Personality Cafe banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want you to find me at least two videos that offer some insight to the city / state / or country you grew up in or currently reside. Preferably, aim for the smaller scale (city), but if you're having a harder time then step it up.

So...
Mention what city / state / and or country is represented. Don't worry if someone else posted yours already, just use different videos.
Video #1 - Is ideally something to do with landscape (environmental), sights and sounds -- tourism videos are best for this.
Video #2 - The type of people from there or special moments in its history. Celebrities are sometimes your best bet, so maybe a song from a musician? Anthem? A sports team? -- On the flip side, maybe a tragic event? Or a great accomplishment.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

If you wish, feel free to tack anything else on that you find important or interesting.

Honestly, while I know that... Assman69 is from Arizona, it doesn't have much of a definition to a Canadian like me. So, I'm curious about associating your personality with where you're from, but also having some visual images too. Yes, I'm generalizing, but it's better than drawing a blank and going "You're from Arizona? Nice!"

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
231 Posts
This video is actually from this Labor Day's Watermelon Festival 2010.

I don't consider myself a hick, but a lot of people here do. :)

It's mostly from the Scavenger Hunt and the Demolition Derby. Not too shabby. I know all these people, and I have to admit...we are all a bunch of cornfed country boys & girls. lol

YouTube - Clyde Watermelon Festival 2010

Reactions: Lad

·
Registered
759 Posts
Hrm. Where I live now and where I'm from are different so I'll post a video of each since I don't feel right saying I'm from Texas just because I live here, and all the videos for the town I come from in New Jersey kind of suck :frustrating:

Where I live now:

YouTube - pt 5/5 2007 Veterans Day Parade Nacogdoches Tx

This is a college town (Stephen F Austin University) of about 20,000 people. I work about 50 minutes away in a town of only 6,000 people. So I do the commute because there is just a nicer standard of living and more stuff to do in Nacogdoches. Although it isn't spelled this way, most people pronounce the town as "Nah-gah-DOH-ches" or just say Nag for short.

Here is where I'm from:

YouTube - Tubing on Lake Hopatcong, NJ July 2010

I mostly grew up in Jersey in a town called "Hopatcong," which is not to be confused with the different town "Lake Hopatcong" right next to it, and both towns have shores along Lake Hopatcong, the lake, which is also the biggest lake in New Jersey :tongue: Most videos I found for the town deal with doing something on the lake and it is a bit of a tourist destination for people from NYC who don't want to travel too far to do boating and fishing and such. The town only has about 15,000 people, but all the towns in NJ just run right up against one another so you feel like you are living in a giant suburb, as opposed to Texas where the nearest real town of more than 15,000 people is 30 minutes away. Pronunciation on this one is "Hoe-PAT-kong."

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
Reactions: Lad and AllorNuthin

·
Registered
717 Posts
This is where I grew up. I haven't lived there for eight years (KY five years, SC two years, now NC again), but I visit frequently. It has been the most constant and is the place I feel most connected to. I have a lot of 'homes' there. A lot of my extended family lives there. We seem to leave and come back, so I will probably end up there eventually. Either that or become a vagabond! :tongue:

YouTube - Charlotte's Video Tour

YouTube - Welcome to Charlotte

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
YouTube - My visit to Edmonton

I don't know this guy but he seems like a typical inhabitant of this place. This video is probably boring, but if you want to know what it's like to live where I live, I think it's a pretty realistic perspective... I was standing in the exact same spot at university station an hour ago. Hah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKQkr25w06E

here's some cheesy promotional video for the lolz

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts