Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just caught myself in something while using Instagram and Facebook. In my hastiness I caught two separate people making, what I thought, were incorrect statements and almost getting a high from knowing I could call them out on this. Then, in both scenarios, I made the realization that their statement was actually correct. I was then kind of deflated and disappointed, I guess because I couldn't "get the better of them."

I realize this sounds kind of awful, but it's true and when I caught myself doing this, I thought I'd share it with others to kind of analyze it a bit.

Does anyone else relate to thinking in this way? Do you think it would relate to any particular Enneagram points in any way, shape or form?

·
Registered
390 Posts
So I just caught myself in something while using Instagram and Facebook. In my hastiness I caught two separate people making, what I thought, were incorrect statements and almost getting a high from knowing I could call them out on this. Then, in both scenarios, I made the realization that their statement was actually correct. I was then kind of deflated and disappointed, I guess because I couldn't "get the better of them."

I realize this sounds kind of awful, but it's true and when I caught myself doing this, I thought I'd share it with others to kind of analyze it a bit.

Does anyone else relate to thinking in this way? Do you think it would relate to any particular Enneagram points in any way, shape or form?
Self observation! some times you catch it later, some times during or even before the act. That means you see things that your personality usually doesn't allow you to see. The more this happens the better :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.