Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I'm super-new here so I thought I'd give this a try. I took the "basic?" Enneagram quiz and rated as a "6", however I wanted to see what others think I will score out as.

Btw, please don't be offended if you PM me and I don't respond. Since I have less than 10 post I cant...

Thanks,
ZDD

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Being someone who can look in the mirror and can be happy with the person staring back. I look for ways to become a better person than I was the day before. Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I'm just here for the ride. I have already had "accomplishments" and I don't really have the willpower or drive to start all over and do something else. I'm really happy where I'm at right now.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I avoid doing things that make life difficult for others. As a manger I believe in leading with positive reinforcement rather than negative reinforcement. Negative is easier, for sure (well, for me), but positive reinforcement has better and more satisfying returns for the effort.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I'm more afraid of losing those closest to me than almost anything else. The people I care the most for, and trust, are what keep me grounded.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I don't really "hope" others see me as something other than what I am. First impressions that people have of me don't always equal what is underneath.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel my best when I know that I've helped someone, whether by actually doing something or just listening to their concerns. I've been told that I'm a great listener. My worst is when my best intentions backfire on me and something goes horribly wrong, or someone mistakes what I've said or done for something it is not. I think that happens a LOT with ESFJ's. We may not show it, but deep down we are horrified when we try to help and it upsets someone. I think that's the worst...

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

I internalize anger, keeping from lashing out. If I can't speak my mind in a calm manner I do something that makes me happier, which sometimes isn't very healthy. I'm not sure that I experience shame. I have regrets, but I'm not so sure about actual shame. Anxiety? Yes I experience it, not sure how to describe it though.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

Ack, more words to classify feelings. I have occasional stress, I'm not a big fan of change whether it's expected or not, and I work very hard to diffuse conflict. Anger is a response to pain, physical or mental. I either meet conflict head-on and address the pain, or I avoid it if I feel that I can't make a difference in the conflict.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

Authority and power.... Power is the ability to make someone do something they normally wouldn't. Authority is the right to use Power. I don't think someone can have power over you unless you let them. When someone tries to exert "power" over me, my typical response is to push back and refuse.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Unless we get a handle on our population problem I think the overall quality of life will continue to decline. We seem to be more concerned about extending life than thinking about the quality of the life at the end. Yes, we can live longer, but what happens when you outlive your money, your loved ones and your mind.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

I wish I could give specifics, but I have trust issues with large groups. Suffice it to say that major events generally bring out the leader in me. I take control of my emotions and the safety of those around me, at least until the "event" is over.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

My wife and my closest friends have my trust. Beyond that, I allow people in closer depending on the amount of time that I've known them and our history.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

See answer #11 above

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

I think I'm a good judge of character, which sometimes amounts to judging how close to let someone get to me before they are "too close". I don't know that the majority of people can perceive danger signals in the behavior of others like I can. I don't judge people based on age, race, sex, status, but rather on their mannerisms and how they act. It's not something you can pick up a book and read how to do; it comes naturally and from experiences.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

Insults from strangers are meaningless. Insults from people that I've let come close cause deep wounds. Complements... :blushed:

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

I'm thankful for surviving so long. It's been a bumpy ride, lol.

·
Banned
2,198 Posts
Hello and welcome!

6 is a possibility, yes, but I think you should read about 9, too. Especially those parts feel 9ish to me:
I have already had "accomplishments" and I don't really have the willpower or drive to start all over and do something else. I'm really happy where I'm at right now.
I avoid doing things that make life difficult for others.
I internalize anger, keeping from lashing out. If I can't speak my mind in a calm manner I do something that makes me happier, which sometimes isn't very healthy.
Which sounds more like you?
ocean-moonshine.net said:
Nines and Sixes can easily mistype or be mistyped by others, although Nines more commonly mistype or are mistyped as Sixes than the reverse. This is exacerbated by the fact that both Sixes and Nines tend to be blinded to the nature of their respective fixations. In addition, many Sixes do not appear to be visibly anxious and some Nines do. Overall, however, Nines lack the nervous mental energy of type Six. Nines moreover tend to be trusting and optimistic about the future; they tend to see the best in others. This is almost never the case with Sixes who have a suspicious streak, generally believe that there is something possibly threatening just below the surface and often have a very cautious view about the future outcome of present events.
BTW, I really like your username :)

Reactions: Zombie Devil Duckie

·
Auntie Duckie
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks :) One of my student workers gave me a zombie devil duckie before she left and I still have it on my PC.

I might need to take the Enneagram again. Based on your observations I'm willing to see if it's true. To be honest... I was a little rushed for time and it was at the end of the day when I took the Enneagram test.

TY again for the reply!!

-ZDD

·
Registered
354 Posts
Thanks :) One of my student workers gave me a zombie devil duckie before she left and I still have it on my PC.

I might need to take the Enneagram again. Based on your observations I'm willing to see if it's true. To be honest... I was a little rushed for time and it was at the end of the day when I took the Enneagram test.

TY again for the reply!!

-ZDD
I would rather suggest you to do some more reading than just taking another test. Have you read this?

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
@Zombie Devil Duckie - You seem more like a Six than a Nine, but I'm not 100% sure. I mistyped myself as a Nine despite the fact that I was apparently a 6w7. While I related to everything in the 9w1 description, my motivations were that of a Six. It seems you're a healthy type, whatever you are. :) I like seeing that. Six integrates to Nine, so if you're a healthy Six, that means you'll definitely see a lot of Nine in yourself. And that's a good thing! A thing to watch out for is that most of the time, descriptions portray Six is a fearful worried anxious thing that can't ever be courageous. Which isn't true at all. Six is one of the most complex and diverse types.

I suggest rather than looking for more tests, as they are going to be more misleading than anything else (I have never once gotten an accurate result from that Enneagram test here at PerC!), to look up information. When I first took the test on PerC, it told me my core was 5w4. ^^ Lol. I'm not close at all to a type Five. One thing to keep in mind is that the Head triad is motivated by fear, the Image/Heart triad by shame, and the Body/Gut triad by anger. I suggest looking at these links, as they have some of the better descriptions out there:

Typewatch Enneagram: Typewatch Enneagram Type Descriptions

the enneagram ...info from the underground

Look around. Look at all the types. Tell me what you think about them. ^^

1 - 5 of 5 Posts