Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

where do you even start or begin in turns of finding the right kind of work that suits you?

I'm not really a career person, and am not that interesting in climbing the ladder. I mostly only want something that pays the bills, and a semi-comfy lifestyle. I'm not materialistic, and I sort of enjoy a simple-life...

I've realized that my skills and talents don't really fit into many entry level jobs, and am sort of feeling like I have to find some kind of a niche to fit myself into.

I have no idea where to look, or start. I've been seeing a Career-Councillor a bit, and they keep ASKING ME, what it is I'm interested in pursuing and I have no idea(would like some kind of a list..?)

I've been asked what my dream job would be, and I don't really know. I don't think life and career are separate. Just something creative and meaningful. Actually I think truthfully I think real life is boring and I wish I lived in a fantasy world but I have to make due with living here :dry:

opinions?

·
Banned
7,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I guess what I mean is in the least some sort of way to find about all the different kind of jobs/careers that are out there?

Is this a dumb questions to ask or something...?

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
I'm kinda in the same predicament as you (I'm having a hard time deciding careers...though I'm admittedly a bit materialistic). You said you like fantasy-related things...maybe get a career within a video game or book company? Maybe become an author or an artist? There's a lot of creative careers out there :laughing:.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.