Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right so at the moment I'm in the middle of freshers week - basically the first week of uni where you party straight for a week before the real term begins. Its a world where no one knows anyone and first impressions are everything! So I was wondering what kind of first impressions do you guys give!

So far I seem to have given everyone the impression of a crazy Scotsman who strangely doesn't drink much but always seems drunk despite that! Hyperness, juggling and stilts have added to this!

How about you guys?

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I either get "stuck up bitch" because I tend to have a serious face when deep in though, which I'm in a lot.

Or rude, psychotic, crazy ladeh that has no volume control and no emotions because she'll comment on that guys grease-stained tits... and then compare them to a hibiscus.

I've been mistaken for the shy quiet one a couple of times... that was usually a result of me being sleepy, thus not very alive.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I think I give the impression that I am a very together, serious middle-aged professional who belongs to all of the right organizations and probably has a membership at a sports club.

If only they knew.

Funny when some of them find out what a loon I can be.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I either get "stuck up bitch" because I tend to have a serious face when deep in though, which I'm in a lot.
Similar. I look, apparently, "unapproachable."

Until I, you know, approach someone. Then I come off as confident and sarcastic. For some reason I crank up the sarcasm/funny when I first meet someone.

Reactions: CJ99

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Ummm...no idea. How do you find out what people think of you without leaving the impression that you are an insecure narcissist by asking?

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Ummm...no idea. How do you find out what people think of you without leaving the impression that you are an insecure narcissist by asking?
:crazy: People just tell you.

I've been described as: confident, 'intellectual', serious, stressed-out, business-minded, authoratitive, "dignified", busy, impatient, articulate, bossy, arrogant, uncaring, "coldhearted", and when I'm tired or scattered, I get "quiet and shy". o_O

I have no idea what to make out of all this. I think I have a few adjectives that would apply for all 16 types. :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Similar. I look, apparently, "unapproachable."

Until I, you know, approach someone. Then I come off as confident and sarcastic. For some reason I crank up the sarcasm/funny when I first meet someone.
Yeah I've noticed this a lot. I took something back to the supermarket and then almost wasn't allowed to take something back for being to too cheeky!

·
Banned
998 Posts
I've never asked what first impression I leave with people. But I think I come across as someone who is confident (I'm the one to spark the conversation usually), personable and intelligent. A basic conversation opener for me would be to make some small talk opener, such as "it's a beautiful day today isn't it?". They answer blah blah. Then I'd go on.to tell about some story of how I enjoyed the last time it was a nice day. They go blah blah. Then I ask them "what do you want to do on a nice day?".

Of course this is the kind of conversations I'd start with girls. With guys I often just start talking about the hot girl that just walked by. Ask them for the time. Anything really.

I really don't care too much about the first impression I leave behind. I don't talk to people to make friends. I talk to them to either get laid or to make a resourceful or good business contact. Or to pass the time while I'm waiting for something.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
People usually think I don't like them at first for some reason.

Sometimes I'll get "confident"....Other times I'll get "egotistical" and "arrogant." It just depends on the day.

Don't get me wrong, though....I like to think that I generally make a good first impression.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Very First impression a player, second kind of quiet, third an intellect, fourth a nice guy, fifth a very interesting fellow who can be crazy, sixth probably a lonely individual, seventh a weird interesting mixture that is all the above except player.

A person you feel safe being yourself around.

Edit: A girl who I've only seen three times and spoke to twice, told me today I was cool, interesting, cute, had awesome accent and didn't I was one to sleep around.

Reactions: sonofman and CJ99

·
Registered
413 Posts
First impressions of me? Hmm... well, this is what I've heard so far: hyper, childish, laughs at everything, bimbo, klutz, talks waaay too fast and much at once, seems to get high/drunk on thin air, super-serious, genius, arrogant, loner, shy, sweet, innocent, angelic, sarcastic, snob, bitchy, quiet, center of attention, funny, outgoing, loner, super-mature and intimidating person who's a know-it-all...

So, pretty much of everything ;) It mostly depends on if they meet me or hear of my reputation first, and who I'm with at the time. The only thing in common that all first impressions I've heard people say they've had of me is probably that I'm probably the most random person they've ever met xD

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
LMAO Am I the only one who gives a strong positive impression? People always think I'm incredibly sweet/polite/considerate when we meet. I'm a lazy host, however.

Reactions: CJ99

·
Registered
ESFJ
642 Posts
People (usually those older than me) think I'm an innocent, sweet, shy, spazzy 15 year old. Then I open my mouth and they think I sound 40 and astute.

Alternatively I come off as a coldhearted bitch (usually someone who's crossed my wires in a discussion). :D

·
Registered
97 Posts
Initial observation (no interaction) I generally get:
ditzy, crazy drunk bitch, chick who dresses really strangely (but god, those tights are glittery..), hot chick who they'll pretend to listen to so they can get laid.
After talking for a bit though, I usually surprise people. I've had a guy tell me "Yeah I used to just listen to you cause you're hot, but then I realized you were saying interesting things."

Haha meh. I think people are funny. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
actually i had the same thing going on the last month... and i've noticed that people know so little about me in comparison to what i know about them...

the first week i barely said anything to anyone, i let people approach me and the ones who did had a good time...

i took nobody seriously and i avoided getting attached to someone/a group....

one month later the scenario is pretty similar, i can still pretty much hang out with everyone, but from my side it's still very shallow.

i noticed there was this stress among others to make a good impression, network a lot in the beginning, but i didn't and still things are going good for some reason in the aspect that i have basically spoken to all freshmen without putting any effort on it.

added: i've been told i'm very picky when i choose friends and it's hard for me to trust other people... maybe that's an explanation... it's not that i'm excessively narcissistic or so...

·
Registered
733 Posts
Very First impression a player, second kind of quiet, third an intellect, fourth a nice guy, fifth a very interesting fellow who can be crazy, sixth probably a lonely individual, seventh a weird interesting mixture that is all the above except player.

A person you feel safe being yourself around.

Edit: A girl who I've only seen three times and spoke to twice, told me today I was cool, interesting, cute, had awesome accent and didn't I was one to sleep around.
Whoa! That's me except in different order.

1. Kind of quiet
2. Nice Guy
3. Intellect
4. Player
5. Weird and funny
6. depth of understanding
7. ditto

·
Registered
163 Posts
If I went to school out of state,
I would have spoken with a east-texan accent. Then suddenly stopped after a few says. Then start again a few weeks later.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
OK
People don't tell me. I think they are scared.
I think people often get more scared of what they can detect but not see...If you seen Predator you know what I am talking about...:unsure:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts