an academic level, typically view genres as similarities in sound, and themes. certain instrumentation patterns or sounds are often the trademark of these genres, and less commonly themes or the emotions they invoke. I mean, gothic rock is a whole genre devoted to theme, but things like "hard rock" can vary incredibly differently in thematic content! other genre markers used, but less commonly referred to as genre, but I see as, almost more important in analysis, are the historical and geographic contexts the music was conceived in.

5. Do you frequently feel the need to structure information? For what purpose? How do people usually do it? How do you do it?
as you can, uh, probably see, structuring information is a huge thing for me. it helps me shape my worldview, understanding how things fit in and having a framework. it's how i like to experience the world, all these connections!

1. Can you press people? What methods do you use? If so, how does it happen?
I accidentally berate people a lot, not as a methodology or as an attack, but just because... I want to, know things! I'm too curious about things people won't tell me. it sticks in my mind.
3. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
distancing. I'm terrified of people. I love them. They're amazing, and beautiful, and awe-inspiring, just as a group, us humans are, and I wish I could just, befriend everyone! I care about people a lot! But I isolate myself, either with coldness or overbearing warmth, trying to make people only understand me on a surface level, so they can't judge me in ways that mean anything. if you mean physically, kendo, baby.
4. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
alternatively stubborn and contrarian, or shy and hidden. More recently I'm comfortable enough to tell people exactly how I feel. Stand my ground, and tell them what I believe is right. Even to a futile extent, where if someone isn't listening I won't give up. In the past, due to,,, a history of abuse as a child, I would just give in to what people told me at face value, afraid of their aggression, while still harboring my own beliefs.
5. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
I don't know shit about what people think of me if they don't tell me. I don't know if others view me as strong, I've been told I am from a few close friends in a meaningful way, and by random strangers in a kind of, patronizing, "oh, you're chronically ill/lgbt/mentally ill, you're so strong to be open about it...." that doesn't mean anything. Do I see myself as strong? as with everything I feel, in turns, yes and no. I know I'm stubborn and want to get through things life throws at me, I want to become the best me, even though it's super hard. But I tend to think of myself as weak, overly-sensitive and fragile, because for so long, my perception of strength was rooted in this kind of stoicism.

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?
is beauty aestheticism, things that catch our eye, colors and shapes and forms we're drawn to? perhaps so. for me,
I'm drawn to... vastness and awe. my sense of beauty from an artistic standpoint, heavily ties to whatever elicits these great responses, sometimes emotional, sometimes more cognitive, though you really can't separate the two, pain, love,
sympathy, excitement and joy, and most notably wonder. I fucking love the sensawunda. why do sci-fi veterans get onto people about feeling awestruck? stop being such spoilsport-ass basement dudes. in terms of what makes people beautiful for me, attraction, there are things I'm drawn to, but for me that's much less understandable than artistic beauty. what they do have in common is, as I'm more emotionally attached or close to an experience, a person, a work of art, they always become more beautiful. does mine correlate with the generally accepted notion? in art, I think often yes. in people, not typically. i'm often more drawn to imperfections, irregularities, little bits that make a person themselves, to me. and hooked noses are just hot. end point.

2. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classic beauty"? If so, what is it?
1.) fuck no. 2.) yes, but it exists only on societal trends. 3.) it fluctuates based on culture and time
3. How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?
I love making myself feel, safe but with the means to explore. just feeling lost in thought, but knowing my thoughts aren't going to take a turn, no one is going to hurt me, I am at rest for this moment. for me, i love sensory things! tastes, smells, textures I know and love, cooking new things, making myself feel rested and not caught up in the bustle of the world. just, spending time to make my little space in the universe in that moment exactly how I want it.
4. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
ooh, I love fashion and style. I like to look at trends, but they don't mean anything to me more than a marker of what people are doing right now. What's more important is, something similar to genre, in music, or styles and movements in art. fashion is completely, 100% an art form. fashion may be often less about making big statements as most art currently, but that's a reason I love it. I love to revel in the aestheticism. My current style is kind of a return to naivety? very childish, but not like "kid's fashion." the kind of outfits you'd pick out as a kid because you think you just look so cool. for me a lot of that was mismatched and chaotic, but I feel so cool and confident. I value comfortable pieces that are well-made and easy to live in for the most part, I will definitely splurge on a piece, not for brand-name or recognition, but because I appreciate the craftsmanship in it.
5. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
minimalist but cozy, crisp, clean colors. natural light and lots of walking space and airflow. plants, floral arrangements. everything has both a meaning and a purpose. books, art supplies, a well-ordered desk that will never stay well-ordered. a nice collection of kitchenware. a reasonably sized-bed, probably full sized mattress, big enough to be comfortable but not wasteful. a place for working, but made for dreaming. i do it myself, or with whoever will be living with me. i can do it on my own. i know what i want better.

1. Is it acceptable to express emotions in public? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
always. expression only becomes inappropriate if you risk the well-being of yourself or others. something not being societally acceptable doesn't mean it risks well-being.
2. Think of such negative emotional states as sadness, gloom, and despondence.

Can you, at your own will, enter these states? If not, then when do you feel them?
yes.
How long can you stay in such states?
honestly until i withdraw myself from them. when they start, it's up to me to get out, and sometimes i can't. they've lasted years at times. i think i'm most frequently in some dull-level depression. i have cyclothymia and schizotypal personality disorder, which probably adds to this.
How can you withdraw from them?
searching for things i love, focusing on tasks that help my life progress, being around people who help me, psychoactive medication.
Can they be pleasant, soothing?
they often are to some degree, even at their most horrible, even when suicidal.
How do you feel after you have experienced them?
understanding, relief. i feel like i've learned something about myself. i feel, curious and at peace. that's only after fully getting out, and typically they start again.

3. How quickly can you change emotional state? To what side – positive or negative?
my emotional state changes course many times in a day, sometimes to extremes. it's far easier for me to dip into negativity than the positive, though.
4. What emotional state is usual for you? Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
a dull sadness, distance, and paranoia if i'm doing poorly, curious and gentle, if somewhat too friendly, if i'm doing well. it's very easy for me to show negative emotions, i always do, i have to work to hide them. it's hard for me to socially express my positivity in person, over text, of course I can, but in person I'm often seen as aloof if I don't work extra-hard to show more cues than I usually would, which usually comes off as overly friendly and maybe creepy. it's a zero sum game.
5. Tell us about your moods over the last day.
last two days: yesterday-depressed, reclusive, paranoid, turning into an anxious, painful, but overall hopeful reconnection with an old friend, which today became a new found vibrancy and a huge sense of pride of how far i've come, punctuated with a warm gentle love for my partner of !!almost two years now!!

1. Tell us how did you build relationships with others over the last day.
talked to an old friend who i abandoned out of a sort of hedgehog's dillema, and always wanted to come back, but felt too guilty to face it. i faced it. it was, rocky, he tried to hate me for a long time, he said, but we realized we wanted to be close, even though it will be very difficult now. he seemed afraid to try. i did not, but i was the one in the wrong by leaving, so it makes sense why he is scared and not me.
2. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to? How do you express it?
sympathy is caring for people's well being, empathy is understanding someone's emotions, in two forms, cognitive and affective. affective is the ability to viscerally feel an emotion similar to what someone is feeling in response, cognitive is the ability to put yourself in the situation and understand the why and how. i have very poor cognitive empathy and typically feel horrible about it. i think sympathy should be shown whenever you feel it, but never forced.
3. Are there any standards of behavior or interpersonal relationships in the society? If so, do you adhere to them? Do people always have to maintain them? Why?
yes, there are. i adhere to a simple one, that of attempting to understand, but not giving consent or approval, to all views given to you, not being malicious for no reason, and being upfront and honest in close personal relationships, to the best of my ability. i expect the same from others, but that doesn't mean people have to, or even perhaps should. that is just what i need from the people i surround myself in.
5. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you feel ill-disposed towards somebody for a long time? How easily do you forgive people?
depends on the person. i won't care for long, just an immediate and then dissipated reaction, if you aren't either an important part of my life, or giving me constructive advice/criticism. i can. i'm afraid to. i think i need to more. i can hold grudges, but i don't like to. only when there's a prominent risk of what hurt me happening again, because the person isn't attempting to not do it. negative feelings about people for me harbor from them hurting others. even though it's hard for me to feel particularly connected to those i don't know, i have a strong sense of justice and drive for people to be treated well.

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
haven't found a set one yet. it's more fun not knowing.
2. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's traits?
i can't say anything. "yup, that's a human being." maybe. it takes me a long time to truly get to know someone. even if I see deep, lasting traits about someone, I won't know how deep and lasting they are until I stay around them.
3. 'Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.' (Albert Einstein). What is the core of stupidity? Explain the reason for its infinity. How does thinking of a fool differ?
ignorance, honestly. there's an infinite amount of knowable things, and infinite ways to disregard them.
4. Truth, half-truth and lie: where is the borderline between these concepts? Are "pure" states possible, and how can collection of true facts turn into lies?
everything has biases, because you can't just stop perceiving the world. we can only really approximate them. i think it's important to strive for a pure state, but don't expect to reach it. there's a difference between bias and just outright deceit, though.
5. Ideas do not have to be correct in order to be good. What's your attitude towards this statement?
incorrect ideas can inspire correct ones. the pursuit of understanding is far more important than reaching an eternal monolith of truth. wrong does not equal worthless.

1. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
it's scary, but it's always happening. sometimes it feels like you've met someone new, sometimes you can barely, or not at all, tell. i'd hate to meet someone who never changed though. eternal infant.
4. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
always. i have like, no internal clock. i worry myself about it and see it as horrible, but i don't care at all if others are late as long as what we were planning to do can still be done.

5. Tell us your thoughts on the topic of "Influence of fortune on my life."
fortune/luck is either induced by you, induced by others around you making good things happen for you, or, in a more true form of fortune/luck, a short period of the indeterminacy of the world behaving in a psuedo-pattern. it's either decisions or randomness, not any sort of force or supernatural effect. which is all the more beautiful.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts