Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm a guy INFJ (which I heard wasn't very common :/ ), and I kind wonder if finding a person that I can relate to and eventually get in a commitment with would be easy.

I'm just not really sure which other types are easier to relate to, and whether they would be able to do the same for me.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Hmm, well there are types out there who can relate to you, just got to find them. :) I don't have single friend in real life who's INFJ or anything. But I've got many different friends who I relate well with who are ENFP, or ENFJ, or INTJ, etc. But like any person, you got to talk to them first and try to get to know them. You can't be close-minded. :p

·
Banned
1,247 Posts
Well I'm a guy INFJ (which I heard wasn't very common :/ ), and I kind wonder if finding a person that I can relate to and eventually get in a commitment with would be easy.

I'm just not really sure which other types are easier to relate to, and whether they would be able to do the same for me.

I think another INFJ would be compatible with you.
I read from a website that men who are INFJ, INFP, and INTP tend to marry women of their same type, while women who are INFJ and ENFJ tend to marry men who are of their same type.

·
Registered
932 Posts
ENFJ are wonderful people! Are they are usually easier to spot ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
I like INTJ and ENTP. If you're more on the emotional side ENFP might be a better match.

Of course, there are all kinds of different people within these personality types but I've seen so many predicted type interaction issues come true in past relationships that I do think it helps to at least understand what those issues might be before you fall too hard. For example, I fell in love with an ISTJ and we ended up breaking up because despite being compatible in so many ways we just weren't able to understand each other at a deep level (actually, it was more one sided than that...).

·
Registered
438 Posts
I believe all types can be in a relationship with one another. Communication is always key. My mother is INFJ and my father an ISTJ. My brother is ENFP, his wife an ISFP. Types are not defining for a relationship, as long as both people are willing to try to understand how the other person works. If you want to hear it according to functions, the best matches for an INFJ are ENFJ and INFP.

When you meet someone you like, just go for it. You're probably a sensitive and caring person, don't forget to show that to the people around you. In the end you'll meet someone you can relate to, maybe you have to try for some time, maybe change part of yourself. As long as you think it's worth it.

Any specific reason you asked this question @Hanaseru

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
All types can work for anyone,
Just make sure they have the same values,
Similar goals,
And the same motivation to make things work together as you do :)

I wouldn't look for any specific type as that'll probably lead to a bit of a "tunnel vision" thing going on!
Keep the field open,
And you'll find someones no matter their type!

·
Banned
14,145 Posts

I'm not really sure you're ever going to find someone to "relate to and if you do, chances are, they wouldn't be your romantic partner. I kinda think that complimentary opposites are the best for potential mates. I'm not really serious about dating right now, but I did find myself seeing one person and not really caring about getting out there so much. It just takes time. I find that in person is way more cumbersome because I'm not understood as much. (persons not into MBTI nor ever would be). I guess I really like the feeling of being understood as opposed to feeling like I can relate. This isn't to say the person has to agree or be like me(at all) but rather, just to be able to comprehend me in a deeper way than most (which isn't really happening with the person I'm seeing). Not gonna lie .. I really don't see me settling down with a sensor, at all. There is just this weird disconnect I can't explain. And considering the majority of the population are sensors, I suppose when I'm really wanting, I'll have to get a little more creative as to finding the intuitives in my area. :p

aside from the intuitive aspect, I agree with everyone else that really, any type could be a potential partner and be a fabulous one at that. Only that, imo, I prefer extroverts over introverts (it feels like they balance me out more), and thinkers opposed to feelers. intuitive regardless. I guess I kind of see both sides because core values and long term goals will inevitably make or break any romantic dynamic. If someone wanted to eventually have 5 kids and a farm house, they wouldn't be the person for me no matter how intuitive, extroverted, or thinker-ish they were.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think another INFJ would be compatible with you.
I read from a website that men who are INFJ, INFP, and INTP tend to marry women of their same type, while women who are INFJ and ENFJ tend to marry men who are of their same type.
INFP and INFJ women appear to have an easier time with dating guys who are of a different type. (Then again, I usually come across a lot more INFJ and INFP women than INFP and INFJ men, so perhaps that observation is flawed!) xD

General consensus with INFJ men is that they either end up dating fellow INFJs, or they simply do not date at all. (Wouldn't really know, I haven't bothered trying for a relationship in years which I find rather curious). Perhaps they don't feel content unless they feel thoroughly understood. *shrug*

I like INTJ and ENTP. If you're more on the emotional side ENFP might be a better match.
All the ENTPs that I've met have had little or no grasp on the concepts of "boundaries" and "personal space". You tell them that you want to be completely alone for a while in order to recharge, and they nod as if they completely understand you.... BUT THEN! Then suddenly decide to come scaling up the 2-story wall, in a hula skirt with a pair of maracas like spider man in Hawaii, and then they leap in through the fucking window!!!

"Heymotherfuckerletsplay!" :D *p'tch! p'tch! p'tch!*

and then you're like: "You'd better hope those maracas can function as wings." >:I

Rofl, so yeah, based on that it really depends on the INFJ and what they find attractive; the OP needs to get out and interact with many types (something we're not all that well known for doing on our own). xD

I find that in person is way more cumbersome because I'm not understood as much. (persons not into MBTI nor ever would be). I guess I really like the feeling of being understood as opposed to feeling like I can relate. This isn't to say the person has to agree or be like me(at all) but rather, just to be able to comprehend me in a deeper way than most (which isn't really happening with the person I'm seeing).
That's a really good point, considering how much better INFJs usually are at expressing their thoughts and feelings in words as opposed to in person. Perhaps dating websites is a good idea for that reason alone.

Not gonna lie .. I really don't see me settling down with a sensor, at all.
I thought that said "senior", lmfao.

Reactions: petite libellule

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have come to realize its the ENFP that really does it for me. In fact, that is the reasons I came here in the first place. However misguided that may be. I run a very close balance between infj and intj though so its already a rather odd situation for me. ENFP brings me the glory of the sun and I still dont have to leave my cave of happy calm to do it. They are an enigma to me and one I cant seem to resist!

·
Registered
142 Posts
All the ENTPs that I've met have had little or no grasp on the concepts of "boundaries" and "personal space". You tell them that you want to be completely alone for a while in order to recharge, and they nod as if they completely understand you.... BUT THEN! Then suddenly decide to come scaling up the 2-story wall, in a hula skirt with a pair of maracas like spider man in Hawaii, and then they leap in through the fucking window!!!

"Heymotherfuckerletsplay!" :D *p'tch! p'tch! p'tch!*

and then you're like: "You'd better hope those maracas can function as wings." >:I
BWAHahahaha! Love it. That's hilarious. I guess sometimes I like that to pull me out of alone time. My ENTJ and ENFP best friends will do that too. xo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.