Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who was your first fictional love? From a video game, book, movie, show, etc.

From what I've been reading, this type sometimes gravitates towards liking qualities seen in characters.

Mine was Stahn Aileron from Tales of Destiny. I still haven't got around to playing the re-make for Playstation 2. I'm having a hard time typing Stahn, but I'm picking up Fe dom. I went crazy on the Tales of Destiny event in Tales of the Rays, Stahn still gave off the Fe dom vibes. I can't tell if he's using Ni or Si, because he's careful about what he says. I want to say ESFJ, but I've seen hints of Ni here and there, plus I haven't played the Tales of Destiny re-make x.x That and his dialogue in Tales of the Rays threw me for a loop. Though I can say when he's thinking about how he feels to himself, the text takes an Si Ti loop. I'll leave his type as ESFJ for now.

But yeah, a guy with a talking sword, HUGE HEART, does things just because he believes helping people is the right thing to do (with no strings attached). Granted I know he didn't really have a lot going for him in his life, his life ended up becoming what it was through the people he helped. That and I can relate to being raised out in the country and struggling to find opportunities in life.

Don't mind my choice, I was a kid when this love happened. :proud:

Right now I sorta have a lady crush on Velvet Crowe, which surprised me, I didn't care for her at first. Her character development took an interesting turn and now that I can see more of the story from her perspective, she's really growing on me :happy:

·
Registered
179 Posts
God, digging back in my past is embarrassing. But, as someone who also crushes on a lot of fictional characters myself, hell I'll do it.

Mine was, when I was 10 or 11. I had heaps, but the most memorable one was Dib from Invader Zim.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I don't know what qualities I liked in him when I was a young girl, but as an adult I'd have to say it's because he was somewhat of an outcast towards the rest of the students and the awful town he lived in. Everyone thought he was crazy (which, looking at the way he acts, that's not far off) and no one believed him when it came to his paranormal accusations. He also had this methodological approach to finding evidence, and was very intelligent... but despite this, he was always isolated and alone. I guess I related to this a lot as a young girl, or I admired that aspect.

Trying to dig up any information on that particular character, I'd say he was either an INTP or INTJ. My memories lean far towards INTJ however. To me, that's hilarious.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
God, digging back in my past is embarrassing. But, as someone who also crushes on a lot of fictional characters myself, hell I'll do it.

Mine was, when I was 10 or 11. I had heaps, but the most memorable one was Dib from Invader Zim.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

I don't know what qualities I liked in him when I was a young girl, but as an adult I'd have to say it's because he was somewhat of an outcast towards the rest of the students and the awful town he lived in. Everyone thought he was crazy (which, looking at the way he acts, that's not far off) and no one believed him when it came to his paranormal accusations. He also had this methodological approach to finding evidence, and was very intelligent... but despite this, he was always isolated and alone. I guess I related to this a lot as a young girl, or I admired that aspect.

Trying to dig up any information on that particular character, I'd say he was either an INTP or INTJ. My memories lean far towards INTJ however. To me, that's hilarious.
I've never seen Invader Zim and honestly I'm ashamed I haven't. It is on my list of things to watch and I really need to start! I really appreciate you sharing ^_^ Thank you! Sometimes I think what we appreciate in characters sort of helps look for things to appreciate and relate to in others in the past present and future!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thank you! Sometimes I think what we appreciate in characters sort of helps look for things to appreciate and relate to in others in the past present and future!

You're absolutely welcome, and yes I agree with this completely. I always thought my attraction towards fictional characters, and their particular traits reflected what I desired in the real world. Especially when it comes to relationships of any manner, whether that be romantic or platonic.

·
Registered
INFP
1,516 Posts
I think maybe Ash Ketchum was my first crush on a fictional character.

My current crush is Ling from Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. :blushed:

Reactions: OHtheNovelty

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Hmmmm... I need to think about this more. But! A memory comes to mind.

Parents used to take me to the bowling alley. I'd watch them go at it. Get bored because I didn't know how to roll the ball down the lane. And that got boring. I didn't have the kiddie guards up, and the frustration and whiny growling squealing thing kids do when their frustration overwhelms them and brings them to tears happened. Then I got guards and didn't like it either way because I somehow knew that bouncing the ball off the walls meant I was guttering all over again. So I watched. Then left to go to the arcades section. My parents let me go alone. I have no clue what my age was... 7?

I only really watched one game: Mortal Kombat. No idea which version, pretty old. Nobody was playing on the machine, I'd never approach people from behind and watch across their body or something like that. Too scared of being intrusive I think. The game was displaying a scoreboard of players' high scores and default scores alike. And the background displayed a character falling inside of what seemed to be a well. Grey stones all around and the fighter just falling through space while flailing their limbs. After a certain period of time, the scoreboard would fade away. And the frame would zoom in just a little bit to focus on the character. They'd scream in terror, and then you could finally see the bottom of the well filled with spikes. They got impaled and blood would gush out in retro graphics.

Oh, okay, I found the video of the exact thing. So I remembered it wrongly. The countdown and ominous music must have really bugged me as a kid.

I probably couldn't have registered it as sexual arousal or what have you as a kid or something... not sure. But I know I felt a powerful panic deep in my gut every time I saw Sonya falling down the well @2:49. Maybe it was her character design. And what's up with her hat that doesn't fall off? Anyway. I started fantasizing about somehow saving her from hitting the spikes. Like if I had the power of flight I could catch her hand and fly out of there, beat the bad guy at the top of the well, and then leave the dungeon or tournament, or whatever setting Mortal Kombat was in that game. Seeing her die triggered a sense of helplessness in me. Some sense of grief I suppose?

I never got any farther than any fantasies of being a rescuer. Surprisingly, I'd just stand in front of the machine just to re-trigger that panicky feeling and drive to save her. Yeah, not love, but meh. I'd have to think more on a 'first love.' I think I focus more on the ideal of love rather than actually feeling attracted to a character's personality. Damsel in distress in this scenario. Don't want the pretty woman to suffer. :rolleyes:

Mom came to visit me and offered to put in some coins so I could play. I was deathly anxious at the time, playing in public and on a game I was totally new to. I picked Sonya and lost in round 2 or 3 or something like that. I don't think I stayed to watch her fall down the well again. It's like I failed to save her. :tongue:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmmm... I need to think about this more. But! A memory comes to mind.

Parents used to take me to the bowling alley. I'd watch them go at it. Get bored because I didn't know how to roll the ball down the lane. And that got boring. I didn't have the kiddie guards up, and the frustration and whiny growling squealing thing kids do when their frustration overwhelms them and brings them to tears happened. Then I got guards and didn't like it either way because I somehow knew that bouncing the ball off the walls meant I was guttering all over again. So I watched. Then left to go to the arcades section. My parents let me go alone. I have no clue what my age was... 7?

I only really watched one game: Mortal Kombat. No idea which version, pretty old. Nobody was playing on the machine, I'd never approach people from behind and watch across their body or something like that. Too scared of being intrusive I think. The game was displaying a scoreboard of players' high scores and default scores alike. And the background displayed a character falling inside of what seemed to be a well. Grey stones all around and the fighter just falling through space while flailing their limbs. After a certain period of time, the scoreboard would fade away. And the frame would zoom in just a little bit to focus on the character. They'd scream in terror, and then you could finally see the bottom of the well filled with spikes. They got impaled and blood would gush out in retro graphics.

Oh, okay, I found the video of the exact thing. So I remembered it wrongly. The countdown and ominous music must have really bugged me as a kid.

I probably couldn't have registered it as sexual arousal or what have you as a kid or something... not sure. But I know I felt a powerful panic deep in my gut every time I saw Sonya falling down the well @2:49. Maybe it was her character design. And what's up with her hat that doesn't fall off? Anyway. I started fantasizing about somehow saving her from hitting the spikes. Like if I had the power of flight I could catch her hand and fly out of there, beat the bad guy at the top of the well, and then leave the dungeon or tournament, or whatever setting Mortal Kombat was in that game. Seeing her die triggered a sense of helplessness in me. Some sense of grief I suppose?

I never got any farther than any fantasies of being a rescuer. Surprisingly, I'd just stand in front of the machine just to re-trigger that panicky feeling and drive to save her. Yeah, not love, but meh. I'd have to think more on a 'first love.' I think I focus more on the ideal of love rather than actually feeling attracted to a character's personality. Damsel in distress in this scenario. Don't want the pretty woman to suffer. :rolleyes:

Mom came to visit me and offered to put in some coins so I could play. I was deathly anxious at the time, playing in public and on a game I was totally new to. I picked Sonya and lost in round 2 or 3 or something like that. I don't think I stayed to watch her fall down the well again. It's like I failed to save her. :tongue:
I don't want to spoil anyone here, or you, but SONYA IS A TOUGH MOFO - who knows she might be saving us :D Every time she dies she comes back as a stronger TOUGH MOFO!

·
Registered
784 Posts
When I was 3 or 4, I was deeply in love with Jen (aka: a girl on sesame street). She was so smart and knew the letters and numbers. I still remember her having big brown eyes and knowing words that started with the letter 's.' I told my mom, "I'm going to marry Jen."

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Oh wow, I really had to think back for this, I've been in this thread several times since it was posted and couldn't remember until now! Probably Nick (the protagonist) from McGee and Me, I adored drawing as a kid, so he was perfect to me. I couldn't have been more than 5 when I first started watching that series (and by then it had been 12 years since it started lol!)

·
Premium Member
15,291 Posts
Number 1 - I have searched for years to find out this guy, a character in a TV in the 60s (I believe) who I fell in love with when I was around 8 or 9 or 10. His character's name was "Nico", maybe short for Nicolo or Nicholas(?), he wasn't the main character but a friend of the main person, who was also a kid. It took place in Italy. He was always tan (very brown), tall, thin and awkward, beautiful dark to the darkest huge eyes, black/brown hair. Can't remember the TV show and I've searched and searched. So let's just say my 1st love was -- "Nico".

Number 2 -- Jack Wild. Soooooooo cute. So in love with him. H. R. Pufnstuf (1969). Oliver! (1968) I wrote a fan letter to him and he wrote me back -- or his secretary did, it was a great letter he sent me. I think we had the same birthday? Not sure about that.

...then when I got to the very ancient, elderly age of 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, there were crushes on Bobby Sherman and Kwai Chang Caine. Early 70s.

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Son Gohan :happy:

And the whole fight against Cell .... made my ovaries explode.

Hottest thing I ever saw as a tiny human with ribbons in my hair:

Got goosebumps just rewatching it now uuuffff When he decapitates the mini cells I was like uuuufffff HOT

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Mine is this Monkey King (Sun WuKong) from Journey to the West. I had a crush on him when I was 7 years old. He is really witty and I like his wit. :blushed:

Reactions: UberY0shi

·
Registered
91 Posts
hmmmmm.... First fictional crush? Probably, Ken Ichijouji from Digimon.

Later, Keladry of Mindelan from the Protector of the Small book series; Liara T'soni from the Mass Effect universe (games); Lelianna from Dragon Age (games).

Basically, Y-TV, Bioware and Tamora Pierce are to blame for all of my crushes in younger days I suppose.

·
Registered
INFP
2,063 Posts
I actually don't remember mine. :laughing: I wished I did because I'm a little curious. :happy:

However, Monica from Dark Cloud 2 springs into my mind for some reason. :laughing:

heh heh heh :kitteh:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hmmmmm.... First fictional crush? Probably, Ken Ichijouji from Digimon.

Later, Keladry of Mindelan from the Protector of the Small book series; Liara T'soni from the Mass Effect universe (games); Lelianna from Dragon Age (games).

Basically, Y-TV, Bioware and Tamora Pierce are to blame for all of my crushes in younger days I suppose.
Ken is interesting! I recently binge watched season 2. At first I thought Davis was nuts and needed something to love, but all of his TLC towards Ken really paid off! So I'm glad Davis found a good cause to direct his energy towards! I mean, Ken went through so much, not being in control of himself most of the time and then having to recover his memories and sense of self. The fact that everyone didn't want him on the team made it worse because they didn't take the time to fully understand why what happened to him happened. The whole Ken and Davis thing really made me appreciate Davis more too :happy: That and I really think the team needed Ken's intelligence to help guide them.

·
Registered
246 Posts
(Don't mind this ISTP. She saw "First fictional crush" and immediately clicked.)

Mine was Daffy Duck from Looney Tunes. Like damn, that duck was insane and I loved it. I always loved the underdog characters more than the heroes, so compared to Bugs, I always rooted for Daffy. He was greedy, a coward and a smart-ass, and he knew it. Which is probably the reason why I liked him so much.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
(Don't mind this ISTP. She saw "First fictional crush" and immediately clicked.)

Mine was Daffy Duck from Looney Tunes. Like damn, that duck was insane and I loved it. I always loved the underdog characters more than the heroes, so compared to Bugs, I always rooted for Daffy. He was greedy, a coward and a smart-ass, and he knew it. Which is probably the reason why I liked him so much.
Hahaha I love Daffy! He was my favorite Disney character. I loved Duck Tales too. I would never, ever mess with Uncle Scrooge >_>

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hahaha I love Daffy! He was my favorite Disney character. I loved Duck Tales too. I would never, ever mess with Uncle Scrooge >_>
EH? Wasn't Daffy from Warner Bros.? And Uncle Scrooge was Donald Duck's uncle? :confused:

Daffy Duck: Daffy the Stupendous.jpg

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I didn't realise it was a crush back then but now I know it: All the time I loved Kari(Hikari) from Digimon :heart::kitteh::laughing:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts