Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I'm Jacopo, 22, from Florence :) In these months, I delved a bit into Socionics too aside from MBTI(people on a Telegram group thought I coulb be LII, but i Hardly see myself in it, even if they say I value Ti), I have more troubles figuring things out in Socionics typos, applied to myself/others, rather than with MBTI and Enneagram, if you want to take a look here, I'd be glad if you jump in into my thread ;)

Personal concepts

1. What is beauty? What is love?
Beauty is hard to define, is a so subjective value... My concept of beauty lies in surroundings, I'm really enthralled by wonderful landscapes (that's one reason I love photography) and visiting places, but also a person could be beautiful and also a simple concept like Love or a relationship is beautiful. Beauty is everywhere IMO, and gives me a feeling of comfort when I find it.

2. What are your most important values?
Frankness, Honesty, Directness, Kindness and respect are concepts dear to me! I enjoy making people happy and transmit my enthusiasm to them, I try to leave a good impression on them and like to make them know that they can count on me, trying to be as helpful as I can :D

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
I enjoy religion, I've started as a christian and approached to Buddhism, but I don't identify with anything in particulare, I believe a lot in spiritual energies (like Asian concept of Chi of the enrgy flow) and some voodoo concept, but I really have troubles keeping up with rituals and group praying... I enjoy spiritual search, but not a my top priority :p

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
I believe in pacific protest, not fond on violence at all (at least, not physichal, but i can be pretty assertive and opinionated xD) and don't approve war and military at all, but I think of it as a necessary evil because some mad leaders in the world, look forward to start a war and we need some kind of defense!

Interests
5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
I enjoy talking about everything, especially people life stories! I would keep talking long about my interests or different adventures that people had, but enjoy theory discussion on theories I enjoy (like personality theories), but on other theorethical matters I really get tired easily. Like speculating about politics, but only in short bursts, also because is impossible to have a constructive discussion on political opinions usually xD Everyone stick to their guns, me too ahaha

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
I'm really curious about medical research and like to talk and know about it, but not very interested in theorethical discussion about medics academic topics :p And, talking about my health, well, I don't care so much about it as a topic of conversation xD (that's something my SLI friends love to do ahah)

7. What do you think of daily chores?
B O R I N G, but necessary for practical matters/aesthethics appeasing, even if my room is usal a mess unless I aggressively and compulsively start to re-order xD

8. Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
I love fantasy novels, like mists of avalon or Tales from Eathsea(my actual fantasy preferred book), looking forward to read Chronicles of Narnia, but reading is a bit boring for me if not very engaged in the story xD About movies, my favorite is Into the Wild! Rewatched like 3 times, always moving me in the end (and I am hardly moved ahah). My favourite anime is Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, and I really enjoyed Paradise kiss :)

9. What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
I hardly cry, almost never happens to me, I avoid negative emotions like plague! xD Sometimes I'm a bit moved, but the last time I cried for real was when my first girlfriend broke up with me after 2 years and 6 months :/
I'm always smiley and cheerful, I love meeting new people and starting new Relationships with new friends,but I love to have fun with my buddies or, am very happy, when i am in contact with nature( Hiking in the woods, things like that that unfortunately happens rarely since I still need to get a licence/car :p)

10. Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
With my band/group of friends and on stage in general( I still need to play with my band live, but tried musicals and made an acoustic concert live with others, so funny!), but I feel myself especially when immersed in nature sometimes (I lived in the countryside for two years, I couldn't stand it, so boring, I enjoy lively city far more, but I enjoy being in natural environments once in a while, or take a road/bike ride near the riverside of my city :D And I love going to the seaside)

Evaluation & Behaviour
11. What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
People say I'm too indecisive on serious matters (zero dedition to things because i always love new experience/adventures even if lately I'm lazy AF to look for them xD but when proposed I never back down) like university choosing since I'm guided a lot by immediate feelings and have troubles looking for them in the longest term! I prefer to work, but want to get a degree in Law even if I have troubles with study dedication, always been an improviser pressure-pointed without a study method :p
I dislike that I'm too much an overthinker in regards of certain things, like my hypothethical job or love stories, while pretty impetuos in others like chasing new hobbies or changing future ideas easily (even if I can be quite stubborn regarding certain matters, try to look by others' perspective and basing my affirmations on factual things :p)

12. What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
People say i'm always smiley, sociable and optimistic, energetic and enthusiastic, they say I can easily draw people to me and they easily like me (LOL, I feel so arrogant in this moment xD) and could be a good negotiator/seller since I know how to get people's attention (LOL again xD)! And I think this is pretty aligned with what I believe are my stenghts, even if I'm self doubting on choices and didn't expect to give people this vibe so strongly xD I'd add that I trust a lot on my vibes and gut feelings, and easily identify people 's characteristics, or at least I think i do XD

13. In what areas of your life would you like help?
Finding a course of action regarding study methods and how to realize future perspectives, maybe that's my Enneagram 7w8, but I am a lot on the here and now, easily improvise in crisis or when pushed to my threshold limit, but having troubles on constancy and dedication and methodical preparation :p

14. Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
Hardly happens, but I usually feel a sense of impotence and feel trapped inside the circumstances that I cannot actively change in that moments (this happened during my last job, when they pressured me with absurd timetables and paying whenever they want, leaving me in tremendous situations because of the poor adminsitration and the manager that didn't give a fuck and never helped us), developing a fear of the negative consequences that is usually absent. I tend to lash out at others, bursting with yelling and verbal aggression

People & Interactions
15. What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
I like reliable people that enjoys new things, with clear values and beliefs, that keeps coherence with themselves and are reliabe, or just follows what they preach! I hate bossy people or manipulators/narcissistic control obsessed people, or those who abuse of their power thanks to their higher position in settings. I have a lot of Introverted friends, mostly EIIs, LIIs, ILIs and my best friend is an IEI, she balances me a lot and she always want to lend a helping hand, even if I hardly ask for it (I prefer facing things head on by myself, I enjoy competition with a sportsmanship approach and try to face challenges by myself)! She just gets what's in my head out of nothing ahaah

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
I'm romantic as fuck, even if I have troubles demonstrating it since Physichal touch is my highest Love language and not everyone has it so high :p
I love sex and I have a really high sexual drive and libido, but only when backed up with a feeling of love(especially romantic one, but I won't dislike it in a friendship, even if I probably would end up wanting some more than being friends with benefits). Never had a sexual intercourse, never looked for it because I'm not much interested, but I probably won't back down if the occasion presents itself xD but probably won't leave nothing particular to me... I look forward to commit in a RS, but having troubles doing it, I must really feel something strong to my partner to accept it as an idea! But, I'm always loyal when in a RS, but can easily break it up after trying everything to fix it :/

17. If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
Independence of thinking and living, and making him/her have fun as hell, I'd like to make him/her have good childhood memories xD I'll try to transmit my values, explaining him/her why I follow them, but respect him/her if he would have other preferences, in the limits of morality! Not sure about the measures, but I would make sure he put a total faith on me and try to make him know that I love him undepending of the situation he faces, try to support his earnestness with me

18. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
I'd ask for the motives of his affirmation, and explain my different point of view (preferring the use of facts and experience to make him know my motives and circumstances) without imposing it, but I'd get pretty stand-offish and assertive and get fired up XD But still seeing it as a friendly debate, unless he clashes with me completely to reach an incompatibility point, or simply betrays my faith in him.

19. Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
People, in a society, work together to reach harmony and reach some common objectives that need teamwork to do so, but let's not forget about their individuality, everyone is unique and special, some compromises are necessary, but without renouncing to each one's independece and free speech.
Carelessness, the most strong problem; people care more about their personal gain and feel justified to abandon others weaker than them to ensure their maximum power gain, leaving more pressuring problems behind (poverty rising, environmental crisis)... It's so sad, it's always been like this, and I hate the current state that only got worse...

20. How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
Mostly on vibes, I trust a lot my gut feelings and impressions and then I try to know them better to understand if a friendship/love story is meant to born! I love seeing how they behave in different situations and it's a mean, for me, to evaluate how strong our RS could grow :) I'm pretty spontaneous and enthusiastic, but I have a preference to help with all I got relatives of me :) (Also with strangers if they are in need, but in a less involved way, even if I love helping people :p)

21. How do you behave around strangers?
As spontaneous as possible, my behaviours won't change according to situations (except in more formal settings), but I hardly reaveal to them my most valued ideas and feelings, preferring to exchange life experiences with each other, rather than ideas of feelings :)

Ok, I hope I got everything covered, if you have any questions, or just want to have a chat with me, feel free to comment here or add me/send a private message, I love meeting you guys :)
About the tests, I usually got EII, ESE, SEI and sometimes ESI/SEE/ILE in the past months, but today I have found them pretty coherent xD
Socionics.com : ESFP
Sociotype.com : SEE, ESE 88%, SEI 77% , ESI 75%
Socionictest.net : ESFP(Napoleon-255), ESTP (Zhukov-250) , ENTP(Don Quixote -230)

My big 5 result is SCUEI, my enneagram probably 7w8 :D

Thanks a lot guys, cheers :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
You come across as very Fe. My guess would be ESE.

Beauty is everywhere IMO, and gives me a feeling of comfort when I find it.
Si-ish

I enjoy making people happy and transmit my enthusiasm to them
Fe-ish, along with your love of exclamation points! and emoticons ;).

I would keep talking long about my interests or different adventures that people had, but enjoy theory discussion on theories I enjoy (like personality theories), but on other theorethical matters I really get tired easily
Weak-but-valued Ti. Worth noting the distinction here from an SEI/IEI: those types are more likely to actively generate their own convoluted theories for fun but find it tiring. Your example seems more passive.

I prefer to work, but want to get a degree in Law even if I have troubles with study dedication, always been an improviser pressure-pointed without a study method :p
Weak Ni. Ni types tend to easily figure out where they're going or what the results of their actions will be.

I can easily draw people to me and they easily like me (LOL, I feel so arrogant in this moment xD) and could be a good negotiator/seller since I know how to get people's attention (LOL again xD)!
Fe. Note the focus on your talent at controlling the mood of your environment: you know how to control social interactions in such a way that people will like you or pay attention to you.

(I would like help in) finding a course of action regarding study methods and how to realize future perspectives
Ti-Ne seeking, some self-consciousness about weakness with Te.

I like reliable people that enjoys new things, with clear values and beliefs, that keeps coherence with themselves and are reliable, or just follows what they preach!
"Enjoys new things" leans Ne-valuing. Bolded is Ti seeking, especially the phrase "keeps coherence with themselves". In other words... what you want is an LII.

I hate bossy people or manipulators/narcissistic control obsessed people, or those who abuse of their power thanks to their higher position in settings.
These are pretty much all negative stereotypes about the Gamma quadra (LIE, ILI, SEE, ESI), which contains all the functions you don't value (Te, Ni, Se, and Fi).

my best friend is an IEI, she balances me a lot and she always want to lend a helping hand, even if I hardly ask for it (...) She just gets what's in my head out of nothing ahaah
IEI is the supervisor (their dominant function is your weakest, their secondary function is your strongest) of ESE, so this would match up pretty well. The supervisor tends to come across as very competent to the person being supervised, almost sometimes to the point of annoyance (in return, the supervisor tends to feel like the supervisee is someone who just needs a little help and guidance). Bolded is her strong Ni.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Signorina Misteriosa (are you italian too perhaps?)
@Stellafera
Thanks a lot for the replies, I just figured it out, some days ago, that I am in truth a LII (people video-analyzed me all around socionics sites) with an Ne preference.... And I think I can easily relate to that functions preference!
I thought for a while I was ESE, also because no one IRL would say I'm an introvert even because I don't want to appear so, but something always seemed off with that definition.... I grew up in a strong Fe environment, so that made me kinda "proficient" with it, and maybe I have a particular Enneagram (with Social instinctual preference) that makes me look more social, but it's not my natural strenght, and, especially during debates, i have a very strong Ti-Ne approach, with the use of demonstrative Ni and Ignoring Te(something that other people made me notice) about things ;P neither I actively need the Fe like an Fe dom/aux would need to!
I'm sorry to have wasted your time, but I think I'm pretty sure about it now, after a year of searching! Thanks anyway for taking your time to read through my rants here xD

·
🎀
11,795 Posts
Jackobuss said:
are you italian too perhaps?
No sadly, I saw a perfume once with that name and really loved the sound of it. Italian is such a beautiful language.

Glad you settled on a type, I'd still keep ESE or maybe SEI-Fe in mind though...to me Fe does seem to come naturally to you and it's so present in every answer, it's hard to ignore :unsure:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No sadly, I saw a perfume once with that name and really loved the sound of it. Italian is such a beautiful language.

Glad you settled on a type, I'd still keep ESE or maybe SEI-Fe in mind though...to me Fe does seem to come naturally to you and it's so present in every answer, it's hard to ignore :unsure:
Thanks again for reply, Iìll keep that in mind :p
But i don't think I have a so high Fe anyway, maybe it's just something related to my enneagram or because I was born and raised in a strong Fe environment, so Fe comes a bit stronger with me even if it's the lowest in my stack :p
But I'll keep that in mind, thanks :)
(BTW in italian tour name mean "Mysterious Lady" xD)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Looks like an ESE to me.

Reactions: Jackobuss
1 - 9 of 9 Posts